The discovery thread!
Jun 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #2,146 of 100,709
Quote:
is burning the fx101 using bassdrive's iphone app at max volume efficient enough?

Basic rule of thumb for me on music burning. I have them in my ears at first and then turn up the volume until they are fairly loud to my ears. I take them out and then turn it up just bit more. Half a notch if you will. This should do it. Just plain blasting on max for hours and hours might damage drivers.  Using this method if the Max volume on players represents a 10. Normally we are talking about a 7 to 8 out of 10. Not too scientific yes but this gets me results every time and so far no damage. knock on wood!

Jun 8, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #2,147 of 100,709
Hey DS me again (lol) unfortunately I stepped on my 77's :frowning2:  and now I need a new IEM.  Was wondering, aside from the problems in the upper regions, how do the f3x's compare to my beloved 77's?  Is the sound as big? Does the bass hit you like on the 77's, Does the bass rumble? so on and so forth... thanks   :) 

Jun 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #2,148 of 100,709
YAY just looked at them closely and saw that they aren't broke, they just came.. undone???  They just came out of the groove, so all I had to do was twist till the parts matched and it snapped right back in like new, didn't even need glue :)
So I can keep my money a bit longer, but still would be nice to know how the fx3x's sound so I can get a pair to use when i'm on the pc. It's a pain to go get my headphones from my phone everytime I want to hear something on my PC lol.

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #2,149 of 100,709
The FX3X has a slight V shape sound vs the more fuller mid section of the CKS77. The highs are actually better on the CKS77 as well. Staging and depth is similar to the CKS77 but not as wide or as deep sounding. Both have a very similar musical sound signature. 

The FX3X does have an overall cleaner sound over the CKS77 but also has some peaky upper mids which depending on how tolerant you are to peaky sounds people will either love the FX3X or not care for them. Bass levels are very similar between the two. Again getting a FX3X if you own a CKS77 is more of a side grade than and actual upgrade. I noticed when A/Bing against both.

The CKS77 the highs and mids fit more better with the big bass vs the highs and mids that are on the FX3X which are not as balanced out with the big bass. The highs are not as extended as they are on the CKS77 nore are the mids as full as what is on the CKS77.  But overall sound signature on both are very similar. Big bold sound on both. One being not as clean sounding  which  is the CKS77 and one with a peaky upper mids which isn't terrible but is there in the FX3X.

To be honest you might as well save your cash and snap up a FX101. While they are not as big a bass sounding earphones as these they have a great sound for the price and does bass right. But if you want JVCs version of the CKS earphones the FX3X is the only one that comes close to the CKS77.

Jun 8, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #2,150 of 100,709
I've been listening to my JH5s while in the noisy data center today, and it's given me a bit of a reset.

Going back to the FX101, i can hear the sharper treble and sibilance that's noted, but primarily in that one John Mayer track. For whatever reason i've got quite a few pairs of headphones at work with me today, and going from my JH5s to FX101s, i can hear the sibilant "sss" in the lyrics. going to the TF10s, there's hardly any (as with the JH5s).

Going from the JH5s to the FX40s with ~25 hrs bassdrive + 100hrs pink noise was not such a good idea. The clarity of the Fx40s make my JH5s seem a little cloudy in the mids, but the pain! I really like this album but it just seems poorly mastered. Makes for a good sibilance test though.

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #2,151 of 100,709
dnullify, glad to hear that I'm not crazy when I'm talking about sibilance on the FX101s :)

This thread is making me want to get my custom shelled TF10s fixed. I miss those things and would like to hear what they sound like now that I've had so much ear time with all of these dynamic driver IEMs.

The FX40s have been continually improving with burn. Another 20 hours on them and the clarity seems better than ever. They're also starting to get a wider soundstage and some airiness I wasn't hearing before.

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #2,152 of 100,709
Just took a last listen before using them full-time and they have really calmed down with no more piercing highs like I heard before. That said though, they are very uncomfortable to me (I believe my original words were 'that they are raping my ears'. >_<). I have come up with a way to improve the comfort though:

\_/   \_________\

Black = JVC Stock Tip
Orange = Sony Hybrid Tip

Cutting the cone of the stock tips off and gluing them to the end of the stem of a Sony Hybrid should allow me to experience most if not all of the excellent sound this IEM has to offer without them 'raping my ears'. It's either I do this or I'll be forced to return them.
frown.gif

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #2,153 of 100,709
Quote:
Just took a last listen before using them full-time and they have really calmed down with no more piercing highs like I heard before. That said though, they are very uncomfortable to me (I believe my original words were 'that they are raping my ears'. >_<). I have come up with a way to improve the comfort though:

\_/   \_________\

Black = JVC Stock Tip
Orange = Sony Hybrid Tip

Cutting the cone of the stock tips off and gluing them to the end of the stem of a Sony Hybrid should allow me to experience most if not all of the excellent sound this IEM has to offer without them 'raping my ears'. It's either I do this or I'll be forced to return them.
frown.gif

I am wondering have you tried double or triple flange tips? Maybe Meelec tips? Sorry to hear your having issues with fit that sucks..I remember many a guys having issues with the MP8320 as well as those driver housing is so big. These happen to have a bigger nozzle.

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #2,154 of 100,709
Quote:

I am wondering have you tried double or triple flange tips? Maybe Meelec tips? Sorry to hear your having issues with fit that sucks..I remember many a guys having issues with the MP8320 as well as those driver housing is so big. These happen to have a bigger nozzle.

Thanks for suggesting those tips. Unfortunately, I have none of those type in my collection. If I can find a set for cheap, then I'll try getting those, athough hacking my own tips seems pretty fun.

Jun 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #2,155 of 100,709
Hope that works out for you.

So a little update. Ebay had this little item in stock. Confirmed ordered came out to $123. Not bad. Aha I am freaking out fellas.

I think I just got these for free?? Wut? Ok so I ordered and payed through pay pal. I get a email from seller saying I won the FXD80s for free??? hugh?? I don't get it. Then I check my pay pal account and lo n be hold no $123 transaction?

Congratulations! You have won:
JVC HA-FXD80-Z Earphone Dynamic Closed Canal Hafxd80z Headphones New Free 251080921132​
Be sure to check out my complete list of items for sale in my store.
VIEW OUR STORE SEARCH EBAY

You might also be interested in:

1. Audio Technica ATH-A900X Audiophile Headphones Art Dynamic Free Japan New EMS 251058492827
  2. SONY MDR-MA900 Headphones Black Stereo High Quality ipod New 251062872861
  3. Sony XBA-4SL Quad Balanced Armature Headphones Inner Earphones Closed Ems New 261030865347
QUANTITY: 1
ITEM ENDED: 7/8/2012 2:54:03 AM PDT

This is a courtesy email to let you know that we appreciate your business. If you have not already, please visit your eBay account to complete this transaction. If you have any questions, feel free to write us at fx00@kittokanaeru.biz.
Thank you for your purchase!
Sincerely,
sakurahijiri

This kinda stuff don't happen to me. Sounds like a scam. Has to be.

Jun 8, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #2,156 of 100,709
I got the same message when I ordered mine.  I bought from the same seller as well.  My paypal did take out the money though.  
frown.gif

Hope they get shipped out this next week.  I did EMS since it was a reasonable price.  

Jun 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #2,157 of 100,709
@Dsnuts
Could be. When in doubt, ask for a tracking number, wait and see or both.
popcorn.gif

You are damn lucky should that turn out to be the real thing.

Jun 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #2,159 of 100,709
Ya so this is dumb they have there ebay page posted like this..

JVC HA-FXD80-Z Earphone Dynamic Closed Canal Hafxd80z Headphones New Free

Once you pull the trigger you get that page I posted earlier. The word FREE and you won and you get the idea that I was something special in ordering today because we all know guys that order from ebay end up getting hot new earphones for free..

Jun 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #2,160 of 100,709
Quote:
Ya so this is dumb they have there ebay page posted like this..

JVC HA-FXD80-Z Earphone Dynamic Closed Canal Hafxd80z Headphones New Free

Once you pull the trigger you get that page I posted earlier. The word FREE and you won and you get the idea that I was something special in ordering today because we all know guys that order from ebay end up getting hot new earphones for free..

Good luck with that buddy.. I hope you get them for free!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back