The discovery thread!
Feb 23, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #7,291 of 100,871
Quote:

Mine just arrived !!!
biggrin.gif

The CKN-70 was the first to be plugged into the ELE DAC/Laptop, .....the first few notes hits me like fresh melted snow from an old spice advertisement, not quite sure what to make of what I'm hearing, does this thing even needs burning in ?????
confused.gif

...need to listen more and maybe open the CKN-50 as well for a comparision.

...will be back with more impression.

No sleep for you, or eating, only impressions. Then comparisons, must have them. You must listen and post, nothing else. chop chop! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #7,292 of 100,871
Quote:

Mine just arrived !!!
biggrin.gif

The CKN-70 was the first to be plugged into the ELE DAC/Laptop, .....the first few notes hits me like fresh melted snow from an old spice advertisement, not quite sure what to make of what I'm hearing, does this thing even needs burning in ?????
confused.gif

...need to listen more and maybe open the CKN-50 as well for a comparision.

...will be back with more impression.

I can't wait for mine to get here.

Feb 23, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #7,293 of 100,871
I'd like to know how the CKN70 compares to the XBA30... This is exciting!

Feb 23, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #7,294 of 100,871

Feb 23, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #7,296 of 100,871
Quote:

No sleep for you, or eating, only impressions. Then comparisons, must have them. You must listen and post, nothing else. chop chop! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Okay, just a quick update.

I had a brief listen to all 3 ATH phones.

Out of the box, it is pretty clear that the CKN70 are an upgrade over the CKN50, they both have a very similar signature but the CKN70 is just tighter and deeper everywhere, vocals have more emotions, if I didn't knew better I would have thought that the CKN70 sounds like a well burn in CKN50 (hence my initial impression that the CKN70 don't need burn in) but they are both brand new out of box items, after hearing the both of them doing female vocals with lots of Sss and Thss, I will say they are both sibilant and DO need burning in.

The SQ of the CKN50 is pretty unique, even though they aren't settled/burn in yet, I am already preferring them over the MH1C. The CKN70 is just at another level.

WS99    ...right out of box, these are even better than what I was expecting them to be, listening to them for 5 mins and I've settled down with their signature and really starting to enjoy EDM on them. Bass is more than sufficient and not bloated, maybe just a tiny bit of tightening up and the mids and highs are not lacking either ...I am most certain the mids and highs would only get better and forward with burn in just as they did on my AD900X.
Looks like my JVC HAS500 just got replaced !
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #7,298 of 100,871
Nice first impressions Ghost! I can't wait for your review on the CKN70 after you've burned them in...
I'm guessing this would give me a hard time choosing between the CKN70 and XBA30.

What are your thoughts on this Dsnuts?

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #7,300 of 100,871
Quote:

Out of the box, it is pretty clear that the CKN70 are an upgrade over the CKN50, they both have a very similar signature but the CKN70 is just tighter and deeper everywhere, vocals have more emotions, if I didn't knew better I would have thought that the CKN70 sounds like a well burn in CKN50 (hence my initial impression that the CKN70 don't need burn in) but they are both brand new out of box items, after hearing the both of them doing female vocals with lots of Sss and Thss, I will say they are both sibilant and DO need burning in.

The SQ of the CKN50 is pretty unique, even though they aren't settled/burn in yet, I am already preferring them over the MH1C. The CKN70 is just at another level.

WS99    ...right out of box, these are even better than what I was expecting them to be, listening to them for 5 mins and I've settled down with their signature and really starting to enjoy EDM on them. Bass is more than sufficient and not bloated, maybe just a tiny bit of tightening up and the mids and highs are not lacking either ...I am most certain the mids and highs would only get better and forward with burn in just as they did on my AD900X.
tongue.gif

I hope you have a splitter to burn all then phones in at the same time. I feel for Mrs. Ghost. She is gonna have to put up with a lot of chatter..

Feb 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #7,301 of 100,871
Quote:

tongue.gif

Nice initial impressions, Ghostfit. Now, what I would like to know about the cables on the CKN70. Is it the exact same cable/cord that is on the CKN50? 

Feb 23, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #7,302 of 100,871
Quote:

tongue.gif

Are the WS99s over the ear? or on the ear?

Feb 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #7,304 of 100,871
Very scrawny looking cable compared to the CKM. Though the CKM70 is very well made and much pricier than the CKN70. Where is that from, btw? CKM70 vs. CKN70 is an interesting SQ comparison if one was/is being done there.

Feb 23, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #7,305 of 100,871
Quote:
Very scrawny looking cable compared to the CKM. Though the CKM70 is very well made and much pricier than the CKN70. Where is that from, btw? CKM70 vs. CKN70 is an interesting SQ comparison if one was/is being done there.

here
http://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/K0000457437/

no idea what is says, just wanted the photo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back