The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Apr 10, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #9,856 of 21,761
Mmmmm Link's Awakening. Loved that game

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #9,859 of 21,761
Quote:
Dunno if any of you read much sci-fi, but I remembered reading a few novels with a very good female lead way back when I was little child bordering on puberty but never found the rest of the series in the local library(small enough that I had finished the entire sci-fi and fantasy section in couple years) Lo and behold, a google search later gives me a list of possible books and authors who write space opera with female leads(decent ones as opposed to the badly written dude who happens to have a vagina). 

The books? The Serrano Legacy series(7 novels) by Elizabeth Moon. I just grabbed them all of amazon for my tablet and will now proceed to settle in for a good long read. :)

If you enjoy her style, do not miss her more realistic novel about autism (her son is autistic). A wonderful plunge in the percetpions of people who see the world differently. The Speed of Dark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_Dark

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #9,860 of 21,761
Quote:
Tangster, you should try the Honor Harrington series by David Weber. Great sci-fi novels, especially if you like military sci-fi. Honor is a wonderful character, and her supporting cast is very good, too.

Going to Fantasy, Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie is a great revenge tale with a tough female protagonist. In Scifi, Against A Dark Background by Ian M Banks is pretty good. I heard a lot of good of Weber.

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #9,861 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:eke286
WOT, no drummers.  OOPS, sorry, I forgot...... drummers are not musicians...................

You, sir, are a scoundrel! *slaps you with my white glove*

Oooooh, that smarts...
Hasn't changed my mind though.

Real musicians play double basses and electric bass guitars.

Drums are presents you give to little children whose parents you hate.....................
Cymbals, likewise.....

Now you know why you and your kiddies keep getting drum kits as pressies.......

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #9,864 of 21,761
Got my FitEar MH335DW in my ears.

The fit is perfect. These are extremely comfortable, almost like a hybrid between customs and universals, but tailored to my ears like a glove. Sound is really nice. Just a quick comparo to the TO GO! 334 before I head out the door:

~> More focused sound, slightly more intimate presentation compared to TG! 334. Wont impress soundstage addicts. Imaging is phenomenal however.
~> Sound is clean, clean, clean. Wow. Not detecting any grain or roughness... smooth as can be, without sacrificing any detail.
~> Bass is much faster and better controlled compared to the TG! 334. Some people have described the bass as too much, but I'm not getting that. It's not a matter of my being more used to bass either I think, because I have other monitors to compare as a reference. I'm wonder if it has something to go with the angle of the nozzle in the ear being a little off for some people?
~> Dark signature, even more than the TG! 334, but not quite shelved LCD-2 level. Still sounds natural.
~> Mids are simply gorgeous as per FitEar. I'm getting a better sense of space around me compared to the TG! 334 despite the tighter proximity, especially in front of me.

I should also note that my pair has two bores instead of three. My ear canals are extremely straight and narrow, and FitEar uses a fixed width on their tubes. There are still three tubes for the drivers, but instead of continuing all the way, two of them merge into one about half way up the stem. My impressions seem to mirror Gavin's however, so I don't think it's affecting the sound perceptibly. Apparently FitEar even has some customers with ears so small they require a single bore.

Kinda funny that I still don't have my JH-3A which is domestic, but I've got these first from the other side of the world.

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #9,865 of 21,761
Quote:
Got my FitEar MH335DW in my ears.

The fit is perfect. These are extremely comfortable, almost like a hybrid between customs and universals, but tailored to my ears like a glove. Sound is really nice. Just a quick comparo to the TO GO! 334 before I head out the door:

~> More focused sound, slightly more intimate presentation compared to TG! 334. Wont impress soundstage addicts. Imaging is phenomenal however.
~> Sound is clean, clean, clean. Wow. Not detecting any grain or roughness... smooth as can be, without sacrificing any detail.
~> Bass is much faster and better controlled compared to the TG! 334. Some people have described the bass as too much, but I'm not getting that. It's not a matter of my being more used to bass either I think, because I have other monitors to compare as a reference. I'm wonder if it has something to go with the angle of the nozzle in the ear being a little off for some people?
~> Dark signature, even more than the TG! 334, but not quite shelved LCD-2 level. Still sounds natural.
~> Mids are simply gorgeous as per FitEar. I'm getting a better sense of space around me compared to the TG! 334 despite the tighter proximity, especially in front of me.

I should also note that my pair has two bores instead of three. My ear canals are extremely straight and narrow, and FitEar uses a fixed width on their tubes. There are still three tubes for the drivers, but instead of continuing all the way, two of them merge into one about half way up the stem. My impressions seem to mirror Gavin's however, so I don't think it's affecting the sound perceptibly. Apparently FitEar even has some customers with ears so small they require a single bore.

Kinda funny that I still don't have my JH-3A which is domestic, but I've got these first from the other side of the world.

Thanks for the feedback....very concise and clear.

So they are indeed on the smooth / dark side, but with better bass control than the 334...I am wondering more and more weither these would be useful once I get the SE5 which are supposedly more on the dark side, or if I should go NT6 PRO which are supposedly sharp / bright.

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #9,866 of 21,761
Quote:
Since I mentioned the Abyss being paired with the Liquid Gold....

Yum.

That's how the Liquid Gold looks like? I expected gold (or gold-like finish) on its chassis. 
tongue.gif

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #9,868 of 21,761
Quote:
Since I mentioned the Abyss being paired with the Liquid Gold....

Yum.

Looks sweet.  Note how the photographer skillfully hid the nasty "Abyss" stitching across the headband though :D

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #9,869 of 21,761
Quote:
The books? The Serrano Legacy series(7 novels) by Elizabeth Moon. I just grabbed them all of amazon for my tablet and will now proceed to settle in for a good long read. :)

I read all the Paksenarrion stuff a while back.  Entertaining. A bit fluffy, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Real musicians play double basses and electric bass guitars.

Bass guitars are for percussionists who want to fool people into thinking they're guitarists.  :D

Apr 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #9,870 of 21,761
Quote:

That's how the Liquid Gold looks like? I expected gold (or gold-like finish) on its chassis. 
tongue.gif

Yup, that's the LAu.

The design pretty much mirrors the LL2 which I think is simply gorgeous. If this were the old Cavalli Audio, the volume knob would probably be gold in color. These days Dr. Cavalli is only doing black "stealth" finishes on his amps however.

Quote:
I hope that's not the Abyss' actual stock cable.

It is.

JPS is a cable company afterall, so having a massive cable is pretty much a given.

Not only is it a dual 3-pin XLR which is no longer common, but it's also similar to the cables on the Muramasa in that the channels are kept separate the whole length down rather than being bundled together. So you basically have two cables, one 3 pin XLR per side.

I actually kind of like that because it's f'ing weird. On the down side, it results in more cable you have to deal with (did I mention JPS is a cable company?) and is rather awkward. Especially if you're a female (or have man-cleavage).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back