the difference between a $1000 headphone and a $300 headphone.
Feb 10, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #167 of 174
"Please explain"
Sounds like:
"Get ready to get jumped as soon as you peep a sound!"

Well currently with 720p/1080p recordings get 'scaled' for these 120Hz televisions and end up looking really freaky. The same freaky feeling you get when switching to a channel with the bad acting soup-opera that has the oddly good visual recording style.

okay okay whatever!
In honor of the initial argument with cars in the first half of the thread.
Damnnit that modded 1991 Nissan 300zx just zoomed by me!Wha?No,no no. I still love you, my HP-DX1000s; yes, yesh..it got nothin on you. yes you!

Feb 10, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #168 of 174
Yo dude, it wasn't meant all uptight and all, I was just really in need of an explanation (I used the word please didn't I). Scaling is for changes of resolution, but never for refresh rates. The soup-opera I do understand, some blurry images that make the world seem 'prettier than it is' so I do get your point
wink.gif
Don't get too uptight, most of the people on this forum are very polite, and even the ones that seem not, just like to stoke the fire a little and are just as nice
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #169 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infoseeker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In honor of the initial argument with cars in the first half of the thread.
Damnnit that modded 1991 Nissan 300zx just zoomed by me!Wha?No,no no. I still love you, my HP-DX1000s; yes, yesh..it got nothin on you. yes you!

Let me explain the cardinal rule of making analogies: maintain some sort of connection to reality, not contrast a car (modded or not) with headphones,.

Feb 11, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #170 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me explain the cardinal rule of making analogies: maintain some sort of connection to reality,

I chose the blue pill. :D

Feb 11, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #171 of 174
IMO you are much better off spending the extra money on getting a full markl mod for your D2000 (I realize you have probebly made your choice by now LOL) but for anyone else reading this. IMO there is more performance gain in doing that than paying the extra 700 for 10% stronger magnets. with the markL LA mod, you get woodies that are far superior to the stock D7000 ones, a nice cable upgrade and any amount of damping you require. IMO the LA2000 is worlds ahead of the stock D7000

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #172 of 174
I would try and find some of the best headphones of the past which do not yet have astronomical prices.

- CD3000
- MB Quart QP85 OR ANY OF THE FLOAT FRAMES
- Stax SR-X, SR-Sigma, SR-Lambda
- Orthodynamics

You can get high end audio and audio quality for the price of an average modern day can - sometimes less.

I have heard the Modded D2000 with wood cups and a cable upgrade. It is very nice and a worthwhile venture, but the best value lies with those I just listed. If you are going to spend $1000 on a Dynamic, get the DX1000. The D7000 and the modded D2000 can't compete even if they end up costing the same as the stock DX1000. The cavernous soundstage is something which hasn't been seen since the CD3000/R10 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back