The discovery thread!
Feb 3, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #21,061 of 102,891
Yeah, I can see myself saving a lot of money with you jokers around!
beerchug.gif

Feb 3, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #21,062 of 102,891
Discovery Alert

Apparently there are a pair of unknown headphones being sold in a two pack, here is the link and the name

Nady QH560 Deluxe Studio Headphones 

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/?icid=200510

DV016_Jpg_Large_245604.jpg

P.s. Thanks to Deal Discussion thread

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #21,063 of 102,891
Seriously, the only thing holding me back is waiting for my modded T50RP's to get onto my head. Once on my head, I will probably be immune to you jokers lol! I just gotta hold out...

BUT if I were to be buying headphones, I'd be interested in all of these ones, and it would take a while to figure out which one it would be:

AKG K545's: dweaver approved. And I think Dsnuts approved. Great price. Look great. Seems like they sound great. I love my K240's, so I have faith in AKG.

RE700's: vlenbo approved! Great price. Seems like they sound great.

Mikros 90's: jury's still out. Great price now. According to some (yes, I include you in this mochill), they are the best thing since sliced bread. Enough bass though? Too much clamping? Awaiting more impressions from vlenbo, and also from Sf.

NAD HP50's: approved by many including Tyll. A bit pricey. Headband slightly goofy. But SQ is supposed to be top notch.

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #21,064 of 102,891
  Seriously, the only thing holding me back is waiting for my modded T50RP's to get onto my head. Once on my head, I will probably be immune to you jokers lol! I just gotta hold out...

BUT if I were to be buying headphones, I'd be interested in all of these ones, and it would take a while to figure out which one it would be:

AKG K545's: dweaver approved. And I think Dsnuts approved. Great price. Look great. Seems like they sound great. I love my K240's, so I have faith in AKG.

Mikros 90's: jury's still out. Great price now. According to some (yes, I include you in this mochill), they are the best thing since sliced bread. Enough bass though? Too much clamping? Awaiting more impressions from vlenbo, and also from Sf.

NAD HP50's: approved by many including Tyll. A bit pricey. Headband slightly goofy. But SQ is supposed to be top notch.

Hopefully I'll be getting a pair K545's soon... 
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #21,066 of 102,891

The clamp force of the mikros is still harsh for me, at least for my head. My ears are feeling comfy though, but the comfort does disappear in a few hours. I'd say I can handle one or two more hours with the martin logans. Then again, my ears haven't rested from the pain I felt when using the es700s, so...I need some time. :/

The bass is anemic, but it is enough I believe. after A/Bing again, the re700s have a bit more bass than the martin logans. I think it's because it's a bit bolder than the martins that it sounds that way.

The good thing is, these choices won't have you regretting your purchase decision.

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #21,067 of 102,891
Okay, my fifty hours of burn-in are over and I'll be giving the TH-7BB another listen, but I have a question for you gents. I'm looking for pads with a bit more cushion on them. The measurements of the TH-7BB's pads are something like 2½" wide, 3½" long [6.35cm wide, 8.80cm long]. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might fit these suckers? I don't think the HPAEC840 could as their more oval, but maybe the HPAEC750?

Also, again, does anyone know of anywhere else besides BTG that does a detachable cable mod? They have a 3 week turn-around.

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #21,068 of 102,891
Leaving the mikros90 over a box and or books over night fixed the clamp problem:sunglasses: get them now DO IT!!!!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lol mochill! I seriously would consider it if I could get them for $90 shipped like some people I know got them for 
mad.gif
  But they would cost me something like $150 CN shipped. It not an exorbitant amount and I'm sure they are worth more. And I like how they would most likely offer up a different sound signature for me (ie bass-less, thin, anemic etc... just joking lol!). But it's still enough to keep me chewing on it - I think I'd rather spend that on the FAD V's tbh

If I sold some of my stuff, then I could justify trying out some of these new toys. Problem is I like everything I have (and also selling from Canada is a bit of a pain in the butt). First world problems!

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #21,069 of 102,891

Lol mochill! I seriously would consider it if I could get them for $90 shipped like some people I know got them for 
mad.gif
  But they would cost me something like $150 CN shipped. It not an exorbitant amount and I'm sure they are worth more. And I like how they would most likely offer up a different sound signature for me (ie bass-less, thin, anemic etc... just joking lol!). But it's still enough to keep me chewing on it - I think I'd rather spend that on the FAD V's tbh

If I sold some of my stuff, then I could justify trying out some of these new toys. Problem is I like everything I have (and also selling from Canada is a bit of a pain in the butt). First world problems!

I'm sorry for picking on you...

How much would it cost you to purchase the RE700s?

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #21,070 of 102,891
Hey wayne, you don't need the NADs if you've got the KEF M500s, do you?

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #21,072 of 102,891

I don't think I need anything since I have the M500s! But my mistake is hanging around this damned forum which gets me thinking I need stuff that I have no need for at all lol 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Sell kef500 and fedilio x1 and buy the mikros90 now!!!!!:smiling_imp: and the te05 and the heaven V:smile:

Nope, that'll never happen. Love the M500's. Have you tried them? I might like the 90's as an alternative, but I really love the bass and mids of the M500's (and they are very comfortable for on ears) and I really do doubt that I would like the 90's more. So, I would definitely have to try out the 90's first before considering selling the M500's. And as far as the X1's are concerned - love'em - they ain't going nowhere.

I might consider selling the WS99's, but every time I put them on I love them too. Dammit! :)

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #21,073 of 102,891
  I'm sorry for picking on you...

How much would it cost you to purchase the RE700s?

I expect nothing less from you vlenbo! 

Amazon japan has them for 12,999 yen, which is $143CN. Plus $40 tenso shipping = $183CN. Not a bad price, but I would have to then seriously also consider the AKG 545's. Have you heard them?

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #21,074 of 102,891

I expect nothing less from you vlenbo! 

Amazon japan has them for 12,999 yen, which is $143CN. Plus $40 tenso shipping = $183CN. Not a bad price, but I would have to then seriously also consider the AKG 545's. Have you heard them?

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOACS-27962

I'm guessing it's the same thing here? it says it's $170 with EMS.

I didn't unfortunately, those might be my next headphone, but people say that it's like a vsonic GR07BE, so I might not. I think I will though.

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #21,075 of 102,891

I don't think I need anything since I have the M500s! But my mistake is hanging around this damned forum which gets me thinking I need stuff that I have no need for at all lol :rolleyes:
Sell kef500 and fedilio x1 and buy the mikros90 now!!!!!:smiling_imp: and the te05 and the heaven V:smile:

Nope, that'll never happen. Love the M500's. Have you tried them? I might like the 90's as an alternative, but I really love the bass and mids of the M500's (and they are very comfortable for on ears) and I really do doubt that I would like the 90's more. So, I would definitely have to try out the 90's first before considering selling the M500's. And as far as the X1's are concerned - love'em - they ain't going nowhere.

I might consider selling the WS99's, but every time I put them on I love them too. Dammit! :)
Before I chose the NADs, I went into a shop and tried out the M500s, P7, Momentums and the similar Onkyo model, who's model number escapes me. Surprisingly, I preferred the Momentums best then the P7s then the KEFs. I was expecting that list to be exactly the other way round. The Onkyos were just too bright in comparison to the others. Note that I only played them from my Sansa Clip+, but it was lossless files and good recordings.

They didn't have the NADs in stock, which were the ones I really had my heart set on. Anyway, I decided not to go with any of those and ordered the NADs without trying them out. I'm glad I did :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back