The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Mar 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #8,866 of 21,761
Guess I missed all the moral dilemma/Bioshock too. Anyway, I think Bioshock is fundamentally flawed in the sense that you can whiz through too much of the game with just the electro bolt/wrench combo. It doesn't really matter how much Adam you accrue really when you're kind of an unstoppable force with like three specific plasmids. Ken Levine himself admits that Bioshock was unsatisfying and rushed. He's been very frank about it in postmortem interviews. Anyway... If you're interested in a game that exemplifies the dilemma of tough moral situations you ought to check out Spec Ops: the Line, it forces the player to evaluate their actions far better than Bioshock. Nier was also a fantastic deconstruction of the RPG with a real gut punch of a twist. Both well worth checking out

That aside, interesting news on the 1Plus2. They're one of the most interesting phones out there for my money. Anything that's described as some sort of technical monster usually has my attention

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #8,867 of 21,761
Great impressions MuppetFace. I got used to the fit and cable but need ginourmous tips. The only small issue I have is a bit of driver flex upon insert.
I agree that bass is one of the main selling points, especially coming from BA Iems. So...physical.
But the one question I have is, do you feel the sens of immediacy ? Because that is one its stated purposes. I could not feel it before comparing to the 5.0. The 5.0 is like listening to music on a home system, whereas the 1plus2 is like having the band in front of you.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #8,868 of 21,761
Quote:
Glad to see that the thread has returned to the state where I had to go through some twenty-odd pages to just reply to a select number of posts that I wanted to get to in two days...

beerchug.gif

Quote:
Great impressions MuppetFace.

X2.

@MF: I wonder, do the 1Plus2 have more bass quantity than the Flat-4 or IE800? The latter two are pretty much where I'd personally draw the line these days, at least for high-end IEMs. Thanks!
smile_phones.gif

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #8,869 of 21,761
Quote:

LOL, I wasn't gonna say anything originally.  But if this were a real coffee house, you'd be buying him spiced chais and butternut squash muffins right about now...
biggrin.gif

O, so he'd want to eat/drink that? Meng, I'm too poor. 

Quote:

If you simply do good and do not expect anything back, that IS sacrifice because you have expended effort with no expectation of return. That's why it's considered good - because you go out of your way to do something with no reward.

If you do something good with the expectation of a reward, it isn't altruistic, it's a transaction.

yup.

When I think of sacrifice, I usually think of it in a bad way, but I guess this is another way to use it. 

Ye, twinqy is a yaoi fangirl. Fujoshi. 

You guys and your uberomgwtfbbqlong posts lol

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #8,870 of 21,761
:beerchug:

X2.

@MF: I wonder, do the 1Plus2 have more bass quantity than the Flat-4 or IE800? The latter two are pretty much where I'd personally draw the line these days, at least for high-end IEMs. Thanks! :smile_phones:

Hey James, I was curious, what tips do you like with the F-4? I'm on a quest to find the best possible tips for it and was curious what you used to bring out their best

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #8,871 of 21,761
On Great Barrier Island this morning. What a gorgeous place this is. :eek:

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #8,873 of 21,761
Quote:
an old man doing nothing but traveling and living life. That's what I'm talking about.

It is indeed :D

I don't think he's really that old, despite the "grumpy old man" disclaimer in his sig.
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #8,876 of 21,761
Mar 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #8,877 of 21,761
Quote:
Hey James, I was curious, what tips do you like with the F-4? I'm on a quest to find the best possible tips for it and was curious what you used to bring out their best

I know they're tuned for Complys, but tbh I don't like the bass with these. UE gray silicons with (red) Sony hybrids as spacers work best for me so far.

I'm still not quite content though and want to try out more options when I find the time.

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #8,879 of 21,761
You'll be feeling your age when you hit 50 
tongue.gif

As a 51 year old man, I can confirm feeling age - however I can also confirm that youth is wasted on the young... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back