The discovery thread!
Oct 13, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #15,436 of 103,127

Same here actually. They are fairly light, and because they don't need deep insertion, they seem less intrusive and feel quite comfortable (using a cable clip always).

I must say, even though the cks1000 have a big footprint in they dont stick out that much. comfort-wise they are surprisingly more comfortable than most phones for me, im sure the right tips will make a difference. no complaints here in that department... unless you have a hood. 

My main concern is if they somehow don't fit comfortably in my ears, returning them will be a bit problematic with me having to get them shipped from Japan -> UK.

Oct 13, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #15,437 of 103,127
YMMV, I, as the resident "mutant ears" member, with fit problems on almost every iem slightly off from the "bullet" shape, didn't have an easy time with fit on these, eventually got it usable with Complys. I'd think someone you can deal more locally with, like Amazon or similar, would be safer (unless you are like DS, who almost never met an iem that didn't fit...)

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #15,440 of 103,127
  this thread is getting very SCARY.  im hosting the CHASE DABNEY SPOOKTACLUAR HOUSE CONCERT NOV 2   friend me on facebook
(elan nale) if you want to be invited!!!! boo!

Love to, think the commute would be too much 
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #15,441 of 103,127
Back to the J-E-T-S!!!

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #15,444 of 103,127
They fit everyone but me, again. Let me tell what my problems with it are, someone out there will likely have a similar problem. They look small in the picture, and, in fact they are small. The part you don't see, with the tip, is small indeed. So small, I find it difficult to get a seal in the ear canal, and the round outer chamber doesn't allow you to push it in any more. Wide tips help some, Complys help some, still not completely comfortable for me (I'm in a minority here for sure, but, could be someone else who feels the same). They are nice when a good seal is acheived (lots of comments on that in the thread). I may have to go back to Ety's...along with the Tenores, the easiest fit for me. (found them unreliable, though, just died on me...also hate the filters).

Oct 13, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #15,445 of 103,127
Yeah my Bassos are completely stuffed now. Any ideas on replacement? I like the sound signature. Do I buy another pair of Carbo Bassos or is there something else I should consider?

They fit everyone but me, again. Let me tell what my problems with it are, someone out there will likely have a similar problem. They look small in the picture, and, in fact they are small. The part you don't see, with the tip, is small indeed. So small, I find it difficult to get a seal in the ear canal, and the round outer chamber doesn't allow you to push it in any more. Wide tips help some, Complys help some, still not completely comfortable for me (I'm in a minority here for sure, but, could be someone else who feels the same). They are nice when a good seal is acheived (lots of comments on that in the thread). I may have to go back to Ety's...along with the Tenores, the easiest fit for me. (found them unreliable, though, just died on me...also hate the filters).

My Carbo Bassos just literally done the same thing about 5 minutes ago..

Oct 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #15,446 of 103,127
  Yeah my Bassos are completely stuffed now. Any ideas on replacement? I like the sound signature. Do I buy another pair of Carbo Bassos or is there something else I should consider?

Final Audio Design Heaven IV is a huge step up with a similar signature.

Oct 13, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #15,448 of 103,127
really curious about this Final Audio Design, but it is pricy...the Heaven V's seem to get a  lot of notice.

Oct 13, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #15,449 of 103,127
Raking those #%^#@&^$^ leaves this afternoon, listening to M-K Mykros 90. Again, very nice, this time from ipod touch/LOD/National, good buy imo (not for bassheads)

Oct 13, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #15,450 of 103,127
(error, double post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back