The discovery thread!
Apr 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #9,106 of 102,065
Quote:
There is a reason why I pointed to the OTG cable with power supply:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321051411863?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The power connection is required to provide power to Hifimediy DAC.
People that are using this OTG cable:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-USB-2-0-A-Female-to-Micro-B-Male-Converter-OTG-Host-Extension-Adapter-Cable-/221205356905?pt=US_Server_Power_Supplies&hash=item3380dde169

are about to be disappointed. It's mostly useful for DACs with built-in battery, e.g. FIIO E17, and even then you must turn off the USB charging feature on FIIO E17 before using it.

I'm sure that plenty of people tried using the wrong cable.

Still wrong.  S3 and Note 2 gets a notification  "High powered USB device connected. Cannot access this device. Connect..." when the phone can't supply enough power.  That's not the case with hifimediy and the S3/Note 2; it simply can't be used as DAC with most phones.  

So try again.  

Apr 28, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #9,107 of 102,065
Quote:

Still wrong.  S3 and Note 2 gets a notification  "High powered USB device connected. Cannot access this device. Connect..." when the phone can't supply enough power.  That's not the case with hifimediy and the S3/Note 2; it simply can't be used as DAC with most phones.  

So try again.  

What is "still wrong"? What should I "try again"?
Did I promise you this to work for any specific phone?
It's just the right cable for the ones that will work.
If you want to know which DACs will work for Galaxy S3/Note II, check this post:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/2160#post_9361411
BTW, according to this post the Hifimediy does work with the USB Audio Recorder Pro on these devices.
Samsung really sux at USB audio, they didn't do the standard implementation, that's why I have chosen HTC One X+ over S3. On the HTC everything works.

Any Android-related discussion should really be continued on that other thread - it's not related to the discovery thread.

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #9,108 of 102,065
Just ordered my secret iem which zelda already spilled the beans on-_-",yeah the corecool v2 is a chinese iem with epic build quality using titanium magnesium housing with dual dynamic drivers, with airospace grade removable cable and comes with a spare mic'ed cable only for a promational $99 shipped . I think they will be the best bang for the buck discovery yet :D

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #9,109 of 102,065
I've burned them in for over 400 hours and it's still a little too piercing for me.  I guess I'm ultra sensitive in that treble peak area.  Rest of the sound is fantastic though.  

Have you heard any of the XX IEMs by JVC?

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #9,111 of 102,065
xb60ex. I'm sure they have the most base frequencies to pound your years and won't sacrifice sound quality. I have the xb90ex and I'm thinking that I don't even need a new iem. maybe I'll buy a new one when this breaks, but I have a feeling it will take a good amount of time until then...

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #9,112 of 102,065
Quote:

So try again.  

Dude it's not worth it, we've realized talking to this guy is like "The kid who tries to correct everyone".
Just let the topic die

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #9,113 of 102,065
Quote:
Just ordered my secret iem which zelda already spilled the beans on-_-",yeah the corecool v2 is a chinese iem with epic build quality using titanium magnesium housing with dual dynamic drivers, with airospace grade removable cable and comes with a spare mic'ed cable only for a promational $99 shipped . I think they will be the best bang for the buck discovery yet
biggrin.gif

sounds cool, don't know what aerospace grade cable does but cool none the less.  What's the connection used for the cables?  hopefully it sounds better than brainwavz attempt at dual dynamics w/ the R1.

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #9,116 of 102,065
I don't have any idea how they sound or about the manufacture, but the thing I know its chinese and I know how amazing iem sound china can sound also considering the built quality is like a tank I think there shouldn't be a big risk :). I'll let all of you guys know how they sound in 10-15 days, I have high hope for them :)

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #9,117 of 102,065
Quote:
The areospace cable is for duribility and the product came out 5 day ago so we will see how it compete with my other iems
smily_headphones1.gif
, I do not know about the plug type .

Just for accuracy and not to be a jerk but the metals in the housings/connectors and is what's touted as Aerospace grade. The cable is an "audiophile grade" silver cable and looks good quite similar to an Astrotec cable.

I don't think it is much of a risk. You get a bit for the money and he is a good seller...
  [size=12pt]"If for some reason you are not satisfied with our service or product, you can send the original package back within 3 days, and we’ll FULL refund to you after we get the package."[/size]

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #9,119 of 102,065
You should be the first to have them. I don't and haven't heard them. I only know of them and their other model U2 which has a single dynamic and screw on tuning plates. I know the seller though and they quality stuff and are helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back