The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
May 9, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #4,805 of 35,347
Audio Technica ESW9a for $99 with free shipping.

Coupon code: 13149521
http://www.cowboom.com/product/1314952

(via Slickdeals)

I heard these briefly at Magnolia and liked what I heard.  I can't spend money on these right now or I'd be all over this.

May 9, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #4,807 of 35,347
Looks like cheapest is $135 preowned. Had I not jumped on the onkyos last week I might of jumped on the esw9a even at $135 
frown.gif

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 9, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #4,808 of 35,347
One of these days, I should listen to one of the more respected AT cans.  I only own one of theirs, and I suspect it is not a good indication of their house sound, although I do find it enjoyable.  Beautiful little thing too.

May 9, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #4,809 of 35,347
  One of these days, I should listen to one of the more respected AT cans.  I only own one of theirs, and I suspect it is not a good indication of their house sound, although I do find it enjoyable.  Beautiful little thing too.

The M50's sound nothing like the wooden ones they sell at BestBuy. 

May 9, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #4,813 of 35,347
  Audio Technica ESW9a for $99 with free shipping.

Coupon code: 13149521
http://www.cowboom.com/product/1314952

(via Slickdeals)

I heard these briefly at Magnolia and liked what I heard.  I can't spend money on these right now or I'd be all over this.

Just for clarification, this price is for a used set?

I bought a new pair when they were on sale for around $135 several months ago. I really love the sound signature. I can't remember whether that was from Amazon, Cowboom, or somewhere else.

At that price, there seemed to be enough to go around. Stock lasted for a couple of days at least, IIRC.

Every now and then I'll see these come up for $99 at Cowboom, but they'll disappear just like that.

So I'm wondering if this great price is for an odd used set that they have in stock. Sort of like how Amazon warehouse deals has one-off prices for unique used sets. Once that set is sold, that price is gone.

Is that what's happening?

I've been wanting to get a second set, but whenever I see there are Audio Technica ESW9a's for $99 at Cowboom, they are always gone very shortly after they're posted.

May 9, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #4,814 of 35,347

Umm, it didn't say on Slickdeals, but the link took me to a used set, so I assume.  I imagine they go quickly because they're on Slickdeals, not because there's only one.  But it could always be a bit of both...

May 9, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #4,815 of 35,347
Umm, it didn't say on Slickdeals, but the link took me to a used set, so I assume.  I imagine they go quickly because they're on Slickdeals, not because there's only one.  But it could always be a bit of both...

Well, link took me directly to Cowboom, but yeah, you're right. Coupon code is only good for the new sets, which they're sold out of.

Guess they just go really fast and you have to be at the right place at the right time. Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back