The discovery thread!
Oct 3, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #30,691 of 101,296

I also bought from that seller, but mine didn't arrive yet. My thinking on this is that maybe the first buyers indeed received the real deals for the sake of the good feedback and whoever came "late to the party" received the fakes. And now to not receive negative feedback in his best account, he is directing people to buy them in a lesser know store owned by them as Ozkan pointed before. They even stopped completely to list all the ATH's from their page. This is pure speculation on my part so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Just maybe...

Yeah, I could definitely see that being the case. The main store for legit stuff, and sub store for non-legit/questionably legit stuff. Who knows...

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #30,692 of 101,296
People....they sound excellent, fakes or not. You are still getting a well built and solid sounding product for the price. If it's that much of an issue, just dispute the crap out of your purchase and get your money back.

Agreed. If you think you got fooled and bought a fake product just send them and get your money back. But I think they are so good to be sent back! I still doubt they are fake though!

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #30,694 of 101,296
I ended up with the Ali version that doesn't match the original. Curious what the final verdict will be on the sound from lalala6 and others. Probably going to keep them because I do like how they sound and the build quality seems good.

Oct 3, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #30,696 of 101,296
I now have about 48 hours of burn on the CKR9LTE I got from eBay.
They are really starting to shine, much more than right out of the box.

Mid bass is forward but very fast and responsive, and has nice fast and extended sub bass to go along with it. Midrange is very transparent, natural and organic. Treble is not overly extended but what's there is nice and in balance with the rest of the spectrum. No harshly pronounced letter S or T.

Is this a fair description of the real deal?

The more I listen to them the more I'm thinking these are the real thing, no BS

Completely agree. I have mine from Ali and they sound incredible.

Oct 3, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #30,697 of 101,296
  30 hours in...

The Alis are indeed are starting to open up and bear some similarities to the CKR9LTD sound. So much so that in fact I can see it coming from the same drivers. Strange though, that the original already sounded that way out of the box, no burn in needed. My guess is that Audio Technica pre-burn their CKR9LTDs at the factory, while the Alis use the same driver but ship without any burn in. Anyway, will continue to burn in and monitor its progress.

In short - while the exterior is not, the sound may be the real deal guys!

P.S.: You can probably take all the impressions about the Ali/Ebay versions so far as true. Won't be writing a sound comparison anymore if it ends up sounding just like the real thing. (I'm no good at describing sound anyway).

Is the bass similar between these two? 

Oct 3, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #30,698 of 101,296
Techne vs CKR9 LTD

Techne has thinner lower midrange. Also grainy muddy and not as clear. CKR9 LTD wins hands down in both vocals and detail. Not even close in seperation, speed and detail. 

Bass is better defined on CKR9 LTD also with more slam and speed. It hits hard and goes down to subbass region. CKR9 LTD is cleaner and faster. Winner: CKR9 LTD

Treble has more presence and extension and bit more detailed on Techne. Winner: Techne 

Oct 3, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #30,699 of 101,296
  My Aliexpress CKR9LTDs came in today! I've been comparing it to the original LTDs for the past few hours... and sad to say, the Ali's are NOT carbon copies of the original. Besides the paint blemishes, I'm noticing a lower quality paint work and an overall less refined look on the Ali's.

Here are the obvious cosmetic differences (original on the left, Aliexpress on the right):

1. The AT logo is bolder on the Ali, and uses a less saturated yellow paint. The gold ring surrounding the logo is much more reflective on the original, and has a deeper gold hue.

2. The 'CKR9LTD' lettering on the Ali seems more etched, and not as straight/linear as on the original. The dimple on the stem of the left earpiece is smaller on the Ali.

3. The rim of the nozzle on the Ali is thicker, and the angle of the nozzle is slightly different.

4. The gold ring on the jack is thicker on the Ali.

Here are more comparison photos from different angles:

Even the leather case they come with are totally different. 

For the price, they made a pretty convincing fake. I certainly would have no way of knowing if I didn't have the original LTDs. The build quality of the Ali ain't bad either.

As for the sound... I need more time for concrete impressions and comparison but what I can say now is... they do not sound the same. Out of the box, the Ali's sound quality is just not on par with the original's. Will post more on this soon, so stay tuned.

Pardon my fingers and the poor camera quality...

@lalala6 do you think mine looks like your original pair?

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #30,702 of 101,296
Hm... Here is my 1st pair of ALI CKR9LTD. Case looks like original?

P.S.

The case certainly looks original. The AT logo on yours looks thicker/bolder than the original though. If the thickness on both shells are different, that is a telltale sign of a counterfeit.

But sound is what really matters, so if you feel that the sound is excellent and matches the description given by others, its probably the real CKR9LTD sound!

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #30,703 of 101,296

cool.gif
On a side note, even though they are a little Bright for my personal Tastes, The BETTE 10mm Continue to destroy every earphone I run across. BUT I have three more new 'phones on the way. Sooner or later I'm gonna like something better.

Twin,

i.VALUX Hybrid 10mm in the house.  Unlike the Amazon photo the rear vent hole is offset to the side.

What tips are you using on the Bette?

r2

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #30,704 of 101,296
I would say they are both slighly Vshape (CKR9 and LTD).  Quick without much burn in (15-20 hours maybe with CRK9 and 2-3 hours with LTD) I would say I prefer LTD.  But you understand it can change a lot.
I listen to a lot of rock, and some folk rock, and they sound awesome with these.  I shuffle my whole ipod classic to test iems and Bruce Springsteen was ... wow.

Correction:  I am not sure about v-shape, sorry for confusion.  They highs are nice smooth and well defined but not higher than the mids.  Dont' think so.  I would agree with hisoundfi on the signature.  He is better than me at it... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back