I only have the Beyer DT1990

NOMAX

PS.lol

Only graphs ... :relaxed: :sunglasses::upside_down:

Thanks to Oratory1990 :heart_eyes:
AE Composer   Beyer DT1990.png

Oct 26, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #919 of 3,358
Considering graph K812 had good bass, why did I sell it?:smirk:IMG_8677.jpeg
I dunno, the green line represents good Bass.
K812 deviates quite a lot from it

Oct 26, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #920 of 3,358
It is exactly what I wrote - the same ancient driver a little bit updated (not necessary made better, since it takes longer to produce the old version of that driver). All those highest possible standard claims is just marketing bull.... for naïve people.

The chart is above.
1698308596120.png
And compare with the Composer.
1698308729069.png
1. You seem to be ignoring much info about the NDH 30 (at your loss or for your own reasons). Please inform your self well before taking about "b.." or naivety.
2. You "sound" completely unaware(!) of the sound quality level of the NDH 30.
3. Why have you used the HD-800S FR, and not the NDH 30 at the last picture??
Anyway, when you superimpose the FR of the Composer and the NDH 30, aligning their broad midrange as you must, you will see that the bass response of latter is clearly above the bass response of the first, even with the NDH 30 roll off. Things reverse only below, 20-30 Hz.
This is not significant though, it is only a coarse way to predict their relative response. It must be verified by listening. I am not ready to select one or the other without listening (without prejudices).

Oct 26, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #921 of 3,358
Considering graph K812 had good bass, why did I sell it?:smirk:

Because he is technically poor 🙈for the present time and much too bright 😝 in Comparison to........
(He had his time....same as HD800)
In terms of design,construction, however, he is still years ahead of many others🤣👍

Listen to it yourself in comparison (not from the memory).....you will be amazed how big the difference is tonally and technically 😉
And everything else are just guesses
(The Composer has nothing in common with the K812 from its performance for me personally )

Since we have today's national holiday in Austria I put now my HE1 on my head,which has gotten too little playing time from me recently
Nice Day to all 👍....And especially have fun discussing🤪

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #922 of 3,358

It is also available in English:
https://stereoguide.com/headphones/...it-sounds-with-the-new-astellkern-kann-ultra/

Btw, I fully agree with this:
"Needless to say, you can expect a balanced, audiophile tuning from a high-end headphone in the 2,500-euro class, and in this case, you get it convincingly. The really surprising, outstanding points are the outstanding room imaging, the overtone resolution bought without any harshness or coolness and this extremely clean, deep bass."

Cheers,
Bernie

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #923 of 3,358
@xxx1313 Don't worry they will figure it out when they listen to it😉
(How long did it take you?4 min?6min?😂)

NOMAX

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #924 of 3,358
dunno, the green line represents good Bass.
K812 deviates quite a lot from it
As far as I remember, the green line doesn't represents "good" bass by itself. It only represents the result of the research where this amount of bass was preferred by more people. Some people prefer much less, a few more. I personally feel that Harman-like headphones Dan Clark Audio Stealth have too much bass.
1. You seem to be ignoring much info about the NDH 30 (at your loss or for your own reasons). Please inform your self well before taking about "b.." or naivety.
2. You "sound" completely unaware(!) of the sound quality level of the NDH 30.
3. Why have you used the HD-800S FR, and not the NDH 30 at the last picture??
Anyway, when you superimpose the FR of the Composer and the NDH 30, aligning their broad midrange as you must, you will see that the bass response of latter is clearly above the bass response of the first, even with the NDH 30 roll off. Things reverse only below, 20-30 Hz.
This is not significant though, it is only a coarse way to predict their relative response. It must be verified by listening. I am not ready to select one or the other without listening (without prejudices).
1. I don't.
2. I'm aware. Not that good.
3. Because I don't have one and the one I showed proved my point - the bass of the NDN 30 rolls off like typical dynamic driver headphones, nothing special. The Composer doesn't roll off like that. The pictures showed just that, not more, not less.
4. The good bass is deep bass. A big amount of mid bass is not not "good" bass or better.
There seems to be quite a few hardcore fanboys of those NDN 30 (quite aggressive too). Good headphones, but nothing more.

I wasn't very excited by the design of the Composer nor by that strange promotional campaign by Nomax, but now after seeing measurements I'm gonna buy one.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #925 of 3,358
As far as I remember, the green line doesn't represents "good" bass by itself. It only represents the result of the research where this amount of bass was preferred by more people
Which means according to the research it's a good amount of Bass for the majority of listeners.

For me personally even Harman Bass is not enough when listening at pleasant volume.

Oct 26, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #926 of 3,358
Because he is technically poor 🙈for the present time and much too bright 😝 in Comparison to........
(He had his time....same as HD800)
In terms of design,construction, however, he is still years ahead of many others🤣👍
We just need someone to step up and start offering driver mods for the K812s. Maybe an in house Austrian Audio side project. :thinking:

( EQ is only the manipulation of the signal not the headphones ) :sunglasses:

Oct 26, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #927 of 3,358
Which means according to the research it's a good amount of Bass for the majority of listeners.

For me personally even Harman Bass is not enough when listening at pleasant volume.
With most good recordings I feel
that headphones with a bass range tuned between flat and Harman tunning sound the most balanced/natural. It also depends on their behaviour at the other side of the spectrum.
If I absolutely had to choose between Harman bass and straight line (flat) bass I would choose the latter.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #929 of 3,358
I only have the Beyer DT1990

NOMAX

PS.lol
Lol..you edited out your comment about NDH30 is a POS not worth more than $200. I know you are a MoT (or an affiliate thereof) so I completely understand where you come from. It's okay; no need to hide your bias.

Oct 26, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #930 of 3,358
I can imagine if K812 had a bass version. These would be cool headphones for the price and quality.
I still have my K872, which are slightly more user friendly with a tad less emphasis in the upper regions and being closed a bit more bass which makes them a tad warmer but still more an analytical phone.
As I mentioned earlier, if the Composer is indeed leaning more toward the musical appreciation and not the technical side it should be a nice phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back