The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Oct 20, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #346 of 3,746

I am in Australia too, I gave you an ebay link to the Clip Zip...... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Sansa-Clip-Zip-4GB-MP3-FM-Voice-Player-White-/310343400586

Quote:

the UE700 are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of my price range any suggestions for something under 100 dollars aus?

Quote:
i had a walkman phone.......i didnt like it it didnt sound great kinda disappointing actually...... anyways i might get a sansa clip + to hold me over till next july when the itouch 5

Say what?

Why do people pay over $700 for an iPhone or iTouch and think the UE700 is "wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of my price range", this totally does not make any sense. =P

For the record I bought my UE700 here locally for $99, and there is also the "UE700R" and "Jays q-Jays" to consider.

Don't expect the Clip+ to sound amazing or anything like that if you were disappointed in a Walkman phone.

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #352 of 3,746

Sorry for continuing to rave about the FXC51

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
and before you say the second video is not Hi-Fi, look at the comments:​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

User "Katun" is the person that got me on to these IEM's, I believe he also goes by sugar man sam, and likes rollercoasters.

I actually didn't believe him when he said they're better than Sony Z1000 and Ultrasone PRO 900, but he's listened to a lot of IEM's and HP's, so I decided to try them since they were only $26+shipping.

He's now posted his review of the JVC FXC51, which you can find here -> http://www.head-fi.org/t/576532/fxc51-review-borderline-perfection

I think the JVC's are the best I've heard under $90, (I say $90 because I bought the UE700's for $99).

To anyone that is excited about their emphasized bass and thinks they won't need to Eq them, well I know some people love Skullcandy so yes some people can stand that type of enhanced dissonant bass, however it's not quality bass at all, it's just... a washing machine of bass.

If you want bass impact + quality in the same package, under $90, then you should definitely get the Jays A-Jays Two, or Three... I have the Three myself, since I thought it would be the best model, however I think I just slightly preferred the Two, when I tried them in the store.

In brief -

If you want higher quality bass = A-Jays Two/Three.

If you want higher quality mids/treble = JVC FXC51 / FXC71.

Another rival that comes to mind is the Sony E888, which is overlooked (possibly due to fakes) and has a unique, very good sound, however it's an earphone, so it's not really in the IEM category.

Edit: I haven't heard the Blox M2C... but that could ~possibly~ be another rival... considering it used to cost $180, and I didn't hear any complaints at that time. It now costs $47 - http://bloxearphone.com/

I love high quality earphones, and the Blox has a nice price now, so I might pick it up at some point, I've also had the Final Audio Piano Forte (which came FOR FREE with a Japanese headphone magazine at some point) and the 9wave NW Studio.

I like the sound of the JVC out of my Sony gumstick, so this will most likely become my 'ultraportable-fi' or 'gym-fi' when I don't feel like using my Teclast T51 with the Sony EX700 (which is without a shadow of a doubt, higher quality sound, it's just not suitable for jogging, for instance).

Here's a picture of a my new 'jogging-fi', with Jays A-Jays Three on the right.

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #353 of 3,746
Oct 20, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #356 of 3,746
As a new comer and as  I am waiting for my T51 to arrive and just got the Bey. 1350 and uetf10, I was thinking to enter the >$1000 headphones with any configuration with the amps  I own (cmoy2.03,PA2v2,fiio e7 and TTVj slim) with the T51.
My choices are UE8 and BT5p.
Kiteki you are the reason I got the T51, and would like your advise on:
1-What is the best amp with the T51 from my collection?
2-Should I get the UE8 or BT5p or any other new comer ?

I listen to almost all generas (except for Hip-hop)
your comment is appreciated

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #357 of 3,746

Congratulations on getting the T51.

Sorry, but I don't know much about portable amps, so I can't recommend you any special synergy with what you have.

The way I see it, the T51 already sounds so good out of the HO and LO, that a cMoy will do very little, however you will have volume control over the LO, which is a plus! :wink:

Just to gain volume control over the LO, I wouldn't mind trying some cheap portable amps, let me know which one you like the best, out of what you have (cmoy2.03,PA2v2,fiio e7 and TTVj slim).

The Beyer T5p is an excellent headphone, and it's not just delicate, feminine reference sound like with my ex-A2000X, it's quite deep and enjoyable sound, more "living" than any other HP I know.

There's so many headphones out there, I can't recommend the T5p specifically to you, let's face it it's expensive, and you have only told me you like everything but hip-hop! That is really not enough information, what type of sound you like and your favorite IEM/HP experiences is useful information, honestly I don't think "I like classical" is useful information, because people enjoy classical on 671 different headphones.

I told myself only to have 1 full-size headphone, but it's ~possibilityish~ I'll end up with the SRH-940, I really liked that headphone last time I tried it, and one user on head-fi has ranked it right under the T5p on his portable full-size list, his list looks like this:

1. T5p
2. SRH-940

etc.

If you are prepared to spend so much on a headphone as T5p, perhaps you should consider SRH-940 and a really good custom IEM instead, CIEM's are the way to go! :wink:

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #358 of 3,746

Kiteki [size=small] Many thanks for your reply, sorry for being so general , give me some time to get into the [/size]technicalities[size=small].[/size]

[size=small]As for the [/size][size=medium]Shure[/size][size=small], I was just reading that post minutes ago, that you mentioned and I read the list, I was surprised to find it after the T5P! the only concern with the [/size][size=medium]Shure[/size][size=small] is Bass as I recall, can you confirm it![/size]
[size=medium] any advice on the CIEM  (at least some options to chose from)[/size]
[size=medium] Thnx[/size]
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #359 of 3,746

Kiteki  As i remember you posted that the normal eq for T51 is not "normal" it should be changed to zero, hope I did not misunderstand you, may you confirm, and as I intend to use the T51 solely for listing, do you have any settings, stopping services, themes , effects to save battery and milk it as much as I can and to at least try to prevent it from freezing or restarting as I read from one post.

Thanks

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #360 of 3,746

The bass is very high quality on the Shure SRH-940... it's just too light... I was playing at max volume from my T51 and I felt like the bass could sound great with a tiny bit more juice, a tiny bit more impact.

For CIEM, all you ever hear is UE this and JH that.

I'll list some overlooked ones:

- Starkey SA-43
- Rooth LS8
- Thousand Sound TS842
- AlienEars FR-C3

Personally I was going to get the Thousand Sound TS842 and the Gui Ling CX-3i.

The CX-3i should sound very similiar to the UM Mage, considering the internal components used (CI-22955, TWFK), crossover (3-way), and it's a dual-bore design.
Gui Ling is the oldest custom IEM company in China, the manufacturer used to work and teach at UM/Rooth, and designed several products there, such as the Rooth LS8, which is one of average_joe's top 3 CIEM's, and he owns over 10, including JH16 and UERM.

After he departed from UM and Rooth, he formed his own lab, and changed the name of his LS products to CX, the flagship LS8 became the CX8, except in his later revision he decided to implement two sub-bass drivers, two bass drivers, two mids and two highs, akin to JH16, instead of using the two bass, two mids, two highs and two ultra-highs setup in the previous LS8.

Another interesting product to consider is Gui Ling's take on the ER-4 (CI-22955), which imho in a custom shell has no reason not to sound at least as good as the original ER-4, with the same tube length and filter applied, and roughly the same price as the ER-4, whether you decide on ER-4S, ER-4P or ER-4B depends on the cable used, personally I would go for ER-4S mode, since that sounded much better than ER-4P mode to me (ER-4PT + 75ohm impedance).

In the end, I decided it's a bit over the top to get two custom IEM's at once, you know the TS842 and the CX-3i? So... I decided on the Gui Ling CX6 ver.2., which is very similiar to the UE18Pro.

As you can see I've done my research... and I can let people know what the CX6v2 is like once i receive it.

If you'd like to study CIEM's more, this picture is a good start:

If this is all too confusing, and you just want to play it safe and have excellent sound, just get the popular JH13 or the Starkey SA-43!! It's the only custom IEM with hard-wired switches so you can adjust the bass and mids on a hardware level, and it's received extremely postive reviews.

Quote:

Kiteki As i remember you posted that the normal eq for T51 is not "normal" it should be changed to zero, hope I did not misunderstand you, may you confirm, and as I intend to use the T51 solely for listing, do you have any settings, stopping services, themes , effects to save battery and milk it as much as I can and to at least try to prevent it from freezing or restarting as I read from one post.

Thanks

No no.... keep the T51 on "normal" mode, "normal" is flat FR and sounds the best, do not use the "playfx, rock, pop, classic, bass, jazz, user" mode unless you're using the LO (line-out) and want to lower the volume, then select "user" and adjust the Eq, that's the only way to change volume on the line-out.

Most people think the line-out is better sound quality, but I usually prefer the headphone-out, they use different chips, it all depends on which IEM you're using, you can experiment for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back