The ControlTalk cables of Beats fully work on other headphones!
Mar 15, 2012 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

joeylw

Head-Fier
I was just messing around today and I discovered after plugging my brother's Beats Solo HD cord into my Monoprice 8323 (which I love about as much as my ATM50) and the controls worked! Does it work with all headphones with a standard plug, or are the Monoprice headphones an anomally? If the cables work with more headphones I am ecstatic because this makes my search for 2 good pairs of travel headphones with Apple controls for my wife and I much better. I can look for headphones with a standard 3.5mm port (I think that is what the standard port is anyways) and get a cable with the controls separately or I can find headphones with the 3 button mic already.

Does anyone know a decent place online to find 3 button mic cables with standard headphone connectors at both ends that are cheaper then $25? 

BTW sorry about my NOOBery (I bet this is common knowledge here), but I was trying to explain to my wife and brother just how cool I thought this was and neither of them cared. I had to vent a little of my excitement out somewhere.

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 4
it's not that surprising, the control talk system is somewhat separate from the headphones themselves.  The control talk system only happens to piggy-back on the same cable.  Cables with in-line microphones from beats or any other type of headphone can be re-wired/plugged in onto any other type of headphone and they should work.

something like this?
http://www.hflshop.net/iphone-batteries/210/

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #3 of 4
From appearance the V-Moda Crossfade LP, LP2, M80, and V80 also have standard connection into the headphone. Can anyone with any of these confirm this? That would be another option for 3 button mic cables.

May 16, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #4 of 4
Thank you so much that you brought it out. I was wondering if this monoprise headphones are worth buying (control panel is very important to me =)) and you answered my question. Thank you so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back