The discovery thread!
May 26, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #1,714 of 103,248
Quote:
yea I forget what earphone I am talking bout. Both again are excellent but they don't best the CKM500. Would be cool if they did. Lol!  The CKS77 has more to do with the FX40. I still prefer my CKS77 over the FX40 but again the sound is stupid for the price..

Yeah the CKM500 is definitely rather superior in overall refinement. But you always gotta keep diminishing returns in mind. Plus it's all mostly preference. I'm listening to a lot of rap atm, A$AP, Bone. I'm using UE M tips atm. It's unreal. Music as a movie.

May 26, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #1,715 of 103,248
Anyone have experience with the FX3X to compare against the FX101?

http://www3.jvckenwood.com/accessory/headphone/inner/ha-fx3x/index.html

Not sure if these have been released worldwide yet but thought I'd ask anyway. I found only one other 1st impressions thread on these.

May 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #1,717 of 103,248
Update: Been burning those in for the past 20 hours now approx. and wow, the sound just keeps getting better and better. No more bass glitch that I had earlier. The SQ is much better and the clarity of the vocals is just superb. So, those who haven't gotten these babies yet. Stop reading and go get them!

May 26, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #1,718 of 103,248
I seem to be getting a better seal (and better sound) with the FX40s wearing them with their tabs pointing straight down (hold onto tabs while inserting them). Looks like this will put more stress on the cables going into the housings though (I'm not really sure how much this could affect their life expectancy, if at all). Anyone else experience this?

May 26, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #1,719 of 103,248
As I cannot find the fx40 for less than 45 euros here in Europe, I'm  now actually thinking about going for the cmk500
ph34r.gif
You guys still recommend the fx40 and ckm500 for who prefers a neutral sound, rather than a bassboosty one?
The point is that I wouldn't like to spend too much money, because in october I'm gonna buy a 1500 euros headset system as my main. But man, it seems I can't resist anymore...

May 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #1,720 of 103,248
Well I just opened my FX101's this morning... After about a half hour struggle and a bloody thumb later I got the packaging open. I have never owned an IEM with bass so deep and thumping without the mids and highs being recessed and shallow sounding. These are great so far without any burn in! I have the ATH-CKM50, and these give them a run for their money! The green model looks great as well! 

May 26, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #1,721 of 103,248
Quote:
As I cannot find the fx40 for less than 45 euros here in Europe, I'm  now actually thinking about going for the cmk500
ph34r.gif
You guys still recommend the fx40 and ckm500 for who prefers a neutral sound, rather than a bassboosty one?
The point is that I wouldn't like to spend too much money, because in october I'm gonna buy a 1500 euros headset system as my main. But man, it seems I can't resist anymore...

If you can get a CKM500. That is the way I would go. They are superior over both these earphones in refinement and overall sound..

If you can find either of these cheaper I would try them out but if not the CKM500 is completely worth the money spent on them..

May 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #1,722 of 103,248
Quote:
ph34r.gif

I'd go for the CKM500 if I were you and I'd be willing to pay a little extra.

Quote:
Well I just opened my FX101's this morning... After about a half hour struggle and a bloody thumb later I got the packaging open. I have never owned an IEM with bass so deep and thumping without the mids and highs being recessed and shallow sounding. These are great so far without any burn in! I have the ATH-CKM50, and these give them a run for their money! The green model looks great as well! 

LOL! I opened mine and the packaging was hard as hell to open also, I just got angry and started cutting it everywhere until it finally opened up. Enjoy them and make sure you burn them in for even better SQ.

May 26, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #1,723 of 103,248
Thx for the suggestion, but I have one more question.
I'm reading that in june a few iem are being released, and they might outclass these, at the same price. Actually I cannot really wait, because as I've said, I need them now and for few months. But do you think that I should really wait for the new headphones?

May 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #1,724 of 103,248
Quote:
Thx for the suggestion, but I have one more question.
I'm reading that in june a few iem are being released, and they might outclass these, at the same price. Actually I cannot really wait, because as I've said, I need them now and for few months. But do you think that I should really wait for the new headphones?

I'm not that good of an audiophile but I know markets. So, I'll tell you a few things that should help you make your decision by yourself.

1) June is in just a few days.
2) Many companies will say "release scheduled in June" but it might be delayed, there's always that risk
3) Everyone says "same price or less" because they want to increase appeal for whatever item
4) You say you want them ... NOW.
5*) If you are willing to use them for a few months and then buy new ones... why not?

*You pay the item itself but you also pay for being able to use it. Let's say you pay $80, you use them by listening to music every day for around 2 hours. That increases your satisfaction because you are doing the activity you wished to do. That's what you paid for. Now, let's say you did not buy them, you don't get to listen to music with them (or maybe no music at all depending if you already own some IEM or headphones). Which option is preferable to you?

May 26, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #1,725 of 103,248
Quote:
Anyone have experience with the FX3X to compare against the FX101?

http://www3.jvckenwood.com/accessory/headphone/inner/ha-fx3x/index.html

Not sure if these have been released worldwide yet but thought I'd ask anyway. I found only one other 1st impressions thread on these.

Why you gotta do this to me man. Ordered. Lol! I just got these.    Interesting these have carbon drivers. Why do I have a feeling these are gonna hand the CKS77???

Will report back in about a week.. buyfromjapan has them for around $69 shipped from ebay.. I had to bite. As impressed as I am with the FX101. These are the high end XX earphones..I don't even have to hear these and I am willing to bet all you guys these are gonna do more than compete with the CKS77..I have no doubts in my mind these will have a superior sound from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back