The discovery thread!
Jan 11, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #18,736 of 100,705
On another (hype) note, DS got to me, have the Shure 1540 on order, see if they are the be all and end all, the headphone at the end of the tunnel, the end of the Impossible Dream Quest...then again, DS ain't gone away yet, so didn't do it for him,

You are so weak doc!  Lol, just kidding - I'm sure that you'll be very happy with the 1540's. Congrats!

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #18,737 of 100,705
  Xiaomi employee. An acquantaince of a supplier of mine in Shenzhen. I met him very briefly in HK last december. All is just ideas now. Alot of times, the development for these markets is reactionary, strategies are crafted in response to what competitors do. Companies like to take a dig at each other, especially when you witness the predatory nature of advertising or presentations at launches. What is certain is that new product will be launched every year. To gain an advantage, they may even include certain accessories that are far superior to what the competition is offering. i.e. Xiaomi piston vs earpods. 

My response should be moderated by the fact that IEMagnet already has a number of earphones and I don't believe it is wise to buy and keep as they tend to go on sale when newer models roll out... unless the confidence on the durability of the pistons is being questioned, it think most phones should last at least a year or more. 

Wow. Never expected that. I don't recall the launch date of the original Pistons, but if you take the time between each release (1.0, paperback, and 2.0), we might be able to assume the release date of the next one.

Still, I have to agree with you. If there is going to be a new Piston rolling out, I might not want to buy another 2.0 just for backup. But considering the releases so far, I might speculate that the next release would be another 'paperback' edition of the 2.0 (like the orginal Pistons had back then).
Also, since the original Pistons were discontinued upon the 2.0 release, the paperback might also be replaced with a new version.

Just my 2 cents.

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #18,738 of 100,705
On another (hype) note, DS got to me, have the Shure 1540 on order, see if they are the be all and end all, the headphone at the end of the tunnel, the end of the Impossible Dream Quest...then again, DS ain't gone away yet, so didn't do it for him,

You are so weak doc!  Lol, just kidding - I'm sure that you'll be very happy with the 1540's. Congrats!

Weak ain't the half of it, but, there are worse addictions out there, this is just keeping me out of bigger trouble!
:D

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #18,739 of 100,705
Have been burning the Pistons for about a day, I'll try some Complys and connect them to my X3/National set up and have a listen in a bit, when I get to bed (get some of my best listening in then, that's why I use my iem's more than the on or over ears, though I am liking the on/over ear presentation more and more.

On a different note-X3 is fabulous sounding, though I haven't gotten the UI down. Can use it in the file explorer mode, no problem, but the other ways to search, Artist/Album, don't work, I get errors opening the same exact folders/albums that work fine in the File Explorer Mode. Have been lazy about doing anything about this (or, the positive spin, as my wife the therapist would say, is that I've been too busy: I like that better), as I can find and listen to anything easily with the File Explorer mode...the only thing I lose is the Shuffle/Random play option, for which I still have an iPod Touch, and I pull that out in situations when shuffle is the way to go,

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #18,740 of 100,705
Have been burning the Pistons for about a day, I'll try some Complys and connect them to my X3/National set up and have a listen in a bit, when I get to bed (get some of my best listening in then, that's why I use my iem's more than the on or over ears, though I am liking the on/over ear presentation more and more.

On a different note-X3 is fabulous sounding, though I haven't gotten the UI down. Can use it in the file explorer mode, no problem, but the other ways to search, Artist/Album, don't work, I get errors opening the same exact folders/albums that work fine in the File Explorer Mode. Have been lazy about doing anything about this (or, the positive spin, as my wife the therapist would say, is that I've been too busy: I like that better), as I can find and listen to anything easily with the File Explorer mode...the only thing I lose is the Shuffle/Random play option, for which I still have an iPod Touch, and I pull that out in situations when shuffle is the way to go,

my files i can find with ease, and no glitches. Some people have been buying fake 32 and 64 microSD toshiba and samsung. I'm originally guilty of it too. They are rampant on ebay and amazon. But they won't hold storage, and when they appear to do so, and you go to a file, it will say "empty file" or "file not found". The cheaper the microSD, the more likely you're buying a fraud. 

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #18,741 of 100,705
The SRH1540s are the real deal. They sit right next to my X1s, once you hear that beautiful sound that flows out of the headphones you are hooked. One word of advice on the SRH1540s. You will notice the strong bass presence on open listen.. Tuned like this as the drivers have not reached full break in, far from it..The sound does in deed change..They need at least 150-200 hours, burn for the sound to even out. But once done. The bass tightens up quite a bit and the balance, depth and clarity of sound becomes what I hear them as now...Burn in is highly recommended even if you don't believe in burn in as the sound quality gets even better, much better to the point where for me I am 100% happy with my full sized cans. Sure there are better higher end cans out there but for me I am very satisfied with my cans and have no need of any type of upgrade to the SRH1540s, now I am trying to find a pair of in ears that will mimic what I am hearing from my SRH1540 and I have a feeling the H3 will come close. Fingers crossed as I will be getting my H3 next week..

I read a review of some guys that buy the SRH1540 and judge them before they even break them in..What a damn shame..I guess my ears are not as picky as these guys but the sound quality I am hearing is nothing short of euphonic and a state of bliss. But to get to this state I am 100% certain of the effects of burn in/use of the cans. Break in your equipment people.!!. You all have nothing to loose but everything to gain. Do it in secret if your too pro to mention it to anyone.!

As for my doppios these sound so high class but I say something to that effect every time I mention them so you guys need some more input. Wait for next week.

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #18,742 of 100,705
Weak ain't the half of it, but, there are worse addictions out there, this is just keeping me out of bigger trouble!
biggrin.gif

i totally grok that, doctor jazz. headphone via head-fi. org discovery addiction is a "better bad habit" than many less audio inclined folks indulge in!
my psychoanalysis friend tells me we all should have 3 bad habits, in case we need to give up one or for health or other reasons.  keep the music flowing!

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #18,743 of 100,705
  The SRH1540s are the real deal. They sit right next to my X1s, once you hear that beautiful sound that flows out of the headphones you are hooked. One word of advice on the SRH1540s. You will notice the strong bass presence on open listen.. Tuned like this as the drivers have not reached full break in, far from it..The sound does in deed change..They need at least 150-200 hours, burn for the sound to even out. But once done. The bass tightens up quite a bit and the balance, depth and clarity of sound becomes what I hear them as now...Burn in is highly recommended even if you don't believe in burn in as the sound quality gets even better, much better to the point where for me I am 100% happy with my full sized cans. Sure there are better higher end cans out there but for me I am very satisfied with my cans and have no need of any type of upgrade to the SRH1540s, now I am trying to find a pair of in ears that will mimic what I am hearing from my SRH1540 and I have a feeling the H3 will come close. Fingers crossed as I will be getting my H3 next week..

I read a review of some guys that buy the SRH1540 and judge them before they even break them in..What a damn shame..I guess my ears are not as picky as these guys but the sound quality I am hearing is nothing short of euphonic and a state of bliss. But to get to this state I am 100% certain of the effects of burn in/use of the cans. Break in your equipment people.!!. You all have nothing to loose but everything to gain. Do it in secret if your too pro to mention it to anyone.!

As for my doppios these sound so high class but I say something to that effect every time I mention them so you guys need some more input. Wait for next week.

I'm hoping for the same with my DUNU DN-1000, though I'm starting to dislike the highs that come with BA drivers. The dynamics are just so much more natural and warm. Still, if I can close the deal with the DUNU or even the Havi B3, then I can rest awhile and spare my wallet the onslaught. 

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #18,744 of 100,705
Oh oh. Ds is getting the H3's next week. Lord have mercy on my wallet! :)

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #18,745 of 100,705
:D

i totally grok that, doctor jazz. headphone via head-fi. org discovery addiction is a "better bad habit" than many less audio inclined folks indulge in!
my psychoanalysis friend tells me we all should have 3 bad habits, in case we need to give up one or for health or other reasons.  keep the music flowing!

Damn, now I need 2 more bad habits to have as back ups for ditching, this has me in a tizzy, being perfect in every other way :D

If I REALLY try, I can, maybe, just maybe, come up with 1 or 2 (or 20), I'll have to ponder this...

[COLOR=FF00AA][COLOR=FF00AA][COLOR=FF00AA][COLOR=FF00AA]Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

The SRH1540s are the real deal. They sit right next to my X1s, once you hear that beautiful sound that flows out of the headphones you are hooked. One word of advice on the SRH1540s. You will notice the strong bass presence on open listen.. Tuned like this as the drivers have not reached full break in, far from it..The sound does in deed change..They need at least 150-200 hours, burn for the sound to even out. But once done. The bass tightens up quite a bit and the balance, depth and clarity of sound becomes what I hear them as now...Burn in is highly recommended even if you don't believe in burn in as the sound quality gets even better, much better to the point where for me I am 100% happy with my full sized cans. Sure there are better higher end cans out there but for me I am very satisfied with my cans and have no need of any type of upgrade to the SRH1540s, now I am trying to find a pair of in ears that will mimic what I am hearing from my SRH1540 and I have a feeling the H3 will come close. Fingers crossed as I will be getting my H3 next week..

I read a review of some guys that buy the SRH1540 and judge them before they even break them in..What a damn shame..I guess my ears are not as picky as these guys but the sound quality I am hearing is nothing short of euphonic and a state of bliss. But to get to this state I am 100% certain of the effects of burn in/use of the cans. Break in your equipment people.!!. You all have nothing to loose but everything to gain. Do it in secret if your too pro to mention it to anyone.!

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Cool, that's what I'd like...thinking of iem's that might do the same thing, maybe the Earsonic SM64, Heir 5, Heaven IV/V/VI, who knows. Don't trust customs, I'm convinced my impressions would be bad, wouldn't work out as they should. Like a pair to give upgrade-itis a break for a while (of course, then I'll be down a bad habit again, and may have to take up heroin or something like that!!!:eek:

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #18,746 of 100,705
Drblue, I grok your grok man. Which is to say, I grok! :)

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #18,747 of 100,705
Oh oh. Ds is getting the H3's next week. Lord have mercy on my wallet! :)

talk about weak, just give up now and order them, why put yourself through all the pain of reading the DS raves, wanting them, denying yourself, really wanting them, breaking down and buying them anyway, just do it NOW

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #18,748 of 100,705
Jan 12, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #18,749 of 100,705
Actually I think Wayne is perhaps the strongest willed out of all of us. See he is smart in waiting for a phone to go hyper space, lets a bunch of people buy the phone, wait till the majority agrees on the sound and then he pulls the trigger. That is smart. I need to do more of this myself. But I am weak willed like so many of us.. Weak I say! I want to be more like Wayne.

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #18,750 of 100,705
Has anyone tried these yet (ATH-RE700)??
I was looking for an open headphone so I bought the EP700 but then I saw this so I bought it too. I'm hoping for some impressions. I think I can still cancel the order.  I guess I'll give them a try. They're too perrrty to not give them a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back