The discovery thread!
Apr 30, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #9,211 of 100,670
Is that for the DX200s? I'd like the DX210s 
biggrin.gif

Yeah it's for the Carbo Tenore, not the Basso.

I guess I could ask him about the DX210 as well.

Reason I'm more interested in the microdriver DX200 though as it will be much more lively and thus more suited for listening my Trance mixes.

I will be astonished if it turns out to be an upgrade to my Yamaha EPH100. :xf_eek:

May 1, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #9,212 of 100,670
Received a reply from White Rabbit Japan today about the Zero Audio IEMs:

Dear Andrei,

Thank you very much for your request. Please read this email carefully.

We can provide your requested item(s) for the following price:

=REQUESTED ITEM(S)=
-qty 1 [#4740] Carbo Tenore ZH-DX200-CT earphones by Zero Audio : US$66.80
http://whiterabbitexpress.com/zh-dx200-ct/

*This price includes the product cost, local tax, inbound shipping, all transaction charges related to payment and our handling fee. If the item was sold-out at the shop you provided, we may have found it elsewhere for a different price.

Sometimes an item can become sold out, so its usually best to order quickly to ensure availability.

=SHIPPING=
We bill actual shipping charges - we don't mark-up the shipping costs to make a profit. Since we don't have your requested item(s) in hand, we are unable to determine the exact shipping cost. Once your request item(s) arrive at our office, we'll send a second payment request for the shipping charges. You can estimate your shipping charges using the rate schedules below (note: not all shipping methods are available for all items or all countries):

EMS: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/fee/intel/ems.html
Airmail (Printed Matter/Small Packet): http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/fee/intel/airmail.html
Parcel Post (SEA/AIR/SAL): http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/fee/intel/parcel.html

Seems like a good price, although I wonder about the Customs tax. Maybe its possible for them to mark the item down as gift. 

May 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #9,214 of 100,670
Quote:
My CKN70's do not have the holes either but the pair of CKN50's have two small holes.  

Thanks Danny for the feedback. Appreciate it.
Quote:
Yeah it's for the Carbo Tenore, not the Basso.

I guess I could ask him about the DX210 as well.

Reason I'm more interested in the microdriver DX200 though as it will be much more lively and thus more suited for listening my Trance mixes.

I will be astonished if it turns out to be an upgrade to my Yamaha EPH100.
redface.gif

Hi geko95gek, I'm also looking out for the Carbo Basso. Will be looking out for your update and thanks for taking the time and initiative for the benefit of the community.

May 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #9,218 of 100,670
Quote:
All 4 model of zero audio are on ebay now from the seller buyfromjapan , I'm going to get the basso soon
biggrin.gif

Good find! They are on ebay.ca as well (about $73 CDN shipped):
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Zero-Audio-ZH-DX210-CB-Stereo-Inner-Ear-Headphones-/140967843224?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item20d2569598

The only problem is that the shipment could take a painfully long time (ie 3 weeks).

They are on amazon.jp for approx $45. It would probably be about $20 to ship them via tenso, for a total of $65. The big difference is that they would get here withing 8 days for sure.

May 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #9,220 of 100,670
Quote:
Yeah the eBay prices put me off since they're quite high, but I then run the risk of customs fees from Tenso and I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Right - you guys get nailed in the UK don't you. I've ordered two items from amazon.jp/tenso which were both in the $160-$180 CDN range, and never got nailed with customs fees to Canada. I think that going over $200 in though might result in extra fees.

May 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #9,221 of 100,670
Quote:
Thanks Danny for the feedback. Appreciate it.

Hi geko95gek, I'm also looking out for the Carbo Basso. Will be looking out for your update and thanks for taking the time and initiative for the benefit of the community.

Thanks for the kind words mate, I'm just trying to do my best for my audiophile friends here. 
size]

If any of you guys like TRANCE music, you can check out my mixes as a thank you.

http://mixcloud.com/liftedandreas

Quote:
All 4 model of zero audio are on ebay now from the seller buyfromjapan , I'm going to get the basso soon
biggrin.gif

Bit more expensive than what my Japanese eBay seller friend said though.

I might end up going for it at this rate, at least there wont be any trouble with customs lol

Also, Carbo Tenore seem to be slightly more expensive from buyfromjapan seller than Carbo Basso... I wonder why?

May 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #9,222 of 100,670
I don't know if anyone posted this yet, but I read on some post that the Carbo Tenore has more of a treble boost and the Carbo Basso has more of a bass boost, which are the main differences between the 200 and 210. FYI

May 1, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #9,223 of 100,670
Quote:

Bit more expensive than what my Japanese eBay seller friend said though.

I might end up going for it at this rate, at least there wont be any trouble with customs lol

Also, Carbo Tenore seem to be slightly more expensive from buyfromjapan seller than Carbo Basso... I wonder why?

that's a great seller. not cheapest prices, but offers full warranty

May 1, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #9,224 of 100,670
So dsnuts and danny, I'm looking forward to your impressions of the Basso's now that more burn in has been achieved!

Who else has ordered these puppies? My ears get quite hot in the summer, so I'm liking the idea of using my CKS1000 and these Carbo Basso iems more than my headphones during the summer. As far as headphones go, my ksc75's (on headband) are quite light on the ears, and I don't care if I get sweat on them, and they sound great, so they do a good job. But, I think that I'll also get the Koss Sportapro's (same driver as portapro's) for $30 and do these mods on them which I found in this headfi post - will sound awesome I am sure! And again, I won't care about abusing them in the heat.

May 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #9,225 of 100,670

Users who are viewing this thread

Back