THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
May 9, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #3,227 of 3,272
Soundwise the CMA 18 is very nice. For me it’s too large though. But for stationary use that would not be a problem of course
Yeah, I have one use case for it, I go for extended stays in different places in Europe so it's nice to have something desktop level quality without size or wieght. I don't need a dap because I am already lugging a phone and tablet and sometimes a laptop. But mostly I am just curious to hear it.

May 10, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #3,229 of 3,272
Now i am on they way back from Munich....😎

IMG_4487.jpeg

PS.actually more disappointments than surprises this year at High End Munich Show
(Only the two focal dwarves turned out really well for the asking price)

May 10, 2024 at 11:40 PM Post #3,230 of 3,272
Now i am on they way back from Munich....😎

IMG_4487.jpeg

PS.actually more disappointments than surprises this year at High End Munich Show
(Only the two focal dwarves turned out really well for the asking price)
Who did you exhibit with? I thought I saw an exhibitor badge on you.

May 11, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #3,231 of 3,272
With no one.....that would be far too exhausting for me 😂

NOMAX

May 11, 2024 at 6:36 AM Post #3,232 of 3,272
With no one.....that would be far too exhausting for me 😂

NOMAX
It was nice bumping into you at high end! I’m seriously thinking about the E3 like you mentioned!

May 12, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #3,233 of 3,272
You have to heard this with the Composer👍👍👍👍👍👍 otherwise you won't believe it😂😂😂

IMG_4491.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.Strong Buy❗❗❗❗❗❗❗

May 12, 2024 at 2:09 AM Post #3,234 of 3,272
You have to heard this with the Composer👍👍👍👍👍👍 otherwise you won't believe it😂😂😂

IMG_4491.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.Strong Buy❗❗❗❗❗❗❗
Since you are in EU, you should get yourself an APL dac. It will blow away most of the dac you see on this site, including this one.

May 12, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #3,235 of 3,272
Since you are in EU, you should get yourself an APL dac. It will blow away most of the dac you see on this site, including this one.

I wouldn't consider the normal Ferrum Wandla....it's more about the special features that the Ferrum Golden Sound Edition has for headphone listening 😉
And the implementation of these features ist the best that i have ever heard and outstanding 👍👍👍👍

https://headphones.com/products/ferrum-wandla-dac-goldensound-edition

NOMAX

PS.Even the acoustician from AA how I showed him that was impressed and said...wow 😎
Simply dock onto the Full Score One or another amp and be satisfied for a very, very long time with all headphones 😂👍😂👍😂👍😂

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 3:45 AM Post #3,236 of 3,272
I wouldn't consider the normal Ferrum Wandla....it's more about the special features that the Ferrum Golden Sound Edition has for headphone listening 😉
And the implementation of these features ist the best that i have ever heard and outstanding 👍👍👍👍

https://headphones.com/products/ferrum-wandla-dac-goldensound-edition

NOMAX

PS.Even the acoustician from AA was impressed and said...wow 😎
Simply dock onto the Full Score One or another amp and be satisfied for a very, very long time with all headphones 😂👍😂👍😂👍😂

Sounds too interventionist for me. DSP, "spatial enhancement", simulated tube sound etc.

May 12, 2024 at 3:49 AM Post #3,237 of 3,272
Sounds too interventionist for me. DSP, "spatial enhancement", simulated tube sound etc.

You have to hear it for yourself to believe it😎....and the whole thing is easy to use...not complicated 👍

NOMAX

May 13, 2024 at 3:04 AM Post #3,239 of 3,272
Also had the chance to listen to the Composer at the Munich High End show (without Nomax :wink:).
Very nice build quality, very compfy to wear and great, clean deep bass.
But for me the balance is not how I like it. Due to teh noisy enviroment I had to turn up the volume quite a bit and I lsitened to a song with a nice bass at the beginning but as soon as the rest of the frequency spectrum kicked in I had to turn down the volume which is usually a sign for me that the balance is not to my taste. So either EQ bass up or heights down (for me!). But defintely worth a listen hopefully in more optimal conditions.

May 13, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #3,240 of 3,272
Also had the chance to listen to the Composer at the Munich High End show (without Nomax :wink:).
Very nice build quality, very compfy to wear and great, clean deep bass.
But for me the balance is not how I like it. Due to teh noisy enviroment I had to turn up the volume quite a bit and I lsitened to a song with a nice bass at the beginning but as soon as the rest of the frequency spectrum kicked in I had to turn down the volume which is usually a sign for me that the balance is not to my taste. So either EQ bass up or heights down (for me!). But defintely worth a listen hopefully in more optimal conditions.
Yes, show conditions are hard for open headphones. The Composer does have a bit less than the newer Harman target curve in bass, so I understand if the balance you expected might be a bit different. But maybe you find an opportunity to check with your normal listening level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back