The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread
Apr 18, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #331 of 2,115
Quote:
You guys think there is enough jam from the Taboo MK III to run my Normal Bias Stax Lambdas off an SRD7/sb?  I know it says it needs at least 10 Watts...but???  Will need to give this a try when mine gets here.

I  do not believe it will drive the Stax headphones. You may damage your amp trying to do that.

Apr 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #332 of 2,115
Ok.  That's kinda what I thought, but I thought I'd ask.  I will stick with what I have for the Stax or maybe a Mini Torii II would do it...ouch the wallet just kicked me.

Apr 18, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #333 of 2,115
Quote:
Ok.  That's kinda what I thought, but I thought I'd ask.  I will stick with what I have for the Stax or maybe a Mini Torii II would do it...ouch the wallet just kicked me.

There is always a Liquid Lightning II...
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 18, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #334 of 2,115
Quote:
evil_smiley.gif

Ouch!!!  I tried to look the LL II up and my wallet put me in a head lock and made me promise never to try it again. 
biggrin.gif

Although..., oh crap now you have me thinking, I could get it and put a normal bias and a pro bias in it and get a new set of Stax (007 or 009)...hhmmm.

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #336 of 2,115
Quote:
Quote:
evil_smiley.gif

Ouch!!!  I tried to look the LL II up and my wallet put me in a head lock and made me promise never to try it again. 
biggrin.gif

Although..., oh crap now you have me thinking, I could get it and put a normal bias and a pro bias in it and get a new set of Stax (007 or 009)...hhmmm.

We got another 22 inches of snow over the last couple of days. Nothing to do but listen to headphones!

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #337 of 2,115
Quote:
We got another 22 inches of snow over the last couple of days. Nothing to do but listen to headphones!

The Roseau force field is in effect so the snow stayed show of us.  The got nine inches by the cities I heard.  I was just out riding the motorcycle today (was about 37 degrees).  I am SLOOOOWLY moving up the list...should be another four weeks for mine to ship I hope.  Maybe sooner if they turn up the juice.

Apr 21, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #338 of 2,115
Twist off beer caps cover my headphone jack wells.  MGD looks good, as does the Coor's Banquet, maybe Dad's rootbeer next.   It's easy to change styles.  I really like the Taboo MKIII with the standard base you have.  A customer of mine gave me a Sansui TU-7900 receiver with the white background and black faceplate.  It really goes well with my Decware system!  I have been having a blast going through the thrift store bins and I have picked up some great albums for like $.50.  The Santana Abraxis album is my latest find.  I bought a Spin Clean record cleaner and I highly recommend something to clean the vinyl grooves, it brings back all the fidelity.  That MKIII with the standard base is classic, good choice. 

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #343 of 2,115
Quote:

Awesome review. I used to own the V200 so hearing about the improvements makes me want this now. :) Might be reaching for the Credit Card... Now seriously, I have been pondering between this and the GS-X MK2, but might save a penny and have some tube fun. Not sure if anyone actually compared the two...

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #344 of 2,115
..."Tease Me...Please Me".....see, even the Scorpions want to Taboo MK III after Frank's review! (They sure sound good right now on the MK III and the HD800's! 
biggrin.gif
 )

Great job on the review, Frank! Glad to see your by-line rolling!

beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #345 of 2,115
Frank, I also enjoyed your review.  I'm also pleased that I have a few of the same recordings you used for reference.  I have had similar experiences to yours -- I am often working while listening and I have found myself stopped and just staring off in the distance comletely engrossed in the music.  I definitely love my Taboo and its not even broke in yet.

You mentioned that you have also heard the LCD-3 with the Taboo.  Was there any difference in synergy between the LCD-2 and LCD-3?  Your comments on the synergy with the HD800 coupled with my extremely positive experience with the AKG 702 have definitely moved the HD800 up on my Want List.  

Thanks for all the work Frank!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back