The discovery thread!
Feb 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #6,931 of 102,992
Quote:
So everybody who got the EFi82MT agree that they sound better than the MH463? (who has which model anyway? Which did dsnuts get?)
Pity I don't see them anywhere locally...

I have both the MH463 and the EFi-82 MT (despite my umpteen posts on the thing, I still am not sure where the space and hyphen go in the name. xD.)

I like it a good bit more than the MH463. It has more resolution, or so to speak.

But that's not a knock on the MH463 at all. It's still an incredible headphone, and it's the one that got everyone hipped to Somic.
beerchug.gif

I'm not an expert in Hong Kong audio sales, but the sheer number of headphone shops there is crazy! Hopefully, one of the has it!

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #6,934 of 102,992
Ya but now with crystal clarity and detail to the highs and deep full lush smooth textured mids with that ground shaking sub bass. I have never heard a better bass headphone.  I think these will compete well with the M-100s and the Tiestos and the like but cost a bunch less.

Feb 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #6,935 of 102,992
Quote:
Ya but now with crystal clarity and detail to the highs and deep full lush smooth textured mids with that ground shaking sub bass. I have never heard a better bass headphone.  I think these will compete well with the M-100s and the Tiestos and the like but cost a bunch less.

Hmm. I might have to take a look-see.

On a scale from AH-D2000 to XB500, how emphasized is the bass?

Feb 9, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #6,937 of 102,992
WS99 New flagship bass headphones from AT.. Sub bass is stronger than the D2000 not as strong as the XB500 I suspect but the sub bass is very comparable to the XB90Ex. I will have to A/B to make sure.   These use some real nice tech in the sound. Double air chambers in the cups give more depth and stage than most closed cans..Not as wide as an open can of course but got a really nice sense of space and stage to the sound for closed cups. The bass is fast and deep. A very high quality sound for a bass phone.

Vented 53mm Big boy drivers. For that big boy bass.

These are the earphone versions. CKS1000 Also using dual air chambers. Also very uber in SQ.

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #6,939 of 102,992
Quote:
WS99 New flagship bass headphones from AT.. Sub bass is stronger than the D2000 not as strong as the XB500 I suspect but the sub bass is very comparable to the XB90Ex. I will have to A/B to make sure.   These use some real nice tech in the sound. Double air chambers in the cups give more depth and stage than most closed cans..Not as wide as an open can of course but got a really nice sense of space and stage to the sound for closed cups. The bass is fast and deep. A very high quality sound for a bass phone.

Vented 53mm Big boy drivers. For that big boy bass.

These are the earphone versions. CKS1000 Also using dual air chambers. Also very uber in SQ.

A bass-heavy semi-open? Hmm. Interesting indeed.

How much do they cost?

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #6,940 of 102,992
They retail for $300 but cost around $170 on Amazon Japan. Then there is this.The WS77.

These are the newer more improved WS55 basically. These are on ear version and are getting some solid reviews from the Japanese public. These only cost around a $100. I suspect similar balanced tuning with big sub bass much like the WS99..

The WS99 are actually closed cans but uses a dual air chamber in the cups and vents. Think bass ports. For the big bass. Very excellent sound I am hearing from these cans. I might have to start a new thread on these.

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #6,941 of 102,992
Quote:
They retail for $300 but cost around $170 on Amazon Japan. Then there is this.The WS77.

These are the newer more improved WS55 basically. These are on ear version and are getting some solid reviews from the Japanese public. These only cost around a $100. I suspect similar balanced tuning with big sub bass much like the WS99..

Ahh, in the cups. Got it.

Anyway, the Arcatron salespeople declined my offer for $13. Looks like it'll be $15. Can't say I didn't try.

I'm actually kind of excited for it. If they were daisy-chained like mentioned, they probably came from those record store CD display units where you scan the CD barcode and get to play a few songs through the provided headphones.

You know what else came through those display units? DBI headphones, some of the most underappreciated cans ever (seriously, my PRO 705 was awesome when it was still working, and the PRO 700 is said to be better than the Beyerdynamic DTXX0 series.)

I'm hyped.

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #6,944 of 102,992
Looking for a general improvement over the HA-FX101s but didn't want to shell out £100 on the Yamaha EPH-100s. Are there any circumaural bassy headphones that don't clamp your head/jaw? I really liked my M-Audio Q40s but had to sell them because they clamped my jaw like mad. Comfort is just as important as sound for me.

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #6,945 of 102,992
I remember a few guys getting some velour pads to use on them M-Audio cans for much better comfort. You should ask in the basshead club thread. There are a few guys on that thread that owns the M-audio cans that can provide. You might want to ask this person.

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/6a/100x100px-LS-6a9fe541_175x400px-LM-1e77b5db_rpgwizard4.png[/img]       
  1. RPGWiZaRD
  2. badge_headphoneusSupremus.v1309205259.png

If your looking for a complete replacement a couple that come to mind would be the Denon HP700 or for cheaper try out a JVC HA-M750.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back