The discovery thread!
Jul 17, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #25,546 of 100,443
Psst... These really do kick some serious buttocks. Everything I was hoping for in the XBA-H3. I don't care that they only have a single dynamic driver it a damn good one... My review is starting to percolate in my head, hopefully I will have something this weekend.

I can't wait to read it!

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #25,547 of 100,443

AT Japan makes a replacement cable (AT-HDC5/1.2), but it's very expensive ($90+) and similar to stock where as you know memory wire could be a PITA to constantly adjust.

Lunashops makes replacement cables: http://www.lunashops.com/search.php?encode=YTo1OntzOjg6ImNhdGVnb3J5IjtzOjE6IjAiO3M6ODoia2V5d29yZHMiO3M6MTA6ImltNTAgY2FibGUiO3M6MToieCI7czoxOiIwIjtzOjE6InkiO3M6MToiMCI7czoxODoic2VhcmNoX2VuY29kZV90aW1lIjtpOjE0MDU1MzM4Mjk7fQ==

But one in particular that stands out, supposed to be high quality silver plated cable: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4257 , similar to HDC5/1.2 in quality.  I ordered that cable over a week ago and waiting to receive it.  Will definitely post my review/impressions in AT-IM thread since I will test it together with my IM03 and IM50.  I have a good feeling it will make sound brighter and a bit more efficient.  That's what other reported about HDC5/1.2 cable, and what I experienced when I got a similar silver-plated FiiO RC-SE1 cable (mmcx connector for UE900, W40, SE215/535 replacement).  Just wait another week or so, I will post my review once I get it.

COULDNT or wouldn't wait, i ordered b\my lunashop upgrade cable this morning!  now for slow wait for delivery from hong kong...to new mexico...

Funny, did the exact same thing...see who gets it first!

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #25,551 of 100,443
I would love to get the large tips.... What's the best way to order if you live in the UK?

Tenso.  http://www.tenso.com/en/guide/buy/address.html#amazonjp

Jul 19, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #25,552 of 100,443
My friend has literally shorted out cables on all of his IEMs. So he's looking for a pair around $100 that has detachable cables. Any suggestions?

If you are handy with an iron and wire strippers, you can make any IEM or can into one with detachable cables.

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #25,553 of 100,443
  COULDNT or wouldn't wait, i ordered b\my lunashop upgrade cable this morning!  now for slow wait for delivery from hong kong...to new mexico...

Got it today ($40 silver plated cable from lunashops for IM03/IM50)!!!  Just took a bunch of pictures and will post a review in the next day or two in IM0x thread :wink:

As an early impression: amazing build quality, snappy connectors with a perfect fit, soft cable shield (no springy effect), cable feels strong, goes over you ears without a need for ear hook guides and stays around your ear thanks to a chin slider, hardly any microphonics effect.  Sound quality - DEFINITE improvement!  But I would consider it more appropriate for IM03 rather than IM50.  With IM03 (using UE900 tips) the sound gets brighter, like a veil lifted off (and IM03 with a stock cable is great to begin with), you hear more definition and details in sound across the entire frequency range.  The change is not just subtle, but actually noticeable.  But improvement with IM50 (using hybrid tips) wasn't as tolerable for my taste because of a very simple reason - overwhelming bass. IM50 has enhanced bass to begin with, but now it's borderline basshead quantity.  You get the same enhanced details but sub-bass became a little too much for me which took away focus from upper mids.  Still well controlled bass without spilling over, but just a bit too overpowering.

Will do more listening and some burn in (from my experience, cable goes through some burn in settling as well), and then will post my final thoughts about it.

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #25,556 of 100,443
Did myself a favor and bought the new Fidelio X2

Should be here, on my desk in this week
bigsmile_face.gif

Also about to buy a HD600.

My wallet didn't feel light this much :)))  I think I am going to burn some cardboard HP and iem boxes to heat myself in the upcoming winter time
redface.gif

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #25,558 of 100,443
Jul 22, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #25,560 of 100,443
Anybody having a habit of checking the polarity of after-market cables?before using them....

I do with a multimeter ever since my first TF10 cable arrived reverse polarity. The eBay cable makers often (with cheap labour) mould the plastic ear hoops the wrong way. So in some cases it wasn't the person who soldered it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back