The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Apr 19, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #14,177 of 35,346
  eh... the v-moda house sound is pretty similar. the m100s are nicer than the lp2 and have less bloated bass and not as much bass emphasis, but overall, don't be expecting too drastic of a change.

I don't mind them being really bassy, just that they're more balanced. For that price though I can always re-sell them and get my money back.

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #14,178 of 35,346
  I don't mind them being really bassy, just that they're more balanced. For that price though I can always re-sell them and get my money back.

ya, for sure. I actually really enjoyed the M100s when I had it. One of my favorite mid-fi basshead-type headphones. They are more balanced than the LP series. Just don't be expecting something along the lines of the M80s or XS in terms of balance. The V-Moda over-ears all have a pretty significant bass boost.

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #14,179 of 35,346
ya, for sure. I actually really enjoyed the M100s when I had it. One of my favorite mid-fi basshead-type headphones. They are more balanced than the LP series. Just don't be expecting something along the lines of the M80s or XS in terms of balance. The V-Moda over-ears all have a pretty significant bass boost.

Yeah...The M100's are nice but the M80s are better to my ears; was ecstatic to get a pair for $40 last year when Rat Shack cleared them out -- still consider it my best headphone bargain!

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #14,180 of 35,346
You need a usb power supply or something like a hifimediy usb isolator.

You could also try switching out your Laptop to E10 USB cable....my guess is a bad cable or one with poor shielding is the most likely fault.  Soundsgoodtome is right, the Tripp-Lite will not help.

Thanks for the info. Saves me the trouble of buying/returning the Tripp-Lite.

I did try a different USB cable awhile back, but that didn't work. Then again, I didn't know what to look for in a USB cable at the time.

I'll look at the usb power supply / usb isolator. The hifimediy looks like a solution based on what I'm reading.

Apr 19, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #14,181 of 35,346
Yeah...The M100's are nice but the M80s are better to my ears; was ecstatic to get a pair for $40 last year when Rat Shack cleared them out -- still consider it my best headphone bargain!

I'm still enjoying my M80s also. I had a $10 off coupon so mine cost a whopping $30 + tax. Best deal I've ever gotten on headphones.

Apr 19, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #14,182 of 35,346
Thanks for the info. Saves me the trouble of buying/returning the Tripp-Lite.

I did try a different USB cable awhile back, but that didn't work. Then again, I didn't know what to look for in a USB cable at the time.

I'll look at the usb power supply / usb isolator. The hifimediy looks like a solution based on what I'm reading.

The samp amp, usb, and IEMs that are causing a buzz with a different computer. You need to rules out items one think at a time. First, change the USB cable (which you say you did). Now change the computer. If you still have the buz, try different headphones. Finally, you may have an issue with the amp itself.

Apr 19, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #14,183 of 35,346
The samp amp, usb, and IEMs that are causing a buzz with a different computer. You need to rules out items one think at a time. First, change the USB cable (which you say you did). Now change the computer. If you still have the buz, try different headphones. Finally, you may have an issue with the amp itself.

I was about to buy that Tripp-Lite before I was told otherwise. I definitely should narrow it down like you showed. I hope I can figure it out. The buzzing sure does ruin some IEMs for me.

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #14,186 of 35,346
Try a different outlet somewhere else in the house away from other electronics or appliances.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. Still trying to figure it out.  Unplugging my laptop from the outlet solves the issue. Buzzing comes back when plugged in. I might get that hifimediy usb isolator you mentioned earlier.

Does that usb isolator ever go on sale? The need isn't urgent, so I could wait.

at earplug, if uts a tube amp u wld want to check if the tubes are seated properly as well.

No tube amp. Just a Fiio E10.

Apr 20, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #14,188 of 35,346

Unfortunately, that didn't work. Still trying to figure it out.  Unplugging my laptop from the outlet solves the issue. Buzzing comes back when plugged in. I might get that hifimediy usb isolator you mentioned earlier.

I'm actually thinking that if you touching it can stop the buzzing, it could have to do with minute vibrations causing some weird issue in the internal components. One can buy isolating feet for gear, but they might be too big for the E10. 

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #14,189 of 35,346

It's probably a group loop. You should move this discussion (a new post) to a different thread. There are many more variables, like brand of computer, brand of power supply, three prong vs 2 prong, other peripherals that might be connected. Google "audio ground loop hum laptop" and your brand of laptop and see if you get any hits.

While we all want to help, this thread is for deals. So, let's shop!

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #14,190 of 35,346
  I'm actually thinking that if you touching it can stop the buzzing, it could have to do with minute vibrations causing some weird issue in the internal components. One can buy isolating feet for gear, but they might be too big for the E10. 

It sounds mostly like ground loop problems with a cheap laptop transformer.

http://www.audioholics.com/home-theater-connection/ground-loops-eliminating-system-hum-and-buzz

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back