The discovery thread!
May 26, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #1,757 of 102,854
yeh i was more in the market to get something bassy when i got the original xx, i got the gr06 vsonics at the same time and im extremely pleased with them for my day to days even replacing my pfe and hje900.   So yeh if the fx101's live up to the hype here I will be a pretty damm happy audio monkey. :)

May 26, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #1,759 of 102,854
Agreed, even back in the days of the marshmallows with kramer mod they have been performing at a price point unmatched by their piers.

The Marshmallow was my first IEM. Before that I had no clue you could get that kind of low bass out of an earphone. JVC fan ever since.. :)

IMAG0121.jpg

And yes.. My wife was giving me funny looks while I was posing all my JVC's for that pic. Lol.. :xf_eek:

May 26, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #1,761 of 102,854
Quote:
The Marshmallow was my first IEM. Before that I had no clue you could get that kind of low bass out of an earphone. JVC fan ever since..
smily_headphones1.gif

And yes.. My wife was giving me funny looks while I was posing all my JVC's for that pic. Lol..
redface.gif

lol i still get the same looks from my girl.......
her "what u doing?"  
me "taking pictures of my headphones for head-fi"  
her "geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk"
me "ok honey listen, its not me its you..........."
beerchug.gif

May 27, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #1,763 of 102,854
Just got the fx101s in.. wow. As soon as I hit play on some DnB.. I was like yea turning off my e10s bass boost. Had no idea IEMs could produce this bass. They need to be burned in though.. I can't wait for how they sound later. :> Not a fan of the hissing though. Who cares though with dat bass.

May 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #1,765 of 102,854
ahh i took the plunge for the fx101s even though i JUST got my philips she iems.. dammit you guys, my wallet hates all of you. these may be cheap they add up fast...

May 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #1,767 of 102,854
Quote:
Just ordered the fx3x as soon as i get them i will give my impression
tongue.gif

You too. Lol. You and BG.. both you guys just can't wait. Well like I told BG if those end up not being a true upgrade to the FX101. Don't blame me. A risk yes. But Based on Jeffs impressions of them. I think I am gonna like.
Quote:
ahh i took the plunge for the fx101s even though i JUST got my philips she iems.. dammit you guys, my wallet hates all of you. these may be cheap they add up fast...

$10 + $16= Hugh? Thats a cheap dollar movie and some McDonalds Big mac meals. Lol! Much more satisfaction.
Quote:
in the same boat. its an awesome boat. :D

May 27, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #1,769 of 102,854
Quote:
If the fx3xs are actually upgrades I am totally sold based on the fx101s.

See this is the reason why I wanted to try them first to let you guys know. I am not sure just yet. The X3X is an older model. I wouldn't be surprised if the new FX101s have a very similar sound tuning or is actually better than them.  Considering there is like 3 or 4 guys that bought them already I am sure everyone will chime in on what they hear.

May 27, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #1,770 of 102,854
Quote:
lol i still get the same looks from my girl.......
her "what u doing?"  
me "taking pictures of my headphones for head-fi"  
her "geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk"
me "ok honey listen, its not me its you..........."
beerchug.gif

I'm pretty sure your girl is also a geeeeeeekkkk, but it's for shoes. ask if you can have as many earphones she has shoes.  
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back