The discovery thread!
May 24, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #24,827 of 102,885
Well according to the Tenor fan fare the Tenors should be superior on all accounts so your getting your moneys worth and thensome.  Who needs a Hybrid full sized headphone when you have the Tenors.

May 24, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #24,828 of 102,885
  Well according to the Tenor fan fare the Tenors should be superior on all accounts so your getting your moneys worth and thensome.  Who needs a Hybrid full sized headphone when you have the Tenors.

Exactly. I'm sure that the massive sell off of everything I have (iems, headphones, tv's, cars, whatever!) will commence as soon as I get them! 
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #24,829 of 102,885
  amazon.jpn will hit you at about $560 USD, then another $40 to ship it via Tenso. Join the party guys!

Story of my life, bought them last week from Price Japan for $625, thought I was getting a great deal then. 

They were higher priced on Amazon Japan at the time.

Oh, and the true best earphone bargain for the money right now is the Dita. Yes it's expensive, but not as much as the other earphones in its sonic league.
Sorry guys, it blows everything else out of the water...
wink_face.gif

May 24, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #24,830 of 102,885
  And if I didn't recently get the uber-expensive Tenores, I would have bought one lol. What's a Zero Audio fan to do? But damnit, I want to hear those PH VI's someday as well! Dammit!!! 
smile.gif

waynes world, my friend, you are spending way too much money sir! You need to become more fiscally responsible like Dsnuts, DannyBai, and myself! I'm just saying ....lol

beerchug.gif

May 24, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #24,831 of 102,885

Here here!

May 24, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #24,832 of 102,885

Story of my life, bought them last week from Price Japan for $625, thought I was getting a great deal then. 

Oh, and the true best earphone bargain for the money right now is the Dita. Yes it's expensive, but not as much as the other earphones in its sonic league.
wink_face.gif

One day Carlsan, but for right now I'll live through you. More impressions on the Dita sound when you get a chance, please?

May 24, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #24,833 of 102,885

waynes world, my friend, you are spending way too much money sir! You need to become more fiscally responsible like Dsnuts, DannyBai, and myself! I'm just saying ....lol
beerchug.gif

I long for the day my friend!

May 24, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #24,834 of 102,885

Sorry guys, it blows everything else out of the water... :wink_face:

So you got them. Congrats. Truth or answer? Glad to hear they stack up.

May 24, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #24,835 of 102,885
You already got Soundfreaq's pair Carl? That was fast. I think they're a great bargain. Relatively I guess. SQ that's about on a par with the K3003 at half the price

May 24, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #24,836 of 102,885

wink_face.gif

Carlsan, you need to go ahead and order these earpads before your Hpe VI arrives (mainly for comfort, but also extends the bass a little bit more without effecting the rest of the sound). I have had no uncomfort issues with these pads. And they're really easy to put on the Hope VI (FAD actually has an instructional videos on its website on how to take off the old pads and put on new ones). Happy listening.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HBSNUO2/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

May 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #24,837 of 102,885
Haven't gotten along well with Tenso, have used other services at times to order from Japan, but don't see it available that way. It garbles my passwords and other entries, have had troublein tha past.
OK some Dogwalk Discoveries

First, heard this for the first time in years, played it over and over and over when I first head it. Was called "funk-jazz" at the time, but that was before funk became what it did in the 70's...(Dexter Gordon and Herbie play fabulous solos. Freddie Hubbard's is also great, tinge of sadness noted on Youtube comments, and, I hear what they[re talking about...)

Next, heard That Dog, one of my favorite singers, Petra Haden...you'll either love or hate this, the mix of metal, dissonance, show music is outrageous!!

And again something different, love that shuffle...

nuff for now

May 24, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #24,838 of 102,885
You already got Soundfreaq's pair Carl? That was fast. I think they're a great bargain. Relatively I guess. SQ that's about on a par with the K3003 at half the price

Got them today, listened a couple of hours, I'm quite impressed.
They are the "answer", initial impressions are that yes, they do sound quite like the K3003, or more like the K3003 meets the 1plus2, with a bit of the low end of the 334, when called for.  At half the price of all of them.  

From what I have read, the Truth is even closer to the K3003 as it has that ultra revealing tremble, because of the better cable.
  Carlsan, you need to go ahead and order these earpads before your Hpe VI arrives (mainly for comfort, but also extends the bass a little bit more without effecting the rest of the sound). I have had no uncomfort issues with these pads. And they're really easy to put on the Hope VI (FAD actually has an instructional videos on its website on how to take off the old pads and put on new ones). Happy listening.

Ericp, I'm on it. Thanks for the advice.
Cheers.

May 24, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #24,839 of 102,885

Got them today, listened a couple of hours, I'm quite impressed.
They are the "answer", initial impressions are that yes, they do sound quite like the K3003, or more like the K3003 meets the 1plus2, with a bit of the low end of the 334, when called for.  At half the price of all of them.  

From what I have read, the Truth is even closer to the K3003 as it has that ultra revealing tremble, because of the better cable.
Ericp, I'm on it. Thanks for the advice.
Cheers.

Very curious about that myself. Gonna meet up with Cn11 in the comin days to verify as he ordered the Truth after hearing my Answer. Soundfreaq put in an order for the Truth as well, but he'll have to rely upon auditory memory for his evaluation, which, I find to be really spotty and mostly unreliable. I certainly hope that's true though. The treble is really the only thing holding it back IMO, it's kinda annoying to listen to with stuff like the K3K and FX850 at my disposal. I'd definitely shell out some more if the Truth rectifies that. 

May 24, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #24,840 of 102,885
I found to the Answer to be brighter and thinner than the K3003; if the Truth is brighter than the Answer, then I'd say its closer to 1+2 territory., at least in treble. Surprisingly, my UERM is less bright than both the Answer and K3003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back