The discovery thread!
Feb 10, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #21,631 of 102,948
:p Sounds like every IEM I currently own. Now I'm really wondering how they're going to fare after a little more time with them. If they're just on the Piston level I think I'll pass, but if they're a step above them I think I might spend some of the amazon money I get on my b-day (March 14th) on them.
Dats how I like them; deeply inserted into my skull.

It's a bad thing though. I just spent 5 minutes trying to dig out some memory foam out of my ear because they came off the driver inside my ear. Not good. lol

The nozzle is so small that almost none of my tips fit. Triple flanges are boomy on them. If you don't like the Piston bass, you might not like these. They share a lot of similarities.

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #21,632 of 102,948
It's a bad thing though. I just spent 5 minutes trying to dig out some memory foam out of my ear because they came off the driver inside my ear. Not good. lol

Yeah, I've never had luck with memory foam. I remember spending an hour searching for the tweezers to pull the Vsonic memory foam out of my ear after it came off the VSD1. The only headphones, from memory, that I have been able to use foam tips with--without resorting to tweezers--are the Monster Copper's & Gratitude. Otherwise my ears just seem to ultra seal around the foam making it "tweezer time". I've had memory foam stuck in my ears about fourteen times. I've invested in a good pair of tweezers.

The nozzle is so small that almost none of my tips fit. Triple flanges are boomy on them. If you don't like the Piston bass, you might not like these. They share a lot of similarities.

HA! After hearing the bass that is the Om Audio IEP. I don't think there are going to be many boomy IEM that will surprise me. Example: The IEP make the CKS-77X (mid-bass) & FX1X (I don't own the 3X) sound like a dainty school girls in comparison.

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #21,633 of 102,948
DannyBai I hope mine were on that plane too. When you have time, inbox me on that H3 cable and cost. Thank you sir.

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #21,634 of 102,948
^
size]

Hurry OH GREAT KOOKY ONE!!! :)

But no pressure oh great one lol!

Yeah, I've never had luck with memory foam. I remember spending an hour searching for the tweezers to pull the Vsonic memory foam out of my ear after it came off the VSD1. The only headphones, from memory, that I have been able to use foam tips with--without resorting to tweezers--are the Monster Copper's & Gratitude. Otherwise my ears just seem to ultra seal around the foam making it "tweezer time". I've had memory foam stuck in my ears about fourteen times. I've invested in a good pair of tweezers.

Not a problem with the comply tsx500's on the M200's, that's for sure. The M200's nozzle is so huge, I'm afraid of even trying to get the tips off again for fear of them splitting!

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #21,635 of 102,948
Heard some amazing sounds last night...went to a friend, audiophile (I started him off, he took it and ran with it, wow), he does some recording/sound on the sound and has some contacts. He had a concert in his living room, The Autumn Defense (2 members of Wilco in a spin off), they were great (didn't know much of their music, Americana would be the genre), fabulous having a concert by professionals in such a great setting). Before the concert, went down to the dedicated listening room...Conrad Johnson amp/preamp, Gallo speakers, ACOUSTIC ROOM TREATMENT, for God's sake, and another friend brought a rebuilt Reel to Reel machine, high end electronics inside, and, through some contact or other, early generation Reel to Reel tapes of The Beatles' Seargent Pepper and Abby Road. I sat there with the band listening (discussing record cleaning machines, for God's sake), and hearing the most incredible recorded sound I've heard in ages. Talk about palpable/imaging/edges of instruments doesn't come close...wanna ditch all this play stuff I've accumulated. Jeez...and I don't have a bad main stereo.
(had a great time, dead exhausted now...)

And Wilco...
(tellin' you, Nels Cline is a guitar god...)

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #21,636 of 102,948
Got the FAD V aging in the house. Been listening to them non stop all day..Very nice sound coming out of these in ears..I am completely surprised how fully smooth and lush the sound is. This is coming from a single BA? Just astounding..I simply can't believe how this large and in charge sound is coming out of one BA..Danny mentioned how these sound like there are multi BAs. They do in deed..

Vocals out of these are wicked..Never heard a single BA sound quite like these. I think guys willing to throw down the cash for these in ears are in for a nice surprise.These are tuned extremely well and are voiced in a forward and full manor that don't skimp on any of the detail goodness of BAs but sound like a fully realized dynamics in sound.. They exhibit the imagery and speed of BAs with the lushness and fullness of dynamics..A bit of fairy dust and magic?.

Tuning magic and good old fashion know how perhaps. Whatever it is they did with these in ears. I am very impressed. A very engaging sound coming out of these.

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #21,640 of 102,948
The V's can be had for around $200 if you look.  The Aging is a bit more expensive.  I have the VI now but don't have the V to compare it with side by side but the upgrade in sound can't be that much.  At least not enough to warrant upgrading.  IMO.  

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #21,641 of 102,948
  After some fostex vs heaven comparisons are made, I'll make my decision.

I'm interested in those comparisons as well.

The V's can be had for around $200 if you look.  The Aging is a bit more expensive.  I have the VI now but don't have the V to compare it with side by side but the upgrade in sound can't be that much.  At least not enough to warrant upgrading.  IMO.  

It would be great to hear a direct comparison between the V and VI if you get the chance.

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #21,644 of 102,948
For the people that ordered the fostex, will you guys receive the iems this week? If not, I might as well pull the trigger. I only find the heaven V for $240 so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back