The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Apr 17, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #3,151 of 12,546
I've received the 250 ohms today in the mail: I just can't stop listening to my music collection.
With practically no burn in (to which I have a neutral stance) they already have me headbanging. 
beyersmile.png

I'm listening to music now, rather than to headphones. Love it.

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #3,152 of 12,546
Nice! Glad you agree with my suggestion. The DT880's are wonderful headphones and a good upgrade from the 598's in my opinion, even if not a huge upgrade. I had a hard time taking them off my head when I got mine too. Mine are still head a lot of the time that I am at home and not at work. 

I just sold my Shure 940's and bought a Maverick A1 amp from the classified section, but won't get it in the mail till next Tuesday. Really excited to hear the DT880's through some tube goodness! Waiting for new gear is hard. 

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #3,155 of 12,546
Quote:
Nice! Glad you agree with my suggestion. The DT880's are wonderful headphones and a good upgrade from the 598's in my opinion, even if not a huge upgrade. I had a hard time taking them off my head when I got mine too. Mine are still head a lot of the time that I am at home and not at work. 

I just sold my Shure 940's and bought a Maverick A1 amp from the classified section, but won't get it in the mail till next Tuesday. Really excited to hear the DT880's through some tube goodness! Waiting for new gear is hard. 

Thanks so much for the suggestion! The Beyers pretty much offer everything you described in the thread, and overall they just seem to be much more engaging.

Waiting for new gear is indeed hard (first world problems are still problems
wink.gif
 )! Do post your experiences with the Maverick A1 once you receive it, I'm rather curious!

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #3,156 of 12,546
Hoping to get some help from a bunch of DT880 owners here.

Ive had mine since 2010 and seem to be having some issues with them. The original cable seems to have developed a short due to bending when coming out of my amp. Id like to fix this by rewiring the cans.

I am a engineer so I feel comfortable doing the work I found a guide that I am assuming is accurate to my dt 880 600ohms (http://www.head-fi.org/t/172825/beyerdynamic-dt880-re-cable-guide-in-progress). My problem is the cabling.. just from the little research ive done it seems like theres a billion different cables and connectors and all of that.

My setup is pretty simple its a nudac to a little dot mkiii to the cans. Right now I have a gold adapter that I use to hook the cans into the amp.. id like to change that. I listen to mostly techno/trance/dubstep and rock and play video games.

Does anyone have a cable brand and connector that they recommend for use with this setup? 

One other question.. is it easy to clean the ear pads? Mine have gotten pretty dirty so I was going to try cleaning them but did not know if this was a common thing or if people just replace the pads.

Thanks guys :)

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #3,157 of 12,546
Personally, I like the Cardas headphone jacks.

I doubt that one jack will sound better than another though...................

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #3,159 of 12,546
Quote:
I was talking about cables and a connector. I talked to bluemoon who recommended "5ft Black Dragon V2 headphone cable with 1/4" Furutech Plug" which looks very nice but its also really pricey.

Ahhhh!
I think a better cable MAY make a difference if you have an excellent amp.
With a middle of the road amp I can't hear the difference.
Personally, I'd rather spend the money on a better DAC or amp.   YMMV!
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #3,160 of 12,546
Quote:
I was talking about cables and a connector. I talked to bluemoon who recommended "5ft Black Dragon V2 headphone cable with 1/4" Furutech Plug" which looks very nice but its also really pricey.

Quote:
Ahhhh!
I think a better cable MAY make a difference if you have an excellent amp.
With a middle of the road amp I can't hear the difference.
Personally, I'd rather spend the money on a better DAC or amp.   YMMV!
biggrin.gif

No a cable won't make a difference to the sound what-so-ever. Upgrade your source.

Apr 23, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #3,164 of 12,546
Apr 24, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #3,165 of 12,546
Hello guys! I've been enjoying my DT880/600 for almost a week now powered by Asus Xonar STX.

I just got a stupid question, is it possible for a fiio e09k be connected to Asus Xonar STX? You might be wondering what would be my reason for doing that, probably I just love the convenience of having to adjust the volume right away. Is this possible and will there be any improvements on the sound quality? Just curious, thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back