The discovery thread!
Jan 24, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #20,311 of 100,296
  I feel as though audio technica, zero audio, and kef should work together, but that would be pretty bad. Maybe a collaboration on one headphone, but it's highly unlikely. Thank you for sharing your input drblue!

Can't wait for your carbo singolo! I don't know why, but I have a feeling that they'll have the same amount of bass as the doppios.

Please make the comparison when you can, take your time! :) we'll be waiting for which ZA phone would be the best tuned for a human's preference.

I have the kef 200s and might throw those in the comparison for fun.  i don't have any of the new ath or sony designs, and throwing in my
favorites like the mdr 7550s or ath  1ks would seem off the point of these comparisons.  i will wait for someone else to do the ath  and sony comparisons.
meanwhile BX510 singilos shipped from japan today expedited shipping and hope to have them here mid week to burn in.  i love your  request for
"which phones tuned best for a human's preference"????  are there any other species of life listening in here to phones performance?  bark up now...
ha.....but i know what you mean....there is listening for comparisons and listening for pleasure and musicality. ultimately we want to listen to the music
and not the sources or equipment... its when you forget you are listening and the music takes over, and time has gone by and turned into colors,
patterns, and dreams, that you know something special is going on......the yamaha eph200s were like that.   one moment i was evaluating them and
an hour later i was dreaming with the music....

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #20,312 of 100,296
  I have the kef 200s and might throw those in the comparison for fun.  i don't have any of the new ath or sony designs, and throwing in my
favorites like the mdr 7550s or ath  1ks would seem off the point of these comparisons.  i will wait for someone else to do the ath  and sony comparisons.
meanwhile BX510 singilos shipped from japan today expedited shipping and hope to have them here mid week to burn in.  i love your  request for
"which phones tuned best for a human's preference"????  are there any other species of life listening in here to phones performance?  bark up now...
ha.....but i know what you mean....there is listening for comparisons and listening for pleasure and musicality. ultimately we want to listen to the music
and not the sources or equipment... its when you forget you are listening and the music takes over, and time has gone by and turned into colors,
patterns, and dreams, that you know something special is going on......the yamaha eph200s were like that.   one moment i was evaluating them and

the NuForce 770X is a great budget IEM with a wideband dynamic driver. 

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #20,313 of 100,296

I'm not going to suggest the fact that an animal can't hear and enjoy them as well, lol. XD But you got me!

I will, you see...I hate to break it to you, but I figured this thread out.

You see, before the pistons, monoprice, and budget headphones were sold in markets, the creators of these wonderful iems used....monkeys as their test subjects!

Adding that chocolate smell to trick piston buyers into thinking it was great was just the start of it, the monkeys were also part of the equation. These guys decided to use monkeys and understand their behvaior when listening to music through headphones. If it was a terrible sound signature, monkeys go angry and beserk, destroying the cheap iems/headphones. If it was good, they relax, and become more tame, just like you stated here...and started selling them in bulk. Monkeys were used to evaluate, but they never use humans! I rest my illogical case, lol.

"there is listening for comparisons and listening for pleasure and musicality. ultimately we want to listen to the music
patterns, and dreams, that you know something special is going on"

I'm thinking the audio technica company used a monkey and got that result from this re700. :) I love that comment you made, as it is how I hear the ath. and I totally agree with you! My mistake on that, I do agree though, it is mostly how a person gets engaged with the earphones, forget technicality. However, one of those ZAs you have will have to be ranked last, another first, and the other in the middle. I want to know which is your favorite tuning is all, :) thanks for clarifying and that joke, lol.

WHEN DID THE 200 COME OUT?! I WANT IT. :O

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #20,314 of 100,296
  The Edwin Hawkins singers in that video sound awesome!!! I just recieved my re700s, and I never heard how natural and sweet their vocals sounded until I wore these. I love gospel music, but unfortunately, I never heard of the classics.

I heard modern gospel music of jesus, but mostly rock ones. This one, however, is even better than that rock song I heard. I'll get it up in a min...

Thanks eric, this happy day just got better with that song. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Pics of the re700 will soon come. I can tell you that the build is phenomenal, the design is awesome, and the bass is firm as heck, never heard anything like it except the ws99s. The mids are not the center of attention anymore, but still pretty awesome, and the highs are just as relaxing as the es700s. It has more detail however..

Not the rock I was talking about, but Robert Valdes is good imo. I love his compassionate and rough voice.

No problem friend!

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #20,315 of 100,296
That's a pretty headphone. I like it.

I agree wholeheartedly man. If these are better than my headphone collection so far, it can't hurt to buy it from cdjapan as well. It's only $150, I bought it for $170 with tenso instead. However, it is worth that much and possibly a bit more so far. Possibly, once I burn them in. 

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #20,316 of 100,296
I got an update on my order from ibuygou today. Apparently, they managed to ship my Pistons just before they stopped working for the Chinese New Year, so now I might get lucky and receive them in one month instead of two.

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #20,317 of 100,296
  I agree wholeheartedly man. If these are better than my headphone collection so far, it can't hurt to buy it from cdjapan as well. It's only $150, I bought it for $170 with tenso instead. However, it is worth that much and possibly a bit more so far. Possibly, once I burn them in. 

Looks like you're enjoying them
smile.gif
. I'm glad I didn't cancel my order, I haven't had too much time with mine because I bought a bunch of other headphones and dap at the same time but so far so good. I love the design.

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #20,318 of 100,296

Looks like you're enjoying them
smile.gif
. I'm glad I didn't cancel my order, I haven't had too much time with mine because I bought a bunch of other headphones and dap at the same time, but so far so good.

You too friend? awesome!!!  
L3000.gif
I hope the other headphones are pretty good for what you paid. How about those ep-700s you bought? did that arrive as well? It's cool that you didn't spend that much time, better to enjoy what arrived, and more importantly, enjoy those SQs for a while before going to a new one!

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #20,319 of 100,296
  You too friend? awesome!!!  
L3000.gif
I hope the other headphones are pretty good for what you paid. How about those ep-700s you bought? did that arrive as well? It's cool that you didn't spend that much time, better to enjoy what arrived, and more importantly, enjoy those SQs for a while before going to a new one!

I haven't tried the EP700 yet, it's still in the box. Most of my time has been towards tuning my modded HM3 and modifying Entropy's kernel for my Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0.
I'm dedicating next weekend to the EP700. This weekend belong to the RE700.

Jan 24, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #20,320 of 100,296
  It's audio technica's latest headphone release in japan, that somehow didn't make it to the advertisements. 

Congrats vlenbo, good luck with them! Look forward to the impressions. They do look the business. Up to the individual about the padding unless they uncomfortable for some reason. I like the flusher fitting, less padded cans as far as portables.

Jan 24, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #20,321 of 100,296

Looking forward to your comparison!  How do the KEF M200, ATH-1K, and EPH-100 vocals compare to Tenore?  Which of your current IEMs would you say has better vocals than Tenore?

Jan 24, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #20,322 of 100,296

Am I the only one that thinks this account was created yesterday by another member? The timing is too perfect.

Nope, right there with you! Oddly suspicious from the get go.

I'm not going to suggest the fact that an animal can't hear and enjoy them as well, lol. XD But you got me!

I will, you see...I hate to break it to you, but I figured this thread out.

You see, before the pistons, monoprice, and budget headphones were sold in markets, the creators of these wonderful iems used....monkeys as their test subjects!

Adding that chocolate smell to trick piston buyers into thinking it was great was just the start of it, the monkeys were also part of the equation. These guys decided to use monkeys and understand their behvaior when listening to music through headphones. If it was a terrible sound signature, monkeys go angry and beserk, destroying the cheap iems/headphones. If it was good, they relax, and become more tame, just like you stated here...and started selling them in bulk. Monkeys were used to evaluate, but they never use humans! I rest my illogical case, lol.

"there is listening for comparisons and listening for pleasure and musicality. ultimately we want to listen to the music
patterns, and dreams, that you know something special is going on"

I'm thinking the audio technica company used a monkey and got that result from this re700. :) I love that comment you made, as it is how I hear the ath. and I totally agree with you! My mistake on that, I do agree though, it is mostly how a person gets engaged with the earphones, forget technicality. However, one of those ZAs you have will have to be ranked last, another first, and the other in the middle. I want to know which is your favorite tuning is all, :) thanks for clarifying and that joke, lol.

I might just agree. Just look at this...

Obviously monkey approved! That is one calm looking monkey!(yeah I know it's a chimp just go with it anyway
tongue.gif
)

Jan 24, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #20,324 of 100,296
A review of the new ICON DAC AMP by yours truly..Something to chew on.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/nuforce-icon-dac-black-headphone-amp-with-usb/reviews/10358

Congrats on them RE700s Vlenbo. Those look nice in deed. 

Jan 24, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #20,325 of 100,296
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
  don't come in here late, defend your friends who were in the wrong, and blame me for this fiasco. Take a deeper breath sir, and go back and read each post. I'm here defending someone who got insulted and dismissed for having valid opinions. I'm done with this argument, but please, refrain from targeting me ahead of the guilty parties. thanks. 

+1

and this:
  1. IEMagnet01
  2. (aka IEMagnet, KillboyPowerhed, FredSavage, BuddyGuy1)

He finally got himself banned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back