The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion thread
Jun 17, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #76 of 519
  UPS... Gotta hate them... Delivery was scheduled to this morning... until this morning. They are now nicely waiting for me some 30 miles out of Paris since 7:30AM and probably won't be delivered before tomorrow afternoon. I call that playing with my nerves!

BTW, thanks Piotr for the state of art work! It looks really really good (on picture :D)

they might deliver it today then…..had the same thing….they wait until the last moment of the day! Or go to Chilly Mazarin and yell at their building 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #79 of 519
Jun 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #80 of 519

Hi guys, Just received my Harmony 8 pro today and have been listening for hours. Even now H8p is still in my ears. Thanks Piotr! It is absolutely a master work!

This is not my first silicon CIEM (I had an ACS T1 before I had it remolded) but H8p still amazed me because it fits just more than 100% and ACS was much smaller. However, I do not feel uncomfortable at all although H8p goes very deep in the ear.

All shipping items: Harmony 8 pro, clean tool, Peli 1010 carry case, a little nylon case with my ear impressions in it and desiccant. I sent Piotr two ear impressions for the H8p does not fit everyone’s ear. Piotr was then not sure if my ear would be ok for H8p or not. In this case I sent him two impressions and he returned both back to me with my H8p, very thoughtful!

Building quality: it is absolutely the best built silicon CIEM I’ve ever seen. Spiral Ears also makes very qualified silicon shells but not as beautiful as this one….>_^

Isolation & fit: as I said before it is over 100% fitted but without feeling sick at all. In other words, it offers an unbelievable isolation over 35-40 db I think….I just can’t hear a single words from my girlfriend when the music starts. She has to shout to me…Oh no, I don’t mean to make her shout… XDDDD

Sound:

Finally we come to the sound. It is quite balanced with a little bit bass emphasized. Piotr sent an E-mail to me to introduce the H8 pro (my former order was H8). He told me that the H8 pro vision was added with extra 15db.  So the +15db in treble seems to me just awesome, not too bright, not too dark. The treble offers a very high class clarity and transparency. The entire middle freq sounds totally smooth and enhances perfect with the high freq. The mezzo-soprano is just like drugs. I really cannot stop listening (Album: Das Lied von der Erde/ Christa Ludwig, Kollo, Bernstein)…. The bass tastes not light but colored with scale and reverberation and it goes a little bit up to the mid to support the male vocal.

I tested it with iphone 5, Fiio X3, my desk system (M2tech hiface EVO + TC BMC-2 + Violectric V200) and McIntosh C24 preamp.
With iphone 5: I have to say it performed poor with iPhone (I also tried Samsung S4 of my GF, No!).
With X3: it performed much more ordinary, everything goes well except the sound stage, still a little bit crowded (it is also the problem of this DAP).
With my desk system: everything turns perfect, large scale, beautiful separation, analytic with fun. With C24: it goes a little bit rough, and also too much bass.

Advices: You need a clear and powerful DAP to feed H8pro… totally different IEMs when different DAPs are used!!

Shot comparison with VE6Xcontrol:

Both IEMs offer world class sound. The VE6Xcontrol equipped with 6BA driver and double 4-way-crossovers. H8p sounds very similar with the VE6X1 vision. VE6X1 offers the sound that is warm but still crystal transparent and very bright which makes people happy. H8pro is a little bit colder and more analytic, just a little bit, H8p is still a warm IEM. You got a bit more details in treble, especially the locations of different instruments. VE6X1 sounds more natural, dynamic and relaxed.  I will write more in my VE6Xcontrol review, which will coming soon.

I would like to say thank you again Piotr, thanks for your great work, looking forward to your following creation!!

Jun 17, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #81 of 519
They look awesome!

And I'm reassured, my "wow moment" wasn't an illusion!! :)

thanks for the detailed review so far! Let's hear more!!

While reading your words I realized I didn't even try mine on my sedentary station!!!! I was too occupied listening on the Dx50! :)

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #83 of 519
Hahaha!! Actually I am a ultra-trier!! that means I'd like to check every "phone out" on hand for my every new IEM and also headphone....I must be crazy....XDDD

You are not the only one:laughing:
I have no money left from trying:scream:
Thanks for your review, cant wait for mine now:)

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #84 of 519
Looking forward to getting the H8 Pro myself.  Impressions appt tomorrow.. then off to Piotr.  If I could've hung onto my JH13 FP longer, I'd offer comparisons there.. but the UERM will have to do.

wink_face.gif

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #85 of 519
  Hi guys, Just received my Harmony 8 pro today and have been listening for hours. Even now H8p is still in my ears. Thanks Piotr! It is absolutely a master work!

This is not my first silicon CIEM (I had an ACS T1 before I had it remolded) but H8p still amazed me because it fits just more than 100% and ACS was much smaller. However, I do not feel uncomfortable at all although H8p goes very deep in the ear.

All shipping items: Harmony 8 pro, clean tool, Peli 1010 carry case, a little nylon case with my ear impressions in it and desiccant. I sent Piotr two ear impressions for the H8p does not fit everyone’s ear. Piotr was then not sure if my ear would be ok for H8p or not. In this case I sent him two impressions and he returned both back to me with my H8p, very thoughtful!

Building quality: it is absolutely the best built silicon CIEM I’ve ever seen. Spiral Ears also makes very qualified silicon shells but not as beautiful as this one….>_^

Isolation & fit: as I said before it is over 100% fitted but without feeling sick at all. In other words, it offers an unbelievable isolation over 35-40 db I think….I just can’t hear a single words from my girlfriend when the music starts. She has to shout to me…Oh no, I don’t mean to make her shout… XDDDD

Sound:

Finally we come to the sound. It is quite balanced with a little bit bass emphasized. Piotr sent an E-mail to me to introduce the H8 pro (my former order was H8). He told me that the H8 pro vision was added with extra 15db.  So the +15db in treble seems to me just awesome, not too bright, not too dark. The treble offers a very high class clarity and transparency. The entire middle freq sounds totally smooth and enhances perfect with the high freq. The mezzo-soprano is just like drugs. I really cannot stop listening (Album: Das Lied von der Erde/ Christa Ludwig, Kollo, Bernstein)…. The bass tastes not light but colored with scale and reverberation and it goes a little bit up to the mid to support the male vocal.

I tested it with iphone 5, Fiio X3, my desk system (M2tech hiface EVO + TC BMC-2 + Violectric V200) and McIntosh C24 preamp.
With iphone 5: I have to say it performed poor with iPhone (I also tried Samsung S4 of my GF, No!).
With X3: it performed much more ordinary, everything goes well except the sound stage, still a little bit crowded (it is also the problem of this DAP).
With my desk system: everything turns perfect, large scale, beautiful separation, analytic with fun. With C24: it goes a little bit rough, and also too much bass.

Advices: You need a clear and powerful DAP to feed H8pro… totally different IEMs when different DAPs are used!!

Shot comparison with VE6Xcontrol:

Both IEMs offer world class sound. The VE6Xcontrol equipped with 6BA driver and double 4-way-crossovers. H8p sounds very similar with the VE6X1 vision. VE6X1 offers the sound that is warm but still crystal transparent and very bright which makes people happy. H8pro is a little bit colder and more analytic, just a little bit, H8p is still a warm IEM. You got a bit more details in treble, especially the locations of different instruments. VE6X1 sounds more natural, dynamic and relaxed.  I will write more in my VE6Xcontrol review, which will coming soon.

I would like to say thank you again Piotr, thanks for your great work, looking forward to your following creation!!

Thanks for the review but it seems you go in great detail on the VE earphone explaining how many drivers and cross overs and how well it is but I didnt see any details on the H8P. Also it seems you are saying it is not easy to drive the H8P. You mentioned it doesnt sound good on your phone nor the X3 but it sounds good on a home non portable source. I placed an order for the H8P and I do believe it will be a good earphone but I will be using it mostly as a portable earphone and reading this it leaves me wondering what DAP I would need and it seemed lacking in details whats in the H8P.

Jun 18, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #86 of 519
I'm pretty worried too now, since I'm gonna be using them with a Sony F887, which is not known to be a power monster... Although whoever? will soon test the ZX1 and give us his feedback!

Jun 18, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #87 of 519
  I'm pretty worried too now, since I'm gonna be using them with a Sony F887, which is not known to be a power monster... Although whoever? will soon test the ZX1 and give us his feedback!

yep....

but guys, it works pretty damn well with a DX50 straight out the line......so please be patient and see with your sources before loosing your faith! 
beerchug.gif
 always trust your own ears !

Jun 18, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #88 of 519
While I think Sansa Cip Zip is too weak for Harmony 8 I have personally great time listening from HTC One M8.
Although when I listened from Schiit's DAC combined with Lyr the result was much better than portable. But I think that would be the case for every single TOTL IEM, wouldn't it?

Jun 18, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #90 of 519
Im sure it'll excel with any of the new TOTL daps like dx90,x5,901 or the upcoming like Plenue etc..sansa will be great along my rsa shadow too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back