The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread
Oct 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #1,531 of 2,115
No doubt about Decware and Steve's customer service at all from my personal experience so far.  Top notch! 

Oct 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #1,532 of 2,115
Well folks, I'll be without the Taboo for a couple weeks or so- I sent it in to have the mysterious background hum I've posted about earlier checked out.

I've lived with this hum for 5 months now, I can ignore the hum when I listen to LCD2, but unfortunately the main headphone I use is PS1000.
Taboo III is designed specifically for low sensitivity LCD2, so anyone who wants to pair it with high sensitivity headphones should think twice, there is a very good chance you'll get a humming one.

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #1,533 of 2,115
Out of curiosity do you hear the hum with your HD800 or HD650?  

Quote:
  I've lived with this hum for 5 months now, I can ignore the hum when I listen to LCD2, but unfortunately the main headphone I use is PS1000.
Taboo III is designed specifically for low sensitivity LCD2, so anyone who wants to pair it with high sensitivity headphones should think twice, there is a very good chance you'll get a humming one.

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #1,534 of 2,115
I only heard hum with the volume near maximum.

Oct 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #1,535 of 2,115

Btw, since I've changed my DAC to the PWD2, I also get hum above 80-90% volume on the Taboo. I guess my previous DAC was just giving less voltage to hear any hum. Interestingly there is 0 hum whatsoever on the speaker posts, listening to speakers or Stax via Woo Wee. Also if I switch to the the second line in where nothing is connected, there's no hum even at max volumes.

I guess it's "normal" after all with the Taboo. On my LCD-3s - I would never listen to those volumes anyway where the hum becomes audible.

Oct 5, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #1,536 of 2,115

Btw, since I've changed my DAC to the PWD2, I also get hum above 80-90% volume on the Taboo. I guess my previous DAC was just giving less voltage to hear any hum. Interestingly there is 0 hum whatsoever on the speaker posts, listening to speakers or Stax via Woo Wee. Also if I switch to the the second line in where nothing is connected, there's no hum even at max volumes.

I guess it's "normal" after all with the Taboo. On my LCD-3s - I would never listen to those volumes anyway where the hum becomes audible.

No way I would ever listen at that volume. I barely got past 9 (Assuming the screw on the volume knob was at 6-7 for 0 volume and 4-5 for max)

Oct 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #1,538 of 2,115
I guess I would say it was more hiss than hum. I do not believe it was transformer related.

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #1,539 of 2,115
I've got a low level hum with old lucid mode engaged and a higher level of hum with new lucid mode engaged.  No reduction if I use cheater plugs.  If I turn off all lucid modes there is no hum.  Therefore I just think it is just part of the experience.  I may not even hear hum with less efficient headphones or balanced mode.  Waiting to get the ADs before I decide on my next headphone.  No complaints about sound quality though.  Decware amps are dynamic and lively with speakers or headphones.     

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #1,540 of 2,115
Taboo just come back safely from Steve. Steve fixed the knob issue too.  Dead silence between each click now.  I am a happy camper again though can't wait till CSP3 arrives.

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #1,542 of 2,115
My csp3 is in testing! Not long now. Would a Friday delivery be too optimistic?

lol, you are worse than me. 
tongue.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #1,543 of 2,115
Friday isn't impossible. The list tends to get updated in spurts and I don't know how long it would take to get from Decware to Birmingham, but I would "try" not to get my hopes up too much. Of course, that's easier said that done. If you go back and read through this tread, you'll see I was looking for my CSP3 to arrive weeks before it even shipped.

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #1,544 of 2,115
Friday isn't impossible. The list tends to get updated in spurts and I don't know how long it would take to get from Decware to Birmingham, but I would "try" not to get my hopes up too much. Of course, that's easier said that done. If you go back and read through this tread, you'll see I was looking for my CSP3 to arrive weeks before it even shipped.

way to let me down easy lol. They pretty much quit Wednesday of last week, I assume for Decfest, so hopefully they will work extra hard this week to make up 
wink.gif
. Knowing my luck they still haven't gotten in more wood bases. 

Oct 7, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #1,545 of 2,115
My csp3 is in testing! Not long now. Would a Friday delivery be too optimistic?

You will get several updates.  Once you get a notice of shipment you'll be given a UPS tracking number and delivery will probably be 3 or 4 days  not including Sundays.  My CSP 3 remained in the shipping department for a while before shipment.  Next Friday might be more realistic.  Mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back