The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 15, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #11,612 of 35,347
I don't have loads of experience with expensive clpsed back cans but I find the AKG K550 impressively open sounding for closed back cans. Great when you need the isolation but dont want to feel boxed in. Some find them overly bright though, it seems you either love them or hate them. Mine seem to be keepers :grinning:

+1, though very finicky fit in my experience. Takes some work to get a proper seal with smaller heads. But sound remarkably open.. very punchy bass for a AKG too. Great bang for the buck headphones IMO.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #11,615 of 35,347
  Creative X7 is on sale for $279 (normally $399)

smile.amazon.com/Sound-Blaster-X7-Resolution-external/dp/B00Q3XLGLU

lol that was fast. weren't they just recently released?

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #11,616 of 35,347
  lol that was fast. weren't they just recently released?

Yup.  IMO, $400 is overpriced and I was expecting a price drop.  I think it's a much more compelling purchase at $280.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #11,618 of 35,347
Still waiting for the $100 HD598 to come back. It's taking a while. Maybe after the 558s, we'll get some 598 news.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #11,619 of 35,347
There's a poll on Massdrop right now for HD800's. It has 1200+ votes and goes back at least 2 months. 3 hours ago, Massdrop updated the page:

"Hi everyone,

Just to keep you all posted, Danny is in talks with Sennheiser so stay posted and keep your fingers crossed!"

Just a possibility. Keep your eyes peeled

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #11,620 of 35,347
Again, I deal with Massdrop, like the concept, but the main thing to me is how much discount they are able to arrange. I generally won't go for things less than 40-50% discount. First, they start with the full list, often the item is available for less than that elsewhere, often at the 10-20% being offered at Massdrop. There is always quite a wait until you get the item, and, if you have problems, you must deal with the dealer, Massdrop is out of the picture. To me, these make it not worth it until the discount gets high enough, greater than 50% ideal, but 40% I'll consider. Of course, that's me, I like having someone aside from the manufacturer to deal with on a new item.

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #11,621 of 35,347
If you guys haven't heard of Jet.com yet it's worth checking into. It's kind of like an online Sam's club or Cosco and they say all their prices will be 7-10% less than the lowest prices of Amazon. I don't know yet if they will offer headphones/audio equipment, but if you sign up in the next 20 days you get a free 6 month membership. Otherwise I believe it is $50 a year.

Worth a shot...here's the 6 month sign up link:

https://jet.com/#/ji/cnzmj

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #11,622 of 35,347
  If you guys haven't heard of Jet.com yet it's worth checking into. It's kind of like an online Sam's club or Cosco and they say all their prices will be 7-10% less than the lowest prices of Amazon. I don't know yet if they will offer headphones/audio equipment, but if you sign up in the next 20 days you get a free 6 month membership. Otherwise I believe it is $50 a year.

Red flag warning--read the fine print.  This looks like a pyramid or worse to me.

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #11,623 of 35,347
 Red flag warning--read the fine print.  This looks like a pyramid or worse to me.

Hm, really? I read about it on Gizmodo or Verge...figured it was legit. I still signed up with my secondary email. Eh, I don't really raise eyebrows until they ask me to put in my cc info :wink:

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #11,624 of 35,347

I don't even have to click on it.  That looks like a referral link to me, so I'm good.

But if anyone else wants to give it a try, I'll happily live vicariously through you.
popcorn.gif

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #11,625 of 35,347
Jesus you guys are paranoid. The sign up is right there on the front page of Jet.com.

And as a correction I read the article on IGN.com, I'm pretty sure a site that big wouldn't report on a pyramid scheme.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/01/13/jetcom-is-doing-to-amazon-what-costco-did-to-walmart

But yeah nobody is forcing anyone to sign up, so like...don't if you don't want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back