The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Oct 7, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #4,831 of 12,546
I been enjoying my DT880 premium 600ohms alot since I got them in the mail earlier today thru my NFB15.32.

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #4,832 of 12,546
So your NFB15.32 even delivers the mail. Wow, I'll have to get one of those.
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #4,834 of 12,546

Congrats and great choice on your purchase.  Aren't they just something else right???
wink_face.gif

Thx, I got them for a good price thx to my ebucks, but I could had got even more off if i knew about that coupon code from razerdog. I should had went right to these, instead of two other headphones I had right before these.  I did had to run these thru some music, after taking them out the box and they improved. Because before they was super bright, but after some burn in they become right.

So your NFB15.32 even delivers the mail. Wow, I'll have to get one of those.
biggrin.gif

I just not  realize that i worded that wrong. I was enjoying them so much that I didn't even check to make sure my post right.

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #4,835 of 12,546

Congrats and great choice on your purchase.  Aren't they just something else right???
wink_face.gif

Thanks to the DT880 600ohms I am stuck in this mid-fi trap that I may never find "better" sound by travelling to Summit-Fi. I'm so content by these detail monsters and the wonderful airy soundstage that makes the music sound alive. I've heard in some reviews that the HE-500 and even HD800 weren't substantially better than the DT880 600ohm or to some even less musical than the DT880 600ohm. I really need to get out there to some more head-fi meets to experience this firsthand. If any of you are from southern California there is one coming up in my hometown this November :] Hope to see you there!

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #4,836 of 12,546
Thanks to the DT880 600ohms I am stuck in this mid-fi trap that I may never find "better" sound by travelling to Summit-Fi. I'm so content by these detail monsters and the wonderful airy soundstage that makes the music sound alive. I've heard in some reviews that the HE-500 and even HD800 weren't substantially better than the DT880 600ohm or to some even less musical than the DT880 600ohm. I really need to get out there to some more head-fi meets to experience this firsthand. If any of you are from southern California there is one coming up in my hometown this November :] Hope to see you there!
I thought that too. Then I bought a pair of T90s................. :wink: Not even double the price of a new set of DT880s.... 500. Well spent. :D

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #4,838 of 12,546
Hey i recently got a dt880 600ohm w/ a Essence STX. Just wondering what is a good amp to add on adjust the volume as i hate alt tabbing out of something just to lower it down also i guess it would be an upgrade to the overall sound quality looking to spend within $200. 

Since im fairly new, is there a specific way i should be setting up the Headphone in the Xonar program ?? i just have the +18DB(MAX) for the 600ohm, the (HF) on using 44.1 khz with 2 channels. Is there anything else i should use for listening to music / gaming ?? thanks in advance !

Oct 9, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #4,839 of 12,546

I would love to attend a head-fi meet anywhere in Cali.  If there's any coming soon, PEOPLE let me know...  I would love to share my phones/gears and listen to others as well and of course meet you all.  
wink_face.gif

Oct 9, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #4,840 of 12,546
  Hey i recently got a dt880 600ohm w/ a Essence STX. Just wondering what is a good amp to add on adjust the volume as i hate alt tabbing out of something just to lower it down also i guess it would be an upgrade to the overall sound quality looking to spend within $200. 

Since im fairly new, is there a specific way i should be setting up the Headphone in the Xonar program ?? i just have the +18DB(MAX) for the 600ohm, the (HF) on using 44.1 khz with 2 channels. Is there anything else i should use for listening to music / gaming ?? thanks in advance !

I take that you're looking to upgrade for about a price tag of $200 right?

IMHO I would look into Schiit Magni/Modi.  Best bang for your bucks...  They will drive the DT880 600ohms no problem.  "And the Magni has a volume knob so you won't have to mess with that annoying ALT/Tabbing." 
wink_face.gif

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #4,841 of 12,546
I thought that too. Then I bought a pair of T90s.................
wink.gif
Not even double the price of a new set of DT880s.... 500. Well spent.
biggrin.gif

I'll be getting a T90 one of these days... but it will have to be balanced >.> which means I need to wait to 1) find a used one already balanced here on Head Le Fi or B buy a used one and Balance it :3 

Oct 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #4,842 of 12,546

I take that you're looking to upgrade for about a price tag of $200 right?

IMHO I would look into Schiit Magni/Modi.  Best bang for your bucks...  They will drive the DT880 600ohms no problem.  "And the Magni has a volume knob so you won't have to mess with that annoying ALT/Tabbing." 
wink_face.gif

sorry for sounding like a noob, but that magni would be an addon to the STX right ? meaning i would get better quality ?

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #4,843 of 12,546

sorry for sounding like a noob, but that magni would be an addon to the STX right ? meaning i would get better quality ?

Magni (amp)
Modi (DAC) = Digital to Analog Converter

So what the DAC will do is totally eliminate your sound card from your pc.  Just imagine this: Modi will be replacing your sound card and become your external sound card, pretty much.  How is it hooked up? Modi will be hooked up by via USB from your pc, then, RCA out to the Magni (amp) and then out to headphones.   

And yes you will be able to have more power to drive your 600ohms cans and will/should produce higher resolution sound quality.

This might help:

http://schiit.com/products/modi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back