The discovery thread!
Jan 21, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #20,012 of 100,490
why didn't FiiO install an amp or tune the bass in the X3 like they did with the E7? The bass is so full, rounded, and thumpy with the E7, all the things it wasn't with the X3. Now I hope the HiFiMan HM-601 is an upgrade basswise?

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #20,013 of 100,490
why didn't FiiO install an amp or tune the bass in the X3 like they did with the E7? The bass is so full, rounded, and thumpy with the E7, all the things it wasn't with the X3. Now I hope the HiFiMan HM-601 is an upgrade basswise?

Maybe I'm mixing people up but weren't you just saying like 3 days ago that the the X3 was the hottest thing since Kate Upton? How did it fall from grace so quickly. And please correct me if I'm wrong.

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #20,014 of 100,490
Maybe I'm mixing people up but weren't you just saying like 3 days ago that the the X3 was the hottest thing since Kate Upton? How did it fall from grace so quickly. And please correct me if I'm wrong.

popcorn.gif

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #20,015 of 100,490

"Caught up in circles, confusion is nothing new."
Hate to say this, but I guess that's what I am after reading through IEMagnet's comments on...pretty much everything recently (Pistons, M200, now the X3). Haven't been keeping up much since I've been packin' up, but I guess that's exactly what I'm feeling. I guess you guys might relate to this too. 
biggrin.gif

No offence, IEMagnet. Just...confuzed here.

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #20,016 of 100,490

No. Wasn't me. I was kinda cranky with the X3 since I got it. That would be mochill. I had issues with the way the X3 was tuned. It wasn't warm, and I prefer a warm sound, v.s. mid centric/balanced attack. If i have balanced IEMs, i prefer to lift the bass on my own, and when I do, i like it to have decent response. The bass boost on +10 on the X3 wasn't even full enough for me. IMHO. That's how i heard and felt it. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #20,017 of 100,490
  "Caught up in circles, confusion is nothing new."
Hate to say this, but I guess that's what I am after reading through IEMagnet's comments on...pretty much everything recently (Pistons, M200, now the X3). Haven't been keeping up much since I've been packin' up, but I guess that's exactly what I'm feeling. I guess you guys might relate to this too. 
biggrin.gif

No offence, IEMagnet. Just...confuzed here.

keep up. it's easy. I enjoy the Pistons. Have never changed on that. On the M200, always said they had marvelous sound quality and schiity build quality, and the X3 love was from mochill. Though I tried to like the X3, and gave it chances with multiple IEMs and amps (to mixed results), I just couldn't get past the issues I described earlier. That and the Brainwavz Delta suck IMHO. That should pretty much cover everything and catch you up. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #20,018 of 100,490
and no offense to mochill, because I'm sure he's one cool dude, but why the **** are people confusing me and my posts with him? This has happened a few times now over the last few days? Maybe because he's using the X3, DNK, and Piston in the past week or so like I have, but I don't have the golden crystal, H3, B3, or whatever else he's been auditioning. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #20,019 of 100,490
No. Wasn't me. I was kinda cranky with the X3 since I got it. That would be mochill. I had issues with the way the X3 was tuned. It wasn't warm, and I prefer a warm sound, v.s. mid centric/balanced attack. If i have balanced IEMs, i prefer to lift the bass on my own, and when I do, i like it to have decent response. The bass boost on +10 on the X3 wasn't even full enough for me. IMHO. That's how i heard and felt it. 

I shall who not be quoted was apparently mistaken. This thread moves too fast lol and without going all out grumpy sparrow, I'll have to take you at your word. Sorrles about the mixup.

and no offense to mochill, because I'm sure he's one cool dude, but why the **** are people confusing me and my posts with him? This has happened a few times now over the last few days? Maybe because he's using the X3, DNK, and Piston in the past week or so like I have, but I don't have the golden crystal, H3, B3, or whatever else he's been auditioning. 

Because you're both pretty young lasses who know how to show a guy a good time?

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #20,020 of 100,490
Actually, I remember IEM complaining about not liking the X3 with some iem or other, I believe he was using a Sony instead, could be wrong. I find it interesting, because I didn't find the amp part of the X3 to be the greatest, either...do love using it, but almost always use it with line out to ALO National, now THAT is a sweet sounding combo :)

I was going to quit the Heaven Playlist, but, now children, I'm posting another, remember, need to play well together!!!:xf_eek:

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #20,021 of 100,490
Because mochill is a pretty young lass who know how to show a guy a good time and you're an old guy who likes to have a good time?

i changed that for you. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #20,022 of 100,490
Actually, I remember IEM complaining about not liking the X3 with some iem or other, I believe he was using a Sony instead, could be wrong. I find it interesting, because I didn't find the amp part of the X3 to be the greatest, either...do love using it, but almost always use it with line out to ALO National, now THAT is a sweet sounding combo
smily_headphones1.gif

yes sir. thank you. I like people who pay attention and don't assume. well done. I'm sure I'll try out my HM-601 with the FiiO E7 to see if it gives me the same pleasure the X3 and ALO does for you. I can only hope? 
beerchug.gif

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #20,023 of 100,490
OMG Guys the thread is so L33T now, lol anyways, I figured I'll wait and see how I do in exams (BTW I has exams
ph34r.gif
) and then I'll figure out a replacement for the HD439's, right now I'm thinking I just find a pair of open headphones (such as the q701 or x1) or a pair of style oriented over ears (such as the ATH-AX5's) 

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #20,024 of 100,490
  keep up. it's easy. I enjoy the Pistons. Have never changed on that. On the M200, always said they had marvelous sound quality and schiity build quality, and the X3 love was from mochill. Though I tried to like the X3, and gave it chances with multiple IEMs and amps (to mixed results), I just couldn't get past the issues I described earlier. That and the Brainwavz Delta suck IMHO. That should pretty much cover everything and catch you up. 

Arrighty then, guess I'm back on track...more or less. 
tongue.gif

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #20,025 of 100,490
  OMG Guys the thread is so L33T now, lol anyways, I figured I'll wait and see how I do in exams (BTW I has exams
ph34r.gif
) and then I'll figure out a replacement for the HD439's, right now I'm thinking I just find a pair of open headphones (such as the q701 or x1) or a pair of style oriented over ears (such as the ATH-AX5's) 

Koss PortaPros. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back