The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Aug 4, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #211 of 1,323
It's my understanding that they are just secured with adhesive.  So, you just pull them off...it'll take a bit of tugging, though.

This is only what I've heard from others, though, so you may want to wait to hear from someone who has actually done it...

Yes that is correct! It can be removed and placed back on afterwards easily. Only the first time it takes a bit more force to pull it off.

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #213 of 1,323
Well I got my dt1350 today and plugged it into my my emotiva preamp and wow am I disappointed. There is a 14 day return policy so before I return them I want to know if they improve with burning in. I expected a flat response, but got very shrill highs with a diminished mid range. Bass was there but not very prominent. I bought these based on the reviews I've read here and other places, but frankly at this point I don't find them listenable.

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #214 of 1,323
If they are anything like the T-50P they will benefit from a good burn in.

I HATED the T-50P out of the box, the worst sound ever, I thought they must have been fakes.

After 5 days non stop on Stereophile Test Disc 2, via the output of my little used Linn Classik
they are starting to reproduce instruments with some accuracy.

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #216 of 1,323
Quote:
Actually even after an hour those highs don't sound so shrill and the mids are moving to the forefront, so I'll give them a shot.

What were you listening to before the 1350s?  It sounds like it's more a matter of your ears getting used to the headphones, and if you came from something with a completely different sound signature, then it's just going to take some time to adjust.

I will say that mine started sounding better after the first 2-3 weeks.  Probably more mental burn-in than anything, but I'm enjoying them a lot more now than I did initially. Not that they were ever bad to begin with...

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #217 of 1,323
I just saw the DT1350 in person at B&H. They're understated and handsome. Taken out of box then put back; they were not a store model attached to the listening display. (DT880's were on the display.) The DT1350 was hard to pa$$ up until I get the nerve to go for it.

Sep 23, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #221 of 1,323
I just wanted to post a picture of my portable DT-1350 rig.

iPhone 4 --> iQube --> DT-1350. I enjoy this rig very much for travel, the office and even sometimes at home. 

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #223 of 1,323
Quote:
Hopefully this is not out of line - Shameless pimping, mine are back up for sale Beyerdynamic DT1350 Price Drop!.  I've had them most of a year or better, they are great headphones, but time to try some other great headphones.  The posting is resurected from back in April - I tried to part with them then, and just couldn't do it.

So...did you ever regret this decision? 

Oct 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #225 of 1,323
Quote:
Anyone here have issues with clamping?
I recently got these to replace my ES10's and the it gets really uncomfortable within 30 minutes due to high clamping force...

Some people do have problems with it...you can very gently stretch the headband a little, but otherwise it will become a little less clampy over time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back