The discovery thread!
Jan 8, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #18,481 of 103,717
  So now that I got my KEF M200 back, and comparing to the OM Audio InEarPeace, I'm going to say that I prefer the OM Audio. The OM Audio is light years more comfortable than the M200. Not even close. Microphonics and isolation are a tie, and though the M200 has smoother and more forward mids, they lack the spatial qualities of the OM, and the highs are more extended and clarity belongs to the OM, while the M200's bass is heavier and slightly more refined. The mids are more aggressive in the upper mids on the OM, but the laid back nature of the highs on the M200 gives the OM more clarity and instrument separation, while the M200 has more lush and smooth mids and refined bass, with a thicker note presentation, which can give up details nicely, but overall the OM is a slightly better package with sound, comfort, and build quality (the rubbery black ear hooks are kinda unsightly). 

Take that for what it's worth. 

Looking forward to the DUNU DN-1000 v.s. The OM Audio IEP comparison coming soon. 

not surprised that the om audio has more clarity, just as the im-02s and doppios have more clarity than the kefs, and the h-3s. very good impressions, thank you for sharing. 

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #18,482 of 103,717
  not surprised that the om audio has more clarity, just as the im-02s and doppios have more clarity than the kefs, and the h-3s. very good impressions, thank you for sharing. 

thank you and you're welcome. 

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #18,486 of 103,717
I have the kef m200 on order today and i'm not sure if i made the best iem choice...

i'm going in thailand for 2 month so it's gonna be my most used travelling tool :)

What is the best iem that compete favorously with the kef m200....

i'm looking for a full sound like m200 with good bass but with better resolution, details retrieval, timbre, imaging/soundstage and PRAT...

under 400$ what are the best options
---
Om audio
Doppio
Dunu DN1000
new Sony h3?
ATH IM02
Havi b3 pro?
Fisher amps 3 and 4?
grado GR10
cardas?

anything else to add?

----

I like the idea of having a low crossover point and no crossover in the midrange...
I like fast, high resolution mid/high (i use electrostatics at home)
so i wonder if hybrid 2 way would be better...

what is the best hybrid 2 way in the 200-600$ range.. (instrument separation, imaging and soundstage being important

---
best SQ first, best comfort/microphonics after (travel), best look( like the om audio look) after

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #18,487 of 103,717
  I have the kef m200 on order today and i'm not sure if i made the best iem choice...

i'm going in thailand for 2 month so it's gonna be my most used travelling tool :)

What is the best iem that compete favorously with the kef m200....

i'm looking for a full sound like m200 with good bass but with better resolution, details retrieval, timbre, imaging/soundstage and PRAT...

under 400$ what are the best options
---
Om audio
Doppio
Dunu DN1000
new Sony h3?
ATH IM02
Havi b3 pro?
Fisher amps 3 and 4?
grado GR10
cardas?

anything else to add?

----

I like the idea of having a low crossover point and no crossover in the midrange...
I like fast, high resolution mid/high (i use electrostatics at home)
so i wonder if hybrid 2 way would be better...

what is the best hybrid 2 way in the 200-600$ range.. (instrument separation, imaging and soundstage being important

---
best SQ first, best comfort/microphonics after (travel), best look( like the om audio look) after

the KEF M200 is definitely NOT a travel IEM. They are very large, clunky, and though they sound absolutely awesome, would not be what I would call a travel IEM or a workout IEM. IMHO. 

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #18,489 of 103,717
IM-02 is two b/a's so it's probably cleaner(thinner) which seems to be what you prefer.

While they are thinner sounding, they have more weight to the music than the ck10s themselves. It loses the thickness of the m200s, but doesn't sound thin to the point of selling it. That is true though, and I like that about it. Don't know if the doppios are like that (thinner or cleaner)

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #18,493 of 103,717
Got myself the brainwavz r3 and monster diesel vektr and hisoundaudio golden crystals on the way :sunglasses:

I've heard good things about the golden crystals. 

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #18,495 of 103,717
Lush miss huh. I don't think my ear canals would agree with them though.

That is so true. The KEF M200 is NOT meant for people with small ears. You gotta have big ears like I do, and even then I had to look up on the net how best to wear them, before I got a good seal and fit. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back