The discovery thread!
May 18, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #102,031 of 104,106
@cqtek Thanks a lot for your in depth review!
Even if I repeat myself here, but I catch myself continuously reaching out to my Himalaya... They are such a fun and engaging listen, yet quite detailed and the soundstage is, as you also experienced, close to breathtaking. It really has a somewhat special and refreshingly different tuning.

The only two gripes I have with them is 1) I wish they would be just a bit more prominent in the lows... just a tiny little bit.
And 2) the fit. Even with the Sigmot nozzle tuning kit and it's longer nozzles, I had to tip roll a lot to find a satisfying fit and isolation.

Nevertheless, even then I can't stop listening with them, and I have at least two well higher priced IEMs than the 300$ Himalaya.

EDIT: I'd love to see a FQ response curve with the Sigmot nozzles and the medium 300 Mesh. ... anyone? please?

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #102,032 of 104,106
There was something between simgot ea 1000 an timsok ts 316 that was scratch my head. I for very long time cant say what was that and after all have heureka moment. Actualy timsok is warmer little more flater not v shape. But for left right iam sure ea 1000 more open. So why i wont listen openes on timsok. And i know it because these openes is not left, right it is in the middle. Ea 1000 have middle in song botched together. Still ea 1000 can do it very hard fight on some songs.
I sold the EA1000 because compared to the EW200 and EA500LM, the stage width/depth and imaging are weaksauce. Now it's not weaksauce overall, but compared to those other two in their line, yes they are.

May 18, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #102,033 of 104,106
CCA Polaris landed. OOTB impressions. First off, the cable is the same one KZ attaches to the Ling Long and the CCA C12 aka it's thin and kinda sucks, so bye bye. Simgot cable on. Soundwise? Switches have to be UUUU, or it sounds hollow. With the switches set, they remind me of a combination of the Crin x 7hz Zero and the aforementioned KZ Ling Long. What I'm not hearing is the wide stage/deep stage that some mentioned. Right now it's only average in all directions (maybe like Cadenza or EA1000??). It's also LOUD as hell. These things will play loud off any source.

Attachments

• CCA Polaris.jpg
    CCA Polaris.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 0
May 18, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #102,034 of 104,106
I sold the EA1000 because compared to the EW200 and EA500LM, the stage width/depth and imaging are weaksauce. Now it's not weaksauce overall, but compared to those other two in their line, yes they are.
Haha!! you've just answered my question: I was gonna pm you about this earlier - cos the hype surrounding the EA1000 is ubiquitous & I remembered that you'd already switched them out lol...cheers !!

May 18, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #102,035 of 104,106
Man, I am super pissed with the xDuoo now. It's been 3-4 days since I started testing the XD05 Pro. The main issue is its battery life, man this is a transportable device with the battery backup of a 1900s Chinese smartphone(if they had any). Equipped with a massive 13600mAh battery, the device provides hardly 1:30-2 hours in turbo mode using balanced output and USB input. Even in Eco mode, the device provides hardly 5-6 hours and normal mode hardly giving me 4 hours approx only.

I have mailed them and contacted them through their website, but I have received no replies. Now my last resort is to contact via my known retailer in my country, if they still give me no resolution or proper revert to all this. I am gonna make a god damn video for them. This is not acceptable when reviewers are posting a battery backup of approx 10 hours while the unit lasts hardly 5-6 that too in the lowest gain mode.

Thanks for listening to my rant today. I am just pissed off because i spent close to 900$ with ROHM DAC card and now this is just trouble.
I'm sorry you're going through all this, buddy. I've been there with the battery issues on not cheap gear. :frowning2: Wish you the best in resolution.

May 18, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #102,036 of 104,106
CCA Polaris landed. OOTB impressions. First off, the cable is the same one KZ attaches to the Ling Long and the CCA C12 aka it's thin and kinda sucks, so bye bye. Simgot cable on. Soundwise? Switches have to be UUUU, or it sounds hollow. With the switches set, they remind me of a combination of the Crin x 7hz Zero and the aforementioned KZ Ling Long. What I'm not hearing is the wide stage/deep stage that some mentioned. Right now it's only average in all directions (maybe like Cadenza or EA1000??). It's also LOUD as hell. These things will play loud off any source.
Conversely, what I AM hearing now is Rhapsodys huge but cohesive stage = the shizzle !!

May 18, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #102,038 of 104,106
I'm so glad I found this thread. Learning new things everyday.
This is the best thread there is on Headfi, and I've been a part of probably 4-5 other pages over the years, and this is the only one I've made a permanent home.

May 18, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #102,040 of 104,106
@cqtek Thanks a lot for your in depth review!
Even if I repeat myself here, but I catch myself continuously reaching out to my Himalaya... They are such a fun and engaging listen, yet quite detailed and the soundstage is, as you also experienced, close to breathtaking. It really has a somewhat special and refreshingly different tuning.

The only two gripes I have with them is 1) I wish they would be just a bit more prominent in the lows... just a tiny little bit.
And 2) the fit. Even with the Sigmot nozzle tuning kit and it's longer nozzles, I had to tip roll a lot to find a satisfying fit and isolation.

Nevertheless, even then I can't stop listening with them, and I have at least two well higher priced IEMs than the 300$ Himalaya.

EDIT: I'd love to see a FQ response curve with the Sigmot nozzles and the medium 300 Mesh. ... anyone? please?

I'm the same with Himalaya - still picking it up on a regular basis in spite of review being done and other sets that have since landed... a really wonderful set!

May 18, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #102,041 of 104,106
I start my shift, but so far, some more tidbits about the CCA Polaris (Currently on sale for $20.00 on Amazon US with free one day shipping). Slight channel imbalance on the left side. Not great, but also not optimal. Otherwise, these things sing for metal music! I initially was listening to classic rock OOTB, since that was the playlist I was listening to while entertaining both the ST7 and briefly the RE00. I really enjoy the treble extension. It's sits right in the pocket I like, which is shimmery, extended, and well controlled, while not sibilant or strident. Mids are slightly on the thinner side. Not terrible. I'd describe them as Trio like, or ZERO like. Similar tonality. Bass is definitely sub bass focused, and has some quickness and thud in the kick drums. I enjoy that type of response when I'm listening to metal and hard rock. We'll see with some burn in (it's now on the station), if the stage opens up some, because air is not a problem, but for now, compared to the Trio or ST7, which spacing is a special sauce, this one just has sauce in those regards, but really, it was an enjoyable early listen.

May 18, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #102,042 of 104,106
Has anyone measured the Tiranderhe Tiandirenhe (I hate spelling this word and I 100% got it wrong the first time) TD20? I have one on the way and the manufacturer provided graph looks pretty good but I'm curious how it actually measures.

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #102,044 of 104,106
Lol I almost forgot that I ordered the Polaris.
So far it's fun, but it's not a basshead IEM, as far as is the Crin preference ever basshead? This is tuned similarly to a Crin tuning. More sub bass than mid bass.

May 18, 2024 at 7:32 PM Post #102,045 of 104,106
Me: Basshead, but I want it all: thumping sub bass, lower mids, minimal mid bass bloat, forward mids/vocals, clarity and definition to the upper bands, with minimal fatigue

After a hit and a miss with the TRN ST7 ; which is no fault of the ST7, just not to my tastes. As the ST7 is very resolving, just lacks sub bass. My addiction needed to be fed, so I scoured the last AliExpress sale for older IEMs that are being discounted. A couple of Geek Wold units (the GK 100 & GK200) and the Sound Rhyme SR7 popped up on my radar. On paper all three units seemed to cater to the same crowd that the TR7 targets, just at (respectively) much higher pricing tiers.

But I decided to throw logic out the window and take a gamble on the lowest priced (<$150 USD) of the three, the Geek Wold GK100
  • High resolution composite 2 balanced armature (high frequency)
  • Composite 2 high performance 8mm piezoelectric ceramics (high frequency)
  • Composite 2 high-performance 8mm piezoelectric ceramics (ultra-high frequency)
  • 8mm DLC driver (middle frequency)
  • 2 8mm dual cavity 2-way crossover coaxial dynamic, LCP diaphragm dynamic (low frequency) + composite titanium diaphragm dynamic (ultra-low frequency)
The triple DD drivers peaked my interest, since I got turned onto the CCA Trio. I was hoping that the recent firmware update to my Qudelix 5K's PEQ presets could massage the triple DDs. to offset the consensus, in the *Head-Fi reviews

I'm still trying to figure out the new interface on the Qudelix 5K. As I backed into something good, by overlapping two PEQ settings. But until I do an A/B against something like my copy of the Tansio Mirai X, I'll sit in my happy place (of ignorance) and say the GK100 is really close to my Goldilocks; as it meets my needs:
:white_check_mark: thumping sub bass
:white_check_mark: somewhat boosted, lower mids
:white_check_mark: minimal mid bass bloat
:white_check_mark: forward mids/vocals
:white_check_mark: clarity and definition to the upper bands, with minimal fatigue

Across the boards, the drivers in the GK100 take well to aggressive PEQ settings
Geek Wold GK100 wPEQ.jpg

*Cons: Bulky in universal form, smaller ears might have issues.
Not the most natural treble tonal or timbral character
Not the most balanced mids presentation. Uneven mids.
Might be a bit too much upper mids for many
Not enough mid body to make music sound natural.
Lacks a bit of bass body and fullness.
Lacks height and depth of sound.

Included cable would have been better with a pure copper type cable.
Included tips are throwaway type.

*Cons: -high pinna gain that can be fatiguing for female vocal
-not the most natural nor thickest timbre
-sub bass roll off-lack of rumble and extension down to 20hz

-compressed spatiality, feel a bit in your head
-upper treble pass 10khz can pick up hiss and noise artefact with bad recording

-bright and energic=not for treble sensitve people
-micro details can be distracting sometime (or fascinating other time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back