The discovery thread!
Jul 23, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #2,709 of 100,890
Quote:
That's odd.  The JVC's and AT's have more in the treble spike than the EPH's to my ears.  

I just ordered the Sony MDR-XB90EX (16mm drivers) to see if it will compete with the CKS77's I previously owned.  

I'll be waiting to hear the comparison. CKS77 are my fav atm, Would be unfathomable if something could sound even better.

Jul 23, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #2,710 of 100,890
Quote:

Well there is 2 choices both are upgrades to the FX101. The FX3X. Rare yes and these are the the highest end JVC bass earphones and a direct competitor to the CKS77.  Either way you guys can't go wrong with either the JVC FX3X and or the ATH-CKS77.  If you guy can get the FX3X for cheaper than a boxed pair of the CKS77 I would try them out. IF you guys can get a used pair of CKS77 for cheaper I would try those. 

!!!!  i just got my FX40 and FX101 (and my SHE3580),  and now i got to buy those FX3X·...... why are you doing this DSNUTS!?!?!?  WHYYYYYYY?!?!?!..  STOP IT!

Click BUY IT NOW ... There goes more money out of my wallet!! and i thought this was a cheap Hobbie!!

i am not reading more of this "Discovery" threads!!!  (until... tomorrow)

Jul 23, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #2,711 of 100,890
Lol. You gotta just enjoy what you have. You don't have to get earphones I suggest. It comes down to sound signatures you guys like.  Detail sparkle clean..FX40< FXD70, FXD80.   Bass bass and more bass FX101< CKS77, FX3X.

Merely upgrades from the budget stuff we got here on this thread..

Jul 24, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #2,715 of 100,890
Quote:
so dsnuts whats better fx3x or cks77 .what should i get.as u can tell im a base head uk garage producer.did u say fx3x has harsh treble as i hate bright highs

Both are very easy to listen to the FX3X has some peakiness in the upper registers on open box but smooths out over some aggressive burn in. The CKS77 is an easy earphone to listen to and just enjoy your music.. The CKS77 is similar in sound to what Monster does with their earphones. Big, wide bold full sound..Both are excellent for bassy music in general and are comparable to each other. I would go for the best deal on either one. Which ever one will have the better price.

CKM500 is a great earphone in its own right. too many good earphones. These would be for the guys that want something that does more than just bassy music.. These sound great for every genre actually. These represent the new Audio Technica house sound.. Great detailed highs and lush mids on these make any music sound fantastic.. I would put these as a nice alternative to new JVC earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back