The discovery thread!
Dec 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #17,746 of 100,539
  Going to test the S4 iem against my current favorite budget dual dynamic, the Havi B3.

The Havi is something else. Needs more love. I compared it to a more neutral RE-400, beating it in everything but the mids. 

http://www.ru.ugomark.com/taobao/view/id/35700828655

the HAVI B3 dual dynamic for those interested. 

I'll be pitting the Samsung against my JVC FXT90 when they arrive next week. Don't think a comparison to my M200's is fair, but I'll probably do it anyways? 

Look forward to your impressions.

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #17,747 of 100,539
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all of you!!! 

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #17,748 of 100,539
  So, after getting these in the mail today (yay before Christmas) I'm astounded they haven't gotten more attention.  Samsung EO-HS330, the stock headset shipped with the Samsung S4.  They're available on Amazon for like $6, but what's interesting is they're dual dynamics.  Sound pretty decent too - V-shaped sig, good clarity, bass is fairly well controlled and no sibilance.  You also get working volume controls for Android phones (they work great on my Nexus 5).

You do, however, have to toss the stock tips and supply your own, they are atrocious.  Smaller bore (Hybrids) give a more v-shaped sig, larger bore (MeElec) give a more balanced sig.

Do these come shipped with the Note 2 as well? Because my mom has a Note 2 and she doesn't really like them, so I might be able to 'borrow' them, if you know what I mean. 
biggrin.gif

But anyway, Merry Christmas to y'all and Happy Holidays!

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #17,749 of 100,539
  Do these come shipped with the Note 2 as well? Because my mom has a Note 2 and she doesn't really like them, so I might be able to 'borrow' them, if you know what I mean. 
biggrin.gif

But anyway, Merry Christmas to y'all and Happy Holidays!

I've no idea, honestly, I bought mine on Amazon.  Make sure you replace the tips before you try them - Sony Hybrids are my current favourites.  Triple flanges from my Moxpads make them incredibly bassy

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #17,751 of 100,539

I've no idea, honestly, I bought mine on Amazon.  Make sure you replace the tips before you try them - Sony Hybrids are my current favourites.  Triple flanges from my Moxpads make them incredibly bassy

Alright, I'll give them a try then. I don't think I have any triple flanges lying around, but I'll use what I have.
Thanks! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #17,754 of 100,539
I have a friend going to Shanghai soon...Where can i ask him to get Piston gold version for 99rmb from a shop ?

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Hmm...in Shanghai, huh? So far, I don't know where to get it other than online, but a seller from Taobao might have a physical shop somewhere. I'll look into that, and fill in the details.

Alright, quick update: So far you could only get the new Pistons (the gold ones, obviously) online. However, considering your friend will be in Shanghai, you could just have it ordered directly from their website. Land shipping would be free for orders above 100元 ($16.50) except the Xiaomi TV, so you might wanna add something extra to your purchase there (the Pistons are only 99元). How long will your friend be staying in Shanghai? If he stays for a week or more, he should have no problem receiving it. I'm not sure about international shipping, however, as that could take weeks and I haven't tried it.

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #17,755 of 100,539
Hmm...in Shanghai, huh? So far, I don't know where to get it other than online, but a seller from Taobao might have a physical shop somewhere. I'll look into that, and fill in the details.

Alright, quick update: So far you could only get the new Pistons (the gold ones, obviously) online. However, considering your friend will be in Shanghai, you could just have it ordered directly from their website. Land shipping would be free for orders above 100元 ($16.50) except the Xiaomi TV, so you might wanna add something extra to your purchase there (the Pistons are only 99元). How long will your friend be staying in Shanghai? If he stays for a week or more, he should have no problem receiving it. I'm not sure about international shipping, however, as that could take weeks and I haven't tried it.

Do they physical Xioami retail shop to buy from ?

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #17,756 of 100,539
Re: @Aurvana 3 - Last time they were mentioned (actually I mentioned them) on the thread they had just dropped to $70, pretty consistent intervals on camelcamelcamel. I'm not sure what this says about stock but I wouldn't wait for them to drop any lower.

Rest assured about sound, they are spectacularly agreeable.

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #17,757 of 100,539
  Re: @Aurvana 3 - Last time they were mentioned (actually I mentioned them) on the thread they had just dropped to $70, pretty consistent intervals on camelcamelcamel. I'm not sure what this says about stock but I wouldn't wait for them to drop any lower.

Rest assured about sound, they are spectacularly agreeable.

dual dynamic or dual balanced armature?

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #17,760 of 100,539
Do they physical Xioami retail shop to buy from ?

I thought I already told you that you could only order the Pistons online. The only physical 'shop' they have are their official repair outlets. I'm sorry, but that's all the information I have at the moment. They have no mention of any physical shop anywhere. Plus, you're looking for the new Pistons. The first-gen Pistons can be found in retail stores, but having to pinpoint one out of the many hundreds if not thousands of shops in Shanghai is too much of a hassle for me. I may only be living a couple of hours away from Shanghai, but I don't plan to go there anytime soon, so I'm afraid I have to apologize for that.
     As a side note, you didn't answer my question. How long will your friend be staying in Shanghai? Will he not stay in Shanghai? Xiaomi's delivery service is impressive, and I received my Pistons in less than 48 hours. Considering that Shanghai is only 2 hours away from my area, wouldn't it be just easier to have him order it directly from their website? If you keep asking me to find a physical retail store here in China, then I can help you no further.
     If you want to buy from their website, please do so here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back