The discovery thread!
Jan 24, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #20,357 of 100,302
Dsnuts made the front page!
Congrats buddy.

The Tokyo headphone festival thread on the front page mentions the Zero Audio earphones too.

Congrats DS, glad to see you in the front page as well.

I hope more people buy them.
  Very nice vlenbo.  

Thank you kindly, Danny.

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #20,359 of 100,302
bhazard and eric, are you guys any closer to getting your astrotecs yet? still waffling on them and was hoping to hear some impressions soon.
Should have both early next week.

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #20,360 of 100,302

Thanks BenF. Have read the thread but looking for comparison here as I have few of the discovery. Would be good to hear the comparison to relate it to something I have experience with.

The 3 people, soon to be 4 people that have them all hang out in this thread lol.

Sure thing vwinter, looks forward to more impression.

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #20,362 of 100,302
Which comparisons Leo?

Hi Danny, was trying to keep the post short thus didn't mention any iems that I own. Thru this thread, I ended up with the Basso, CKN70, S2, R3 (free with my DX50 purchase), Delta and MA750. There are couple more but that was before I discover this great thread. Would really appreciate some comparison with the iems I own so that I could have a reference point to relate to and get a better picture of how the Heaven V sound.

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #20,363 of 100,302
On that note... how do the Tenore compare with the IM70 (if anyone owns them both)? I'm looking more at the mid & treble comparison as I know the IM70's bass is probably better just from reviews.

Anyone?

I've got the IM70 on order, hopefully come sometime next week. I have the Tenores, though I have to pry them away from my 15 year old daughter (her Meelectronic A-151s gave up the ghost)...so, I may be able to listen to both when the AT arrives.

Cable note...those who don't believe cables make a difference...I have Senn 650's, always thought they were a bit polite, the Senn "haze" that is described. Ordered a nice silver cable for them as a replacement, came today. Haven't had a chance to listen much, but my quick, 1st impression is WOW!!! Sounds like a whole new animal! Not polite or reticent in any way. I may look into better cables still (it seemed nuts to spend almost as much on replacement cables as the original headphones cost, but I'm beginning to see that it may make sense).
I know, I'll be hearing from the snake oil crowd, but that's how I hear it (preliminary, of course)
Just sayin'...

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #20,364 of 100,302
Hi Danny, was trying to keep the post short thus didn't mention any iems that I own. Thru this thread, I ended up with the Basso, CKN70, S2, R3 (free with my DX50 purchase), Delta and MA750. There are couple more but that was before I discover this great thread. Would really appreciate some comparison with the iems I own so that I could have a reference point to relate to and get a better picture of how the Heaven V sound.

Ok. I have listened to all those and still own the S2 and MA750 so I'll listen to these and the V through the DX50 and report back this weekend. I can tell you right off that I think the V is hard to beat but will try and explain the sound differences.

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #20,365 of 100,302
Excellent writeup vlenbo! Thanks!

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #20,366 of 100,302
I'm at least one of the ones mentioning the Heaven V's, and posting silly music to boot. Also on order, also to come soon, probably next week (the postman is starting to look at me funny). Don't know when I'll have the time to compare all these (not sure when I'll have the time to LISTEN to all these, much less write them up), but I'll try to get in at least some brief impressions.
I had stopped, but you asked for it!!!!!

BTW-Nice write ups, DS, and Vienbo, loved the Edwin Hawkins Singers, great track, just got to my computer, doing my catch up thing (just got my wifi back yesterday, thank goodness)

Jan 25, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #20,367 of 100,302
Ok. I have listened to all those and still own the S2 and MA750 so I'll listen to these and the V through the DX50 and report back this weekend. I can tell you right off that I think the V is hard to beat but will try and explain the sound differences.

Thanks a lot Danny, that will be great. Looking forward to it.

Hi doctor, will also be looking forward to your thoughts and impression.Thanls you in advance.

Jan 25, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #20,368 of 100,302
Excellent writeup vlenbo! Thanks!

Thanks wayne, and you are welcome!.

EDIT: Looks like it was a placebo effect.

The highs are about the same as the es700s to be honest, it's just that these are smoother, more detailed and clearer in the whole sound spectrum. Giving me the illusion of less treble. The es700 sounded as though it was slightly veiled (Imagine being submerged in water and then coming out of the pool. There's a difference in sound), it's the same thing almost, just that it was pretty detailed regardless. This one is smoother and cleaner, and I like it! 
L3000.gif

You know, I think these are starting to become my favorites now. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 I regret switching the pads, as it didn't need them changed. (I didn't change the pads again, just stating that I did earlier. I might buy another one, but I think I'm fine.)

I blame the J-Pop collection I have. They don't have strong treble quantity that I crave. Good thing I have spotify, those American/British songs like Arctic Monkeys, Led Zeppelin, Yes, The Killers, and Michael Jackson will be enough.

Oh, and the way I figured out the placebo effect was continuously playing the same two seconds on the "Crying Lightning" Track by Arctic Monkeys. The re700 sounded like it had a bit more. Welp, since the mids and lows are more controlled than the es700s (though it has more bass than it), I would say that this IS a balanced headphone. All you need to worry about is recording quality, but other than that, this headphone is pretty good and can compete with headphones that cost $220. MIGHT compete with $250, but I am sure it would be safe at $220.

Jan 25, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #20,369 of 100,302
Forgot to mention, the re700's mids sound warmer than the es700's. The 700's sound drier, murkier, the re700's sound airier as I mentioned, warmer, and the bass, I was correct. It does have better texture and such, but it also has better impact and rumble. This re700 is a match for me, and hopefully to others here who are curious. Cheers fellas, this year is starting out pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back