The discovery thread!
Feb 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #6,976 of 100,551
Quote:
Are these legit/genuine?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-JVC-FX3X-Xtreme-Xplosives-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Deep-Bass-HA-FX3X-/290829961278?pt=US_Computer_Headsets&hash=item43b6d1083e&_uhb=1

Thanks for the link, I'm gonna give these a shot. I'll post in this thread what I think once I get em.

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #6,977 of 100,551
Quote:
Are these legit/genuine?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-JVC-FX3X-Xtreme-Xplosives-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Deep-Bass-HA-FX3X-/290829961278?pt=US_Computer_Headsets&hash=item43b6d1083e&_uhb=1

Quote:
Thanks for the link, I'm gonna give these a shot. I'll post in this thread what I think once I get em.

I ordered one of these a couple of days back too, just waiting for them to arrive. @7S Cameron I found this page here detailing a fake, you might want to compare them when yours arrives. http://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/J0000003711/SortID=15271348/

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #6,978 of 100,551
I ordered one of these a couple of days back too, just waiting for them to arrive. @7S Cameron I found this page here detailing a fake, you might want to compare them when yours arrives. http://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/J0000003711/SortID=15271348/

I can't believe people are already making takes for these lol. They aren't even that expensive to begin with. I really appreciate the link, I wasn't sure how I was going to teat the legitimacy of these.

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #6,981 of 100,551
Quote:
I can't believe people are already making takes for these lol. They aren't even that expensive to begin with. I really appreciate the link, I wasn't sure how I was going to teat the legitimacy of these.

Well, they were announced in June of 2011 and readily available by fall 2011 so they are about 1.5 years old. Well enough time to determine if they are a popular enough target for their efforts
regular_smile .gif

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #6,982 of 100,551
I just recieved my Arcatron HDA-100 amp, so here are some quick pics:

The unit arrived in 4 days and looks to be in good condition. The case appears to be well built for the the $23 I paid. It certainly looks like its intended to be industrial/studio use rather than for hobbyists. No idea how it sounds yet though, because I don't know how its supposed to be hooked up (see below)

The amp itself

A picture of its internals. The opamp is a TI TL072CP if anyone's familiar with it

The audio input, anyone know how its supposed to be connected? There's a separate +, -, and ground for left and right channels
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #6,983 of 100,551
Quote:
I just recieved my Arcatron HDA-100 amp, so here are some quick pics:

The unit arrived in 4 days and looks to be in good condition. The case appears to be well built for the the $23 I paid. It certainly looks like its intended to be industrial/studio use rather than for hobbyists. No idea how it sounds yet though, because I don't know how its supposed to be hooked up (see below)

The amp itself

A picture of its internals. The opamp is a TI TL072CP if anyone's familiar with it

The audio input, anyone know how its supposed to be connected? There's a separate +, -, and ground for left and right channels
confused_face(1).gif

Oh, wow...I have never seen that one before. Maybe it needs its own thread to get that sorted out (in the amp forum). I'm sure there's an amp nerd somewhere who can help us out.

EDIT: Could those be speaker wire clips?

DOUBLE EDIT: I made a thread posting the picture and asking what the connection was and how it could be hooked up to a computer.

TRIPLE EDIT: I think I hit cancel instead of submit when creating the thread. Whoops!

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #6,986 of 100,551
Well, they were announced in June of 2011 and readily available by fall 2011 so they are about 1.5 years old. Well enough time to determine if they are a popular enough target for their efforts
regular_smile%20.gif
Wow I didn't know these have already been out that long.

Feb 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #6,988 of 100,551
Quote:
Oh, wow...I have never seen that one before. Maybe it needs its own thread to get that sorted out (in the amp forum). I'm sure there's an amp nerd somewhere who can help us out.

EDIT: Could those be speaker wire clips?

DOUBLE EDIT: I made a thread posting the picture and asking what the connection was and how it could be hooked up to a computer.

TRIPLE EDIT: I think I hit cancel instead of submit when creating the thread. Whoops!

No they're not clips. It's called a Euroblock.

See here...

http://www.rane.com/note110.html

Feb 12, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #6,990 of 100,551
I got it to play after messing around with a TRS plug and some speaker wires! It's not perfect since its going from a unbalanced source into a balanced input, but at least I can listen to it now and I have to say the sound quality is well worth the price! I'll have to listen a bit longer before I can say anything more about it, but in the meantime here's the DIY plug I made:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back