The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Dec 23, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #4,007 of 21,761
Bugginess?  Not sure what you mean as I never had any issues with the USB on the DAC-2.  Then again, I didn't use it for very long before getting the Audiophileo.  Tell me more.  Is the USB buggy on the DAC-2?

Dec 23, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #4,009 of 21,761
Quote:
Bugginess?  Not sure what you mean as I never had any issues with the USB on the DAC-2.  Then again, I didn't use it for very long before getting the Audiophileo.  Tell me more.  Is the USB buggy on the DAC-2?

Mine is, at least.  It will randomly have trouble with certain sound effects programs make and occasionally get all clicky mid-song.  With that going on I can't help but wonder if the USB input is compromising the SQ somehow, hence my most recent buys.  And I've been told elsewhere that its USB input is outdated.

My other regularly used DAC atm -- the one in the Conductor -- has had exactly one such error since I got it about a month ago.

Dec 23, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #4,010 of 21,761
Quote:

Mine is, at least.  It will randomly have trouble with certain sound effects programs make and occasionally get all clicky mid-song.  With that going on I can't help but wonder if the USB input is compromising the SQ somehow, hence my most recent buys.  And I've been told elsewhere that its USB input is outdated.

My other regularly used DAC atm -- the one in the Conductor -- has had exactly one such error since I got it about a month ago.

No, I didn't experience anything like that and the Audiophileo has been flawless in that sense.  I do run a Violectric V800 via USB for my desktop speakers and haven't experienced anything like that with it.  The V800 uses the older USB v1 adaptive clock method so I would expect any issues with my computer's USB output to be glaringly obvious.  So far it's been clean though.  I hope the Stello helps clear those up for you.  Staying tuned...

Dec 23, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #4,011 of 21,761
You know Muppetface, prior to joining this thread, I had no desire to try the Flat-4's. Now I'm actually quite curious about them, and (very sadly for me) even more interested in the Maple ones. I really enjoy the aesthetics of them, and the concept behind them is quite innovative, to say the least. Hopefully they'll still be making them when I can afford to drop a grand on a "I think these sound cool" :p

Dec 23, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #4,012 of 21,761
Quote:
You know Muppetface, prior to joining this thread, I had no desire to try the Flat-4's. Now I'm actually quite curious about them, and (very sadly for me) even more interested in the Maple ones. I really enjoy the aesthetics of them, and the concept behind them is quite innovative, to say the least. Hopefully they'll still be making them when I can afford to drop a grand on a "I think these sound cool" :p

From what I've read on them I'm rather keen on them too. I just wish they had removable cables or at the very least very good strain reliefs. That's usually the first death of IEM's and in that price bracket my view is there should be removable cables so it's a non issue

Dec 23, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #4,013 of 21,761
I've just got home for break and what do you know, Comcast is ******* up internet again. We've had low speeds for the past 2 weeks (apparently), but for the past day it's been unusable. My computer is able to connect at low speeds for some reason, but everyone else in my home is completely locked out of internet.

My dad is saying some really harsh things to the Comcast service agent. Harsh, but deserved, probably. This internet monopoly needs to end. Any other utility going out like that would have huge consequences, yet Comcast (and internet providers in general) seem to get off scot free.

Dec 23, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #4,014 of 21,761
Yeah, Comcast has been less than terrific for me too but there's nothing else even approaching quality around here. 

I got really tempered with them the last time it was flaking and nothing's happened since.  Most likely a coincidence, but...

Dec 23, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #4,015 of 21,761
Quote:
I've just got home for break and what do you know, Comcast is ******* up internet again. We've had low speeds for the past 2 weeks (apparently), but for the past day it's been unusable. My computer is able to connect at low speeds for some reason, but everyone else in my home is completely locked out of internet.
My dad is saying some really harsh things to the Comcast service agent. Harsh, but deserved, probably. This internet monopoly needs to end. Any other utility going out like that would have huge consequences, yet Comcast (and internet providers in general) seem to get off scot free.

Checked your router?

Dec 23, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #4,017 of 21,761
Quote:
I've been thinking of an aquarium or something. I need something to kind of stare at while I listen to music other than the computer screen/some random area. Maybe I'll invest in a lava lamp or something. Only problem with those is the "house on fire" thing :p

That's a rather amusing read for me. I have an aquarium screensaver I throw up on my laptop when I'm listening to my mellower stuff.

Dec 23, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #4,018 of 21,761
Quote:
I've also been thinking of making the Flat-4 as my late birthday present, but the price always knocked my imagination back down to Earth. Still haven't ordered the JVC HAFXZ100 yet, like I intended to. Anybody have any experience with ordering through amazon jp and tenso?

The last time I tried to use Tenso was when I tried to order a set of K2 sp's from Japan. The Tenso shipping options completely confused me and the address Tenso gave me to use didn't work when I entered it into the j phonic order page. The j phonic site kept giving me an error and kept saying I was missing address information. I thought about putting in a request to Tenso and having them order them for me but after adding shipping and the added price for the service I decided the price was getting to high for an IEM I had not yet heard so I gave up. I'm actually thinking of ordering a backup pair in the distant future though. I wish Tenso was more user friendly.

Dec 23, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #4,019 of 21,761
Quote:
That's a rather amusing read for me. I have an aquarium screensaver I throw up on my laptop when I'm listening to my mellower stuff.

I actually just downloaded a similar one to try it out :p I think it might work, the only issue I have is with open cans. My computer isn't loud per se, but it has a lot of fans. I can somehow pick the fans out of the music :frowning2:

Dec 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #4,020 of 21,761
The last time I tried to use Tenso was when I tried to order a set of K2 sp's from Japan. The Tenso shipping options completely confused me and the address Tenso gave me to use didn't work when I entered it into the j phonic order page. The j phonic site kept giving me an error and kept saying I was missing address information. I thought about putting in a request to Tenso and having them order them for me but after adding shipping and the added price for the service I decided the price was getting to high for an IEM I had not yet heard so I gave up. I'm actually thinking of ordering a backup pair in the distant future though. I wish Tenso was more user friendly.

I see. Will keep that in mind. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back