THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Oct 23, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #856 of 3,364
Yes therefore listen....I no longer notice anything of the weaknesses of the K812😉...its over 10 years ago also 😎

NOMAX
I will try when I get a chance - this is just not one of those “shut up and take my money”’kind of offering.

Oct 23, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #857 of 3,364
So now as we have the measurements, people that were so desperate to see them must have been relieved, and hopefully must have come to a conclusion and to their senses about whether Composer is for them or not. Hopefully, we can now move on from that point.

Oct 23, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #859 of 3,364
Good enough for me if I were held hostage to a stock FR. However with oratory's profile I bet it sounds just as airy and more punchy because its more of the total package than simply a "unique FR flavor" that creates these nuances that makes HP different from one another. Still curious to see distortion though, hopefully it performs like a well designed DD does.

Attractive unique design, build quality seems good, serviceability seems good, FR is good enough, magnetic pads.....curious in tryin this one day.

Will be curious what you think @DarginMahkum

Oct 23, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #860 of 3,364
I will try when I get a chance - this is just not one of those “shut up and take my money”’kind of offering.

👍

The nice thing about the Composer is...when you have your Susvara as well as Utopia next to it and hear that you immediately notice how much more comes from below 😉
You don't even need Golden Ears for that 😎
(A bass monster is the Viennese against it told me a friend who has compared his Hifiman with it😂)

NOMAX

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #861 of 3,364
Good enough for me if I were held hostage to a stock FR. However with oratory's profile I bet it sounds just as airy and more punchy because its more of the total package than simply a "unique FR flavor" that creates these nuances that makes HP different from one another. Still curious to see distortion though, hopefully it performs like a well designed DD does.

Attractive unique design, build quality seems good, serviceability seems good, FR is good enough, magnetic pads.....curious in tryin this one day.

Will be curious what you think @DarginMahkum

And then you tell us is the composer too cheap or others too expensive when you compare it side by side 😉
(In terms of tonal as well as technical performance, as well as construction, workmanship, material appearance and wearing comfort,cables)

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #862 of 3,364
And then you tell us is the composer too cheap or others too expensive when you compare it side by side 😉
(In terms of tonal as well as technical performance, as well as construction, workmanship, material appearance and wearing comfort,cables)

NOMAX

PS.lol

Send me one and I'll confirm ! Question, what do you call that color though ? Its like a steel blue ? Blue grey ? GRALUE ?

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #864 of 3,364
I paused for a few days and did not listen with the Composer but with other models 👍
Very important that you also try this to see how quickly your own ear tells you okay or not okay
(Let's see what my ears tell me now )

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #865 of 3,364
Atter 10 minutes.....

A transparent/fast and very dynamic performance with fun factor which invites you to tap your feet......i can't describe it any other way 😎
Simply awesome for this price 👍

NOMAX

Ps.lol

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #866 of 3,364
Atter 10 minutes.....

A transparent/fast and very dynamic performance with fun factor which invites you to tap your feet......i can't describe it any other way 😎
Simply awesome for this price 👍

NOMAX

Ps.lol
I like your description very much but I can't agree with the last comment. What do you mean "at this price"??? It is not € 250, it is € 2,500. At this price any headphone should sound heavenly. Let's not support the price madness of some manufacturers. I hope AA will not become another F or A or DC...

Oct 24, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #867 of 3,364
I like your description very much but I can't agree with the last comment. What do you mean "at this price"??? It is not € 250, it is € 2,500. At this price any headphone should sound heavenly. Let's not support the price madness of some manufacturers. I hope AA will not become another F or A or DC...
Obviously the "at this price" was meant in comparison to those priced at 4k and up.

Nobody is a fan of these high prices, but if a 2500 product competes with 4000 products it's worth mentioning.

And this is what he meant.

Oct 24, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #868 of 3,364
👍

The nice thing about the Composer is...when you have your Susvara as well as Utopia next to it and hear that you immediately notice how much more comes from below 😉
You don't even need Golden Ears for that 😎
(A bass monster is the Viennese against it told me a friend who has compared his Hifiman with it😂)

NOMAX

That sounds pretty cool. Hope this statement holds up. But I have faith in you NOMAX XD

Are there are driver shots of magnets and driver film?

The mysphere driver looked very beautiful. I expect same level of craftsmanship of heart if headphone for the composer

Oct 24, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #869 of 3,364
Are there are driver shots of magnets and driver film?
They were posted earlier....

I was curious how much tech was transferred from the K812, the K800 drivers are rather very good IMHO, cleaner than the HD800/S, at least from my side by side daily use.
So no trickle down? hhhhmmm...:thinking:

Yes therefore listen....I no longer notice anything of the weaknesses of the K812😉...its over 10 years ago also 😎

NOMAX
I wonder if that is due more to the tuning of the driver or the the overall implementation, cup, venting, pads....
The technical performance of the K812 and K872 is quite good but they are not the most approachable phone, a bit too analytical for some recordings/music but can be quite stellar on some.
If Austrian Audio have managed to maintain some of this clarity with musicality... with extended fuller bass..... with a smaller driver..... time to start checking my piggy bank. : )

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #870 of 3,364
Obviously the "at this price" was meant in comparison to those priced at 4k and up.

Nobody is a fan of these high prices, but if a 2500 product competes with 4000 products it's worth mentioning.

And this is what he meant.

❗️The decision where and how much someone puts into a model I would like to and can not take from you and anyone else❗
However, I can make you attentive to my way to look at the Composer closer and to listen to 😎

NOMAX

PS.provided I am convinced of it myself 👍
(Just as others have done in the past, even if they were only a few)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back