The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Sep 12, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #106 of 21,761
Won't be little for long :).

Probably not. They get long and tall, but they stay rather lean. His spots will get darker as he ages too.

His sire, Zeus:

Shiva isn't "show quality". That's the reason he was a few hundred $ and not several thousand $$. :wink:

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #108 of 21,761
That's the way Chester was, he weighed 22lbs and wasn't obese. He had a head the size of a softball.

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #109 of 21,761
Yep lol sounds like Micah :wink:. Very agile still though for such a large cat. He has these bursts of energy where he'll be zipping around the house. He even jumps off against the walls lol. Hard-headed a lot of the time though.

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #110 of 21,761
Quote:
Yeah. The worldview I've honed from playing videogames most of my life always equates singular objects in the middle of rooms as triggers for spawning traps. As soon as someone picks up that flashlight, a buncha imps and cacodaemons are going to appear.

Or you'll somehow be notified that you picked up a what appears to be a flashlight, but it doesn't work.  But don't be surprised if it comes in REALLY handy later on in the day though.

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #111 of 21,761
{CODE}
is it generally a wise thing to create an array out of a json array?

In a way it feels a little redundant to do that, but in my head the whole idea becomes a bit easier for me to grasp. I'm used to strongly typed languages where explicit casting has to occur. Javascript isn't strongly typed at all, and the casting and such does create a bit of a confusion.

Anyway, the data gotten from the json-file should be turned into an array already by the jQuery ajax command, right? So pushing it into a new array seems redundant, right?

I feel a little uncomfortable answering homework questions, but I'll give a couple hints:

JSON is a global object, and you can handle it as such.

Loose variable typing can be an impediment or a tool, depending on how you wield it. Instead of worrying about forcing data into a rigorous structure, focus more on what the data will be used for. There are times when "is 'three' equal to 3?" is the right question to ask and should be answered "yes". (I think I just heard a C programmer's brain explode) Then work backwards and revise to the extent necessary.

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #112 of 21,761
So, continuing with the furry discussion...

Quote:
I don't really think I understand the division between the terms, if there are hard divisions to be made at all.  It could be a continuum.  To me it looks like there are several intersecting independent variable and I don't know if there exists a proper terminology to discus such things unambiguously.

They aren't mutually exclusive, and I think one could make an argument for something akin to a venn diagram, as some otherkin could be considered furries or scalies (totem animals, werewolves, dragons, etc.) while others not (ie. elves). One could be part of the furry fandom and be an otherkin. The key distinction I think that makes for an 'otherkin' label is the genuine belief that one either WAS such a creature in a former existence, or one IS currently such a creature in some capacity. I think non-otherkin furries recognize / admit they are human, in other words.

As I was saying with a former post, I find the demographics and subsequent stereotypes that exist within fandoms rather fascinating. Especially with regard to furries, when certain people are prejudged by other furries based on their choice of fursona (kind of ties in with a_rec's post about music...). I think it's rather humorous that there are people with more 'exotic' fursonas who look down their noses snouts at people with more common ones. "Oh look, another fox / wolf / cat / dog" type thing. LOL.

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #114 of 21,761
Quote:
Sounds good but hows the build quality? 

It's a "bullet" style of earphone, so it's kind of like the Ortofon Q-5. The cable enters in through the back rather than the side, so it sticks out a bit like Frankenstein's monster's neck bolts. There's no strain relief, either. Overall though it feels solid. Made of metal. Quite nice to hold.

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #115 of 21,761
Quote:

It's a "bullet" style of earphone, so it's kind of like the Ortofon Q-5. The cable enters in through the back rather than the side, so it sticks out a bit like Frankenstein's monster's neck bolts. There's no strain relief, either. Overall though it feels solid. Made of metal. Quite nice to hold.

would the lack of strain relief be a cause for concern? I break  stuff too regularly 
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #116 of 21,761
I think it's inevitable that I'm going to get both the Liquid Lightning and the Electra. I'd sell my KGSS, but I don't think I'd get enough for it to make it worth while compared to keeping it.

Quote:

would the lack of strain relief be a cause for concern? I break  stuff too regularly 
biggrin.gif

The strain relief is there to basically provide a buffer for the cable entry, to prevent too much force being applied directly to it which could cause damage. Some people also use it as something to pull on when removing earphones, but personally I avoid the cable altogether and use the body itself. The Adagio V is awkwardly shaped, making it a little tricky to remove from your ears.

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #117 of 21,761
I was clicking my profile to check the threads i've recently posted in and to my surprise diary thread had no updates! After a few hours of waiting I clicked the thread and saw that it was continued here :p

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #118 of 21,761
Anyone want a 600 EURO AKG K702?

The 65th Anniversary K702 by AKG

The K701 / K702 / Q701 has certainly made its presence known in the landscape of head-fi, and these days it has acquired something akin to legendary status. I'll admit, I still have a bit of a soft spot for AKG despite their more recent corporate shenanigans. The Sextets, the K280 parabolic headphones, the K340 electret hybrids, the K501, the K1000 earspeakers, the K3003 IEMs... I've enjoyed these various products over the years, and nothing will negate that. The engineers and designers at AKG have an obvious passion for the new, and in the past this has manifested itself in a willingness to experiment and release products that are frankly kind of "out there" and unconventional.

When it comes to the K701 however, my relationship has been a bit more rocky. I've always found it to be impressive insofar as the atmosphere it conveys is concerned, yet when it comes to tonality, my feelings have fluctuated between enjoyment and apathy. The latter stems from a lack of immersion I think. Still, the K701 has appealed to me in certain ways, and I've always had it in my collection in one form or another. The latest iteration, the Q701, is a slight refinement to the formula. These days I think it stands as a fairly nice investment compared to similarly priced brethren. I do however think AKG's recent output has been indicative of their less-positive tendencies, namely their almost obsessive compulsive need to rerelease slightly different variations of the same products over and over. This goes back to the days of the Sextet, however; in that sense it's probably rather appropriate for them to release what amounts to a rehash of a rehash.

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #120 of 21,761
Quote:
I feel a little uncomfortable answering homework questions, but I'll give a couple hints:
JSON is a global object, and you can handle it as such.
Loose variable typing can be an impediment or a tool, depending on how you wield it. Instead of worrying about forcing data into a rigorous structure, focus more on what the data will be used for. There are times when "is 'three' equal to 3?" is the right question to ask and should be answered "yes". (I think I just heard a C programmer's brain explode) Then work backwards and revise to the extent necessary.

Well, you heard my head explode as well despite me not being a C programmer. The syntax of C++, C# and Java is based on C though. But I do get the idea you're referring to. It's not intuitive when "3" != 3. On the other hand, strongly typed languages have their pros, such as having a better (mental) control of your data. In my opinion, at least, since I don't really want "3" to be 3, since they're very different variables with different methods and so on.

Oh, I didn't want you to answer homework questions. I was merely thinking about the principle of putting JSON data into an array as JSON objects. I mean, it works and I've got the homework finished and working. The thing is that I feel wrong about doing so even though it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back