The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jul 13, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #15,946 of 21,763
Quote:
6 hours and 3 minutes with no posts to this thread. Is that a record?

There all absorbed in the Space 1999 Box set.

Wait till the New Captain Scarlett hits America:)

I was busy out snapping spokes on my far too high maintenance commuter bike:frowning2:

Jul 13, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #15,947 of 21,763
I watched Man of Steel yesterday. I thought it was a little overlong but overall not too bad. I've been hearing such mixed reviews so I think I was prepared to be disappointed. I wish it was a bit goofier / more amusing, but ah well.

I'm just in the middle of packing for a 4 day trip to Tasmania with a friend. We really haven't planned an itinerary so hopefully it won't devolve into horrible arguments! I've never been to Tasmnia but there is a strange museum there I really want to go to: http://www.mona.net.au/

Here is the bag of gadgets I'm taking there: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=171238136392533&set=a.162220127294334.1073741828.161940560655624&type=1

I feel like this is a relatively practical spread but at the same time it still feels excessive for a 4 day trip... I will try not to spend too much time on said gadgets. Cept the camera.

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #15,948 of 21,763
Quote:
I watched Man of Steel yesterday. I thought it was a little overlong but overall not too bad. I've been hearing such mixed reviews so I think I was prepared to be disappointed. I wish it was a bit goofier / more amusing, but ah well.

I'm just in the middle of packing for a 4 day trip to Tasmania with a friend. We really haven't planned an itinerary so hopefully it won't devolve into horrible arguments! I've never been to Tasmnia but there is a strange museum there I really want to go to: http://www.mona.net.au/

Here is the bag of gadgets I'm taking there: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=171238136392533&set=a.162220127294334.1073741828.161940560655624&type=1

I feel like this is a relatively practical spread but at the same time it still feels excessive for a 4 day trip... I will try not to spend too much time on said gadgets. Cept the camera.

You gonna visit the Tasmanian devil? :wink:

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #15,950 of 21,763
Quote:

Oh yeah, you totally reminded me! Though, it's kind of a sad story with the devils because they have a face cancer that is spreading through the population via biting. Yes, it's a contagious cancer.
Quote:
What is there to do on Tasmania?

Honestly, I have no idea. It's scenic. There should be some historical buildings and good food. No idea what else. I only wanted to go because it's an obscure part of Australia, much like people in the states must feel about Alaska?

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #15,951 of 21,763
Quote:

thumbsup.gif

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #15,952 of 21,763
Quote:
6 hours and 3 minutes with no posts to this thread. Is that a record?

I was cafe side @ SBUX - their Playlist today was very challenging (terrible!); I could not focus. After a few hours, Astrud Gilberto came on in the rotation. I lowered the lid closed to my PC, as her feather-light vocals had me daydreaming...
size]

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #15,953 of 21,763
So there's a new show on Netflix by the creator of Weeds. It's called "orange is the new black". I've been watching it all day on my phone, since its the only thing I have that connects to the Internet lol.

Anyway, it's a really interesting show. Each episode is an hour long, and I've watched 9 in a row (with hygiene and listening breaks, of course).

Oh! I need some advice from someone acquainted with property law. I'm trying to move out of this complex, but the apartment won't let me leave without consequences. I've been combing through my lease looking for a loophole, and I think I may have found something. The apartment recently changed its name from (let's say) Sherwood to oaktree. Now the lease I signed still has the Sherwood letterhead and name on it. Would that qualify as a way for me to get out scot free?

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #15,954 of 21,763
So there's a new show on Netflix by the creator of Weeds. It's called "orange is the new black". I've been watching it all day on my phone, since its the only thing I have that connects to the Internet lol.

Anyway, it's a really interesting show. Each episode is an hour long, and I've watched 9 in a row (with hygiene and listening breaks, of course).

Oh! I need some advice from someone acquainted with property law. I'm trying to move out of this complex, but the apartment won't let me leave without consequences. I've been combing through my lease looking for a loophole, and I think I may have found something. The apartment recently changed its name from (let's say) Sherwood to oaktree. Now the lease I signed still has the Sherwood letterhead and name on it. Would that qualify as a way for me to get out scot free?

That would most likely not get you out of the lease, but in Texas, the break-in would be grounds to terminate it (it worked in my case). You'll probably have to find someone more familiar with property in Louisiana to get a good answer though.

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #15,958 of 21,763
Quote:
Isn't that illegal?

Ummm no, all you do is put an add in the paper. If anyone is interested they contact you and come over to view the apt and read the finer details of the lease. If they like it they pay you the damage deposit and any other monies you may have paid up front. You and him/her then go see whoever runs the complex who checks out the persons credentials (are they working, does the person look like a bum, do they have a history of not paying rent etc). If the other person checks out the landlord simply transfers the remainder of the lease to the other persons name and the original renter is free to leave. People do it here all the time. Usually landlords don't care as long as the other person is working and doesn't have a history of not paying rent.

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #15,959 of 21,763
Quote:
Ummm no, all you do is put an add in the paper. If anyone is interested they contact you and come over to view the apt and read the finer details of the lease. If they like it they pay you the damage deposit and any other monies you may have paid up front. You and him/her then go see whoever runs the complex who checks out the persons credentials (are they working, does the person look like a bum, do they have a history of now paying rent etc). If the other person checks out the landlord simply transfers the remiander of the lease into the other persons name and the original renter is free to leave. People do it here all the time. Usually landlords don't care as long as the other person is working and doesn't have a history of not paying rent.

ohh....

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #15,960 of 21,763
That would most likely not get you out of the lease, but in Texas, the break-in would be grounds to terminate it (it worked in my case). You'll probably have to find someone more familiar with property in Louisiana to get a good answer though.

This was going to be my suggestion. You might need an attorney which is what most will tell you but look through the lease for anything in relation to their responsibility towards the tenant and the property and maybe you'll find something that could be used in regard to the break in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back