The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Sep 20, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #5,716 of 9,815
Quote:

I came here a couple weeks ago asking about $30 JVCs

Now look at my sig

A year from now I'll live in a cardboard box full of headphones with no access to electricity

you can bring your burson and hang out

I did the same thing. I went through about 10 pairs in two months just because I had to try out new headphones. I've finally started to slow down, partially due to my wallet hurting 
tongue.gif

Sep 20, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #5,717 of 9,815
machoboy, which version? I just got some DT990/600ohm off another head-fi poster for 200 that should be here Friday. I'm pretty excited, so....brofist.

Sep 20, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #5,718 of 9,815
I got the PRO 250ohm version. My amp selection is pretty mediocre (bounce back and forth between computer recording interfaces and full sized home theater receivers) so I tried to stay in the middle with the ohms, despite the huge "appreciation" thread about the 600 ohms version.

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #5,719 of 9,815
Quote:
do yourself a favour and buy the soloist pair with 650 much better than the 160  IMO

Yyyyyyyeah... I might just be doing that.

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #5,722 of 9,815
Quote:
I did the same thing. I went through about 10 pairs in two months just because I had to try out new headphones. I've finally started to slow down, partially due to my wallet hurting 
tongue.gif

SAME HERE!  I went through like 20 pairs of headphones in the last two years trying to find the "right ones" for me.  I have also started to slow down because of my wallet. 

This thread is the devil though.  And I can't stop checking it each day.

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #5,723 of 9,815
Quote:
SAME HERE!  I went through like 20 pairs of headphones in the last two years trying to find the "right ones" for me.  I have also started to slow down because of my wallet. 

This thread is the devil though.  And I can't stop checking it each day.

Dude, you gotta just plunk down $2G's on some headphones and be done with it. Save yourself the money. 
evil_smiley.gif

It's what did it for me. I want for nothing after the TH900.  
wink_face.gif

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #5,726 of 9,815
Surprised it went for as long as it did. It couldn't have been their intention to put the entire store up for 25% off via giftcard.

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #5,728 of 9,815
Quote:
I am so glad it ended. That deal was haunting my dreams...

Haha me too man. I was seriously considering buying a couple of gift cards.. then I saw that it ended and I breathed a sigh of relief for having put off another headphone purchase for the time being. :)

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #5,729 of 9,815
Well, they got me.  I have a Burson Soloist on the way for $750.

It'd have been tempting to also consider the discount for other headphones, but I'm so happy with the HD650 that at this point, I just want things to drive them.  I just got done building a Bottlehead Crack+Speedball (and it sounds amazing!) and figured I *eventually* wanted a decent solid state amp around ... you know... sometime down the road.  But man, I just couldn't resist.

Also, the Bottlehead is meant for high impedance headphones, and I've also got some low impedance headphones (like the UERM) that I'd like to have something for.  Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back