THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Oct 30, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #1,006 of 3,387
Have you heard of Clear mg? it is probably better than composer.

You must be joking! :wink: The Clear Mg is a nice headphones for its price but far inferior to the Composer in every respect.

Cheers,
Bernie

Oct 30, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #1,007 of 3,387
No. Far from it. You still did not hear the Composer and just keep throwing out nonsense.

Oct 30, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #1,008 of 3,387
I wonder what this assumption is based on.
You didn’t hear the composer nor did anyone who heard both suggest that thr Clear MG might be superior

Oct 30, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #1,010 of 3,387
my friend, you have been saying the whole time here that everyone should listen to the composer and make sure how good the headphones are, and beat utopia, similar bullshhit .. why should we expect salvation from him, when they made the K812 and k872 and people were never interested these headphones, except for those who have no idea what full and good sound quality means. then when someone listens to composer and says that the utopia is much better, it is obviously much better, because it costs twice as much. you come with the stupid measurements, you are a funny figure. at least it cannot be taken seriously. obviously you do it because the makers of the headphones are among your friends, but unfortunately you can't fool people with that. sorry for my blunt honesty.
That's not blunt honesty at all - it's abuse.

Oct 30, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #1,011 of 3,387
You must be joking! :wink: The Clear Mg is a nice headphones for its price but far inferior to the Composer in every respect.

Cheers,
Bernie

Composer sounds also better as our marblestone 🤣😉🤪

NOMAX

PS.lol

Oct 30, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #1,012 of 3,387
Composer sounds also better as our marblestone 🤣😉🤪

NOMAX

PS.lol
In that case I will gladly take the burden of the Marblestone from you 🤣

Oct 30, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #1,013 of 3,387
Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #1,014 of 3,387
I have had many moments of complete fulfillment with Stealth. Even now!
It's very exciting in a different way than Utopia.
I hope the Composer can do something like that too.

It's quite simple...if you know the Utopia OG and are looking for a larger room representation as well as more body/more energy in the low end,
should take a closer look and listen to the Composer 👍
(And I think there are many enthusiasts arround the world who have long wished for something like this 😎)

NOMAX

PS.lol
It’s this talk that bothers me. I don’t think everyone who loved the original Utopia will find the Composer to their liking. Perhaps some will. I really see this more for Stealth lovers and people who prefer more analytic headphone. Think you might be overhyping this headphone. No one headphone suits everyone. But I do know you’re a big fan of the Utopia and the Stealth, so what you say is truthful in your mind. But for me, I have a hard time understanding how somehow how likes the Utopia can also really like the Stealth too. Or vice versa. What I like in the Utopia others have stated its exact reason they hate them.

Oct 30, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #1,015 of 3,387
Sorry, I might have been a little hash. You do say to take a closer look and listen. And I actually have no problem with that. I just don’t feel as confident as you do that they’ll chose the Composer over the Utopia. Maybe as a complimentary headphone. I only keep one headphone in my line up and the Composer would not be the one I would choose over the Utopia. I chose the Caldera but I could also eaisly go back to the Utopia and be just as happy. I would miss the nice wooden cups.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #1,016 of 3,387
It’s this talk that bothers me. I don’t think everyone who loved the original Utopia will find the Composer to their liking. Perhaps some will. I really see this more for Stealth lovers and people who prefer more analytic headphone. Think you might be overhyping this headphone. No one headphone suits everyone. But I do know you’re a big fan of the Utopia and the Stealth, so what you say is truthful in your mind. But for me, I have a hard time understanding how somehow how likes the Utopia can also really like the Stealth too. Or vice versa. What I like in the Utopia others have stated its exact reason they hate them.

How many have whined that the Utopia has them too little bass/energy in the low end?
How many have complained that the space/stage seems too small to them?
How many said he was too expensive for them?
If you put one and one together you will say that this is the real deal for the advertised price 😉
Provided you like the Utopia...just as I still do these days
(If you like dark sounding...you are wrong with the Composer😎)

NOMAX

PS.Well, I still think that the Composer has more in common with the Utopia than with the Stealth
And who sees and hear it differently than me...also no problem 👍

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #1,017 of 3,387
Yes, the same day I tried Clear, too; I was on the verge of getting a pair...but perhaps next year or so :)
I was completely amazed by the Focals in general. I don't dare to say if they are better than Composer. I would personally take Clear before Composer because of the excitement they provide me while listening. I only think it's not fair to exaggerate to the point of comparing Composer to Utopia. My heart had a rate of 150 beats per minute while listening to Utopia. While listening to Composer, I was almost bored.

In my opinion, Utopia is a monster, in a good way. I saw Nomax had a rant on the new Yamaha while I was reading the thread, and without any reason to do so...but he did. He was cynical and just wanted to spoil the party. I couldn't understand where that came from. And now, I don't believe what I am reading about this comparison of Composer and Utopia. If you ask me, it's a complete mental mess.

How I feel about Composer: very interesting headphones, and that's all, nothing against them. I don't want to say anything bad about them; I leave it for others, but I will say again...to say it's on par with Utopia is ridiculous, from any point, not only soundwise, especially when you have such a lousy opinion about Yamaha YH-5000SE, it's not worth of reading comments anymore.

Cheers!

Oct 30, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #1,019 of 3,387
How many have whined that the Utopia has them too little bass/energy in the low end?
How many have complained that the space/stage seems too small to them?
How many said he was too expensive for them?
If you put one and one together you will say that this is the real deal for the advertised price 😉
Provided you like the Utopia...just as I still do these days
(If you like dark sounding...you are wrong with the Composer😎)

NOMAX

PS.Well, I still think that the Composer has more in common with the Utopia than with the Stealth
And who sees and hear it differently than me...also no problem 👍
Get what you’re saying but to me it’s doesn’t even sound like the same headphone. The Composer does have a big soundstage and very good sub bass but it doesn’t have anything for me that makes me like the Utopia. Where’s the excitement. Where’s the punch. I heard a pretty neutral open headphone that will appeal to many. I personally think the Caldera answers the call for people that still want an exciting headphone with sub bass and slightly bigger soundstage. And if they want something with an even bigger soundstage, Caldera with thick pads at the cost of a bit of the extra excitement. I know you have something against ZMF, so you’d never recommend them.

And once against, I’m not trying to talk people out of this. I just think the angle of trying to pitch to current Utopia owners is a setup for disappointment.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #1,020 of 3,387
Yes, the same day I tried Clear, too; I was on the verge of getting a pair...but perhaps next year or so :)
I was completely amazed by the Focals in general. I don't dare to say if they are better than Composer. I would personally take Clear before Composer because of the excitement they provide me while listening. I only think it's not fair to exaggerate to the point of comparing Composer to Utopia. My heart had a rate of 150 beats per minute while listening to Utopia. While listening to Composer, I was almost bored.

In my opinion, Utopia is a monster, in a good way. I saw Nomax had a rant on the new Yamaha while I was reading the thread, and without any reason to do so...but he did. He was cynical and just wanted to spoil the party. I couldn't understand where that came from. And now, I don't believe what I am reading about this comparison of Composer and Utopia. If you ask me, it's a complete mental mess.

How I feel about Composer: very interesting headphones, and that's all, nothing against them. I don't want to say anything bad about them; I leave it for others, but I will say again...to say it's on par with Utopia is ridiculous, from any point, not only soundwise, especially when you have such a lousy opinion about Yamaha YH-5000SE, it's not worth of reading comments anymore.

Cheers!
I completely understand what you are saying, it is clear that you are right, utopia is not an opponent not only of composer, but not of a dynamic one, not even of many planar ones. In this thread, only one person said that Composer is better than utopia, can you guess that?😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back