The Cubilux HC-1 impressions thread
Dec 11, 2019 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4
Lately if been rocking this wonderful little USB-C dongle:

Screenshot_20191211-224118_Chrome.jpg

It's really a great performing dongle and the best one in my small collection so far. Because of its performance a think it deserves a dedicated thread so here we go :)

Link to the Amazon US listing with more information:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T3BS2Y5?tag=3340693-headfi-20

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 4
Reserved for future detailed impressions and review.

Here's my initial impressions:

I've had the Cubilux for about a month now and have mainly used it with IEM's (LZ A6 and A6 mini, NiceHCK NX7 Pro and a few other) so far.

The general sound signature is highly detailed with great resolution without sounding bright. I wouldn't say that it's particularly warm sound either but rather neutral with great bass impact. In short it's a very clean and clear sounding device.

It's powerful enough to drive the AKG Q701 and still doesn't give any unwanted background hiss with easy to drive IEM's. This tells me that it's a very well implemented design.

Recently I did also purchase the TempoTec V1 digital transport with USB-C and coaxial outputs. The combination of these two devices (about $140 in total) gives a DAP that keeps up very well with mid tier DAPs like the Opus #1 and #1S for a much lesser cost.

I'm going to try the Cubilux with a wider range of headphones and IEM's in the next couple of weeks and also compare it to the Hidizs Sonata HD and Venture Electronics Odyssey USB-C dongles. If I'm lucky the Zorloo Ztella will also show up and be included in the comparison. I'll probably put it up against some portable dac/amp devices as well as I think its performance is more on level with those than with the few other dongles I've heard so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back