The discovery thread!
Nov 22, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #4,981 of 100,296
Nov 22, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #4,984 of 100,296
Quote:
... gay doesn't mean infertile.
just sayin

It doesn't. But the point still stands. And even if he secretly was (highly doubtful), like soundstige said, does it honestly matter?

Can we get back to talking about amazingly performing budget DACs now? I for one enjoyed where the thread was going before.

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #4,985 of 100,296
Quote:
I'm pretty sure, if the DAC works natively with Linux, it will work with Android phones.

I have the SGS3 and DACs work perfectly, even controlling the volume with the phone it self (side volume buttons)

Thx sulkoudai, if it works with s3 then I think it will be ok for note too. Ordering right now before price goes up.. How did you connect to s3? thru mhl adapter or straight from dac to s3 mini usb? With amp or without amp? Is there a big difrence in sound whit this on s3? What headphones/earbudes you use with this combo? So many question 
biggrin.gif
sorry 

*edited:  tnx again for reply below!!

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #4,986 of 100,296
Quote:
Thx sulkoudai, if it works with s3 then I think it will be ok for note too. Ordering right now before price goes up.. How did you connect to s3? thru mhl adapter or straight from dac to s3 mini usb? With amp or without amp? Is there a big difrence in sound whit this on s3? What headphones/earbudes you use with this combo? So many question 
biggrin.gif
sorry 

Through a (literally) $1 OTG cable (micro USB to Full size USB) from eBay.

SGS3 > OTG > USB cable > DAC

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #4,987 of 100,296
Quote:
He's not. He's been married for 6 years. They have a couple of daughters as well.

of course it doesn´t matter. Was just kiddin because the thread went out of its purpose lol

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #4,991 of 100,296
Listening to this Record + Kenwood KD418 Turntable (1978) + S500 + FirePhoenix    = 
L3000.gif
    Sweeet lord jezzuzzz

(yes!!  a Record. its not a cd , its not an mp3,  you "digital boys" should hear records)

+

+

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #4,992 of 100,296
Nice. Rick pulls out some old school madness. I haven't tried that myself but I am gonna have to now. That is a great idea.

Get yourself one of these Ele dacs fellas. I just like the fact that it is so small. It looks like some type of filter for your usb cable. I knew it was gonna be smaller but I had no idea it was the size of 2 quarters side by side. It is the size if a pack of bubble gum.  Even if you guys own nice sounding stuff. I like that i can carry around a little box I can throw on my laptops. I am gonna have to do some experimenting with other devices. Note pads. Galaxy players. It should work on them too for a nice sound upgrade. There are some bare bones versions that cost $10 on ebay but I would pay an extra $8 for a nice aluminum housing.

Also I didn't think about this but I bet this will make movie watching and game playing on the laptops much more enjoyable. As for the Hifimidey Sabre dac. I expect that one to be an upgrade to this Ele dac but that cost more than double but I highly doubt it will be double the sound improvement. These sound too good not to have one. Just to say you own the cheapest most kick ass DAC.. I like it when I am surprised by some random gadget that gives me outstanding performance. Cheap, great sounding, convenient, not to mention very cool bond like device for enthusiasts. Could be a nice conversation starter.

Nov 22, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #4,993 of 100,296
Dsnuts, I've demoed MDR R1 and I like it a lot but XBA 3 I just could not stand it. XBA3 mids and highs felt weird to me. I dont see their signature are similar at all.

Speaking of kpop, here is two my favourite korean singers :

Lyn - Memories

Park Ji Yoon - Faded Memories

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #4,994 of 100,296
Quote:
Nice. Rick pulls out some old school madness. I haven't tried that myself but I am gonna have to now. That is a great idea.

Get yourself one of these Ele dacs fellas. I just like the fact that it is so small. It looks like some type of filter for your usb cable. I knew it was gonna be smaller but I had no idea it was the size of 2 quarters side by side. It is the size if a pack of bubble gum.  Even if you guys own nice sounding stuff. I like that i can carry around a little box I can throw on my laptops. I am gonna have to do some experimenting with other devices. Note pads. Galaxy players. It should work on them too for a nice sound upgrade. There are some bare bones versions that cost $10 on ebay but I would pay an extra $8 for a nice aluminum housing.

Also I didn't think about this but I bet this will make movie watching and game playing on the laptops much more enjoyable. As for the Hifimidey Sabre dac. I expect that one to be an upgrade to this Ele dac but that cost more than double but I highly doubt it will be double the sound improvement. These sound too good not to have one. Just to say you own the cheapest most kick ass DAC.. I like it when I am surprised by some random gadget that gives me outstanding performance. Cheap, great sounding, convenient, not to mention very cool bond like device for enthusiasts. Could be a nice conversation starter.

Man, i am back to records, buying a bunch of records.  The sound from them is outstanding.J
i am subscribed to a turntable forum and learned a lot, just like on head-fi.  i am waiting for a needle/cartidrge i bought from japan. 

You guys should try it, no kidding, fantastic sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back