The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Oct 4, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #26,732 of 35,362
I would highly recommend doing some research on the R3 thread before jumping in. It’s a great price but lots of buyers remorse due to the UI functionality.

+1 Their group on facebook is full of complaining, I was looking to get the R6 but now I will wait until they fix their UI.

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #26,734 of 35,362
I would highly recommend doing some research on the R3 thread before jumping in. It’s a great price but lots of buyers remorse due to the UI functionality.
Thank you for the heads-up. I knew the R3 had some issues but I saw the deal and posted it because it was the cheapest I've seen for the R3. I myself pulled the trigger on the Activo. Fingers crossed it's as good as I hope because there is limited reviews on it.

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #26,735 of 35,362
I actually own and like the R3. Issues are pretty minor, and no DAP is perfect...
Just my 2 cents :)

Oct 4, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #26,737 of 35,362
I actually own and like the R3. Issues are pretty minor, and no DAP is perfect...
Just my 2 cents :)

I was probably a bit unfair in my criticism of the R3. It does A LOT for the price. Some things it does really well including the sound.

The interface experience is very clunky for me but perhaps they can improve on it since it is software. The Tiidal implementation isn’t great but with most entry level DAPs you won’t get wireless let alone Tidal. If you do decide on it just keep your expectations in check.

Oct 4, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #26,738 of 35,362
I was probably a bit unfair in my criticism of the R3. It does A LOT for the price. Some things it does really well including the sound.

The interface experience is very clunky for me but perhaps they can improve on it since it is software. The Tiidal implementation isn’t great but with most entry level DAPs you won’t get wireless let alone Tidal. If you do decide on it just keep your expectations in check.
Just a heads up. but the Hiby R3 from China Might use different firmware from the one sold here/outside China. Not 100% sure of firmware differences, but think Tidal is Not supported in Chinese Version.

Oct 4, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #26,739 of 35,362
Oct 4, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #26,740 of 35,362

I had the R6 and sold it. I loved everything about it except the WiFi. I pretty much stream Tidal exclusively, but Tidal would never work right. I just kept getting the spinning wheel. The R6 had absolutely the worst WiFi I’ve ever seen. It sounded great though when a song came on. I have the X7 gen II, which also doesn’t have great WiFi, but it’s better than R6.

Oct 4, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #26,741 of 35,362
Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #26,744 of 35,362
Also owner of R3, have no issues with it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back