The discovery thread!
Mar 10, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #22,981 of 103,410
Titanfall... Meh. Tried the beta, the wall-running/parkour stuff is fun, but the Fps aspect wasn't too spectacular. I do like the powercards though lol.

I'm more excited for Dark Souls II and Watch Dogs coming in the next month or so.

+1 I'm such a big fan that I've pre-ordered both the ps3 Black Armour Edition and the pc version. 

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #22,982 of 103,410
+1 I'm such a big fan that I've pre-ordered both the ps3 Black Armour Edition and the pc version. 

I love that they removed the invulnerability while rolling/interacting. Also, reactive monsters which are non-aggressive until you provoke them. Nice touches

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #22,983 of 103,410
I do want to steer a bit back on topic... while talking about gaming as well.

I been playing BF4 with my H3 the past few days, while watching a few movies as well (Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Thor: The Dark World, Gravity). The H3 performed EXCEPTIONALLY well.

Finally, and IEM with a spacious enough soundstage to enjoy some gaming and movies.

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #22,984 of 103,410
I love that they removed the invulnerability while rolling/interacting. Also, reactive monsters which are non-aggressive until you provoke them. Nice touches

Yeah, a lot of the stuff they changed from the first Dark Souls is welcome like the interruptible actions but not unfair coz you can stop them on your own to avoid taking hits. I personally like that they returned to the death penalties like in Demon's Souls coz Dark Souls was easier due to that. Also it's a great idea to be invaded also as hollow coz a lot of people had it a lot easier with Dark Souls - no penalty for being a hollow and not being invaded. Overall it sees that they've actually made the best Souls game to date at least from gameplay standpoint. Also I'm dying to try a dual wield build. 

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #22,985 of 103,410
Okay, I just have to say this. If you're thinking about spending between $100 to $200 for a pair of earphones, you can't go wrong with either the TE-05, Doppio, M200, IM70 or DN-1000. Search and you will find my various thoughts on each. I will not compare here because really each one I listed has its own unique signature, but all perform way beyond their price points I believe. And it's interesting how the BAs are sounding more dynamic, and the dynamics have the speed like A BA or hybrid. I would have included the Haven V, but unless you really search it's will be a bit higher than $200. I sold my DN-1000 but I still think about its signature. The Doppio, IM70, and TE--05 are really amazing to me. I'm sure they'll still get a lot of time regardless of the great things i'm expecting from the FX850. Right now the TE---05 is doing it for me. 

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #22,986 of 103,410
Hi guys/gals

Out of the following which would you guys say is best for Trance music? Prefer a more fun sound with fast bass.

RHA 750s
Yamaha EPH100
Audio Technica CKX9
Monster Gratitudes
Nu Force 700

or others?

Thanks

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #22,987 of 103,410
Okay, I just have to say this. If you're thinking about spending between $100 to $200 for a pair of earphones, you can't go wrong with either the TE-05, Doppio, M200, IM70 or DN-1000. Search and you will find my various thoughts on each. I will not compare here because really each one I listed has its own unique signature, but all perform way beyond their price points I believe. And it's interesting how the BAs are sounding more dynamic, and the dynamics have the speed like A BA or hybrid. I would have included the Haven V, but unless you really search it's will be a bit higher than $200. I sold my DN-1000 but I still think about its signature. The Doppio, IM70, and TE--05 are really amazing to me. I'm sure they'll still get a lot of time regardless of the great things i'm expecting from the FX850. Right now the TE---05 is doing it for me. 

Great list ericp! I would also recommend the R3 in that list for people who prefer a more neutral presentation.

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #22,989 of 103,410
Nice, looking forward to theTE-05. have them on pre-order from B&H, don't know when I'll get them but they sound like they're fine iems. Really do like the DUNU 1K's, though not gotten much listening for a while with the deluge of phones ("it's raining Headphones, Hallelujah!!")

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #22,991 of 103,410
Nice, looking forward to theTE-05. have them on pre-order from B&H, don't know when I'll get them but they sound like they're fine iems. Really do like the DUNU 1K's, though not gotten much listening for a while with the deluge of phones ("it's raining Headphones, Hallelujah!!")
I will check out doppios and fostex eventually...spent too much lately on fx850, ps4, astro mixamp+vmoda boom mic+fidelio x1 (gaming setup), and have fiio x5 pre order, so I gotta slow down for few

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #22,995 of 103,410

Price drop!!!

Wait wait wait.... WHAT!? The price just dropped $50. .... Why? 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back