The "Disco-MINT" completed (dialup warning)
Sep 28, 2004 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Nisbeth

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, there are actually two reasons for this design: Firstly, since I discovered sources for cheap high-bright LED's everything I build has to look like it's designed by a mad PC-casemodder on LSD
biggrin.gif
and secondly, because I was recently given access to the prototype workshop at my job, I just had to mill holes in something
biggrin.gif

The end result can be seen on the pictures below. More info can be found on my website (see my sig.)
smily_headphones1.gif

MINT1a.jpg

MINT1b.jpg

MINT1c.jpg

MINT1d.jpg

MINT1e.jpg

MINT1f.jpg

MINT1g.jpg

MINT1h.jpg

/U.

Sep 28, 2004 at 9:36 PM Post #3 of 25
Very nice work. I like the jacks you're using -- what kind are they?

Sep 29, 2004 at 12:50 AM Post #7 of 25
How do you get it to change colors like that? Good work! I also have an amp in one of those hammond cases, and they're very solid.

Sep 29, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #8 of 25
Sep 29, 2004 at 1:54 AM Post #9 of 25
Looks great, got any in the dark pics?

Sep 29, 2004 at 4:41 AM Post #11 of 25
I think he said he got to use a milling machine to make the hole, looks too clean for a Dremel, but then again flecom could probably dig up some pics of Dremel cuts that would rival a CNC router........

That does looks really slick, I want to see a short video of the colors changing in dim light. DYN-NO-MITE!

Sep 29, 2004 at 4:42 AM Post #12 of 25
Looks really cool!

Sep 29, 2004 at 7:17 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Megaptera
I like the jacks you're using -- what kind are they?

Hmm, don't know actually. They were bought locally from the "electronics shop around the corner"
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by was ist los?
How did you make such a clean hole for the top? I love it, i think i will steal your idea!

As beamrider says, I milled it. If you want to try it with a dremel, be my guest - I know my hands are shaking way too much to even try that
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamrider
That does looks really slick, I want to see a short video of the colors changing in dim light.

Well, so would I
wink.gif
I've tried recording it with a digicam but that only does 15fps so it doesn't look right (too jerky), but I'm working on it
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by robzy
Mind if i ask what model of hammond case you are using though?

The smallest one they make in the 1455-series. IIRC the p/n is 1455C801
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the comments everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

/U.

Sep 29, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Megaptera
Very nice work. I like the jacks you're using -- what kind are they?

I bought some of those from Segor Electronics, www.segor.de . I don't think they ship outside Germany, but they might tell you who manufactures/distributes the jacks. Their part number is KLBU 3,5 STM.
HTH

EDIT: They do ship internationally.

Sep 29, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #15 of 25
How did you insulate the bottom of the board from the case?
I've just tried my mint amp in a Hammond case and there is very little space,I'm a little worried about shorting it out.

Alan.
Buy the way, amp looks superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back