The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Feb 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #4,366 of 5,999
I remember Michael being a bit protective of the frequency alterations.  "Many years of experience in pro audio" comes to mind, on the subject.  I could be wrong...

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #4,367 of 5,999
  I remember Michael being a bit protective of the frequency alterations.  "Many years of experience in pro audio" comes to mind, on the subject.  I could be wrong...

That's understandable.  But I am a small fraction from 100 percent confident that the processing is linear, and it should be easily measurable.  So, with an M8 in hand and some effort, it should be possible to back out. 

Having said all of that, it is really my interest in headphone frequency response that has me curious, as anyone who has an M8 can try out the switches and see how the alterations pair with the headphone they use.  For me, the bass control is very useful even with flat bass headphones, whereas the treble switch is something I'm still evaluating. 

Feb 17, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #4,368 of 5,999
To me, both EQ band with cut & boost would have been more useful. An implementation of a 5 way switch (-2, -1, 0, +1, +2) for both bands would've been perfect. If space is a concern then the 5 way treble EQ switch could be placed just above the bass EQ switch. Just my thoughts on how to improve on an already amazing product

Feb 19, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #4,373 of 5,999
Bought a HiFi-M8 and use it with my iPod Classic. 

Like it a lot BUT I need a pouch/case for it.

Contacted Michael Goodman at Centrance and he recommend me to ask here - Anyone who knows where to get one?

Have looked at SF Bags and they have one for the "PS Vita" but it seems a bit narrow.

Let me know if you have thoughts!

Feb 19, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #4,374 of 5,999
  Centrance did advertise iPhone 24/96 capability, especially to people who pre-ordered. I hope Centrance can be more forthcoming towards ETA of the firmware's development and subsequent upgrade dates. 

This +10.

It's disconcerting the update isn't available yet, when my
iPhone/iPad > Onkyo HD > CCK > usb cable > HRT microstreamer > UM3X can playback 24/96 content to that mini DAC/Amp, yet the M8 native USB-A port+Lightning cable can't.

sure, could do the same cable rig to the M8 USB-B port for 24/96, but CEntrance said we'd get "native" (using USB-A, Apple Lightning cable) port ability to playback higher res files from our iDevices.
far as I can tell, they are so tight on resources (building/selling M8s) along with the new MixerFace promo tour that their promise/delivery of this firmware update is more like vaporware each day.
sad.

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #4,375 of 5,999
  Bought a HiFi-M8 and use it with my iPod Classic. 

Like it a lot BUT I need a pouch/case for it.

Contacted Michael Goodman at Centrance and he recommend me to ask here - Anyone who knows where to get one?

Have looked at SF Bags and they have one for the "PS Vita" but it seems a bit narrow.

Let me know if you have thoughts!

I just received my Timbuk2 case the other day, and I'm thrilled with how good a fit it is for the M8 with iDevice attached or by itself...

Its called the Pill Box Pro

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/pill-box-gopro-hero-camera-case-for-electronic-devices

You can fit the M8 with an iDevice attached...

Or use the elastic strap inside to secure the M8 by itself inside, then use the zipper pouch for cables and bands, and I bet an iPod would fit in there too...

And how I'm listening with it today......

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #4,378 of 5,999
Looking to buy centrance hifi m8 4xl or rs a version if anyone is selling. IPhone version, not lx. Thanks!

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #4,379 of 5,999
Looking to buy centrance hifi m8 4xl or rs a version if anyone is selling. IPhone version, not lx. Thanks!

You know either versions work for iPhone right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back